Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

FCA has quite a lot of cash, though? But if I were them I'd invest some of it in giving Dodge a logo/identity that doesn't make it look like a dollar store brand.

Christ, it's amazing how awful everything about Chrysler is.

no, they're cooking the books and bleeding to death. pushing back pretty much every product launch, shopping for a merger, and now rumored to be shopping alfa and Maserati around.

toyota has the 2.4 V6TT in the TS050 that could very nearly slot right in but i can't imagine how that would benefit their business.

I could see ford doing it for something else to slap an ecoboost sticker on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

its my dream it will be as dumb as i want it pal !!

I'm sure what honda really wants is their F1 engine going to all their Indy customers right now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

drgitlin posted:

There are hybrid versions of the GLC and Volvo, and the NX is an utterly garbage car no one should buy. Haven't driven a Lincoln yet.

Hybrids aren't dying by any stretch of the imagination.

Every new mercedes is going to be a mild hybrid within a few years. The new i4 and i6 are designed from the ground up around an electric motor/generator on the crankshaft for the i6 and belt driven for the i4 that acts as the starter, alternator, can contribute 20hp on acceleration, recover energy on deceleration, and powers 48v electric motors that runs the A/C and water pump, as well as spools the turbo. Even though it's not called a hybrid, it's probably the easiest example to use for F1 tech being used in road cars.

There are so many benefits and so few drawbacks, i would imagine within 10 years almost every ICE engine production car will start to look like that, and it's all a directly related to what F1 is doing right now.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 7, 2017

• Locked thread