Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Karam is on the pre-team switch Joey Logano career trajectory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Are we doing Fantasy again this year?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cygni posted:

Also KV officially dead: http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138216-kv-racing-technology-thanks-fans-team-members

Coyne becomes the only surviving team that ran in ChampCar in 07.

Tony Kanaan '13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8v-X6S4wlU&t=940s

RIP KV. The '13 Indy 500 is still one of my favorite races and race wins of all time.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

It's your sex life.

Tell me something I don't know.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

njsykora posted:

You pick 4 drivers for each race with a $100 salary cap. Driver value is I think determined by championship position and recent form. Then you score the same points for each driver's finishing position that they earn in the championship. And Indy you get to pick 10 drivers with a $500 cap. There's also a average speed predictor for every race that acts as a tiebreaker. There'll presumably be signup links posted here when the new fantasy season starts but it all runs from the Indycar website. Knowing nothing about Indycar last year I finished 3rd with a policy of always picking Josef Newgarden and Max Chilton.

You can either go with one really good, two midpack, one backmarker or Two top tier, two backmarkers on your strategy play. Or four midpack drivers, I guess.

WindyMan posted:

Oreovicz is gone from ESPN just as the season is getting underway and the series becomes an even lower priority for them. Not that Oreo or ESPN was ever a primary or top source for Indy news, but even so that's a pretty sizable loss of exposure for Indycar.

Meanwhile, ESPN is dropping more ballast as it continues its slow descent into irrelevance. When does that ESPN deal expire? Indycar and the 500 needs to be on NBC sooner rather than later.

I've always found fascinating that, despite getting out of racing completely, ABC/ESPN still found value in and a want to broadcast the Indy 500. Don't get me wrong, I love Indy, I'm just surprised they're willing to put money out for it given the tire fire ESPN is now and wonder if they'll re-up somehow.

Allen Bestwick's dream was to call the Indy 500 and he's probably going to get about two more times to do it. :(

The thing I hate about NBC's IndyCar coverage is it's a revolving door of personalities. Leigh Diffey, Brian Till, Rick Allen, Kevin Lee all do PBP, with PT, Townsend Bell, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs doing color. It seems to have gotten better, but there's no identity with the broadcast team. Maybe they can poach AB somehow and dangle hockey games in front of him unless he's got a contract like Bob Varsha's which has essentially made him invisible in racing.

WindyMan posted:

Just consider how long they kept Marty Reid in the booth for ABC broadcasts after he demonstrated himself to be less than competent at the job. At this rate, that kind of dedication to excellence in broadcasting isn't that far down the road in other ESPN productions.

Marty was the second biggest Danica cheerleader in racing behind Todd Harris (another "excellent" hire), and it seemed ESPN and IndyCar didn't mind that.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 7, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/SageKaram/status/849438183418941441

Just fuckin' :laffo: man. Fuckin'...

You just know Jordan Taylor's going to parody that in like 3 seconds.

e- https://twitter.com/MarcoAndretti/status/849441087349567488

When Marco Andretti shits on you, it's time to go home. :roflolmao:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 5, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Did Sage already delete that tweet?

Sure looks that way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

njsykora posted:

It was Sage posing shirtless showing off his ripped body saying he was ready for Long Beach.

In tight-fitting underwear.

Eight out of ten ladies would have swiped left on Tinder because they don't like shirtless selfies.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You can be sure that if someone swiped right Sage would have wrecked it

If by wrecked it, you mean "made it 20 seconds, then blamed somebody else for the DNF", then yes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, Michael Shank Racing is entering a car in the five hundr----FERNANDO ALONSO? :dogbutton:

Here's the Shank article, but Alonso. http://www.imsa.com/news/042017/michael-shank-racing-partners-andretti-autosport-indianapolis-500-effort

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jerry Punch is among the ESPN cuts made today.

e- No word on if it's immediate or after the IndyCar season is over, but Doc himself confirmed it and thanked ESPN in a Tweet. If it's immediate, you'd have DeBruhl and Beekhuis on pit road for the 500 unless they bring somebody else in to do it. Not enough.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 26, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Allen Bestwick was also released by ESPN. His last assignment for ESPN will be Detroit:

https://twitter.com/AllenBestwick/status/858126592576454656

Does this pretty much seal up that IndyCar/ESPN/the 500's time together are coming to an end?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

wicka posted:

I think Varsha pretty much decided to retire.

Didn't he have some sort of awful contract with FOX which left him with nothing really to call after F1 moved to NBCSN, but limited ability to go pinch hit on other networks' broadcasts? I remember he did one IndyCar race at Pocono in 2014 and wasn't able to do Barrett-Jackson when that moved to Velocity.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BINGO!

Russia just took out a chunk of an IndyCar field. :sad:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Human Grand Prix posted:

He starts from the back I assume?

By "he", you mean Ryan Briscoe?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wanted a Glorious Sato-San pole. :(

How did four Penske cars wind up midpack in qualifying? I would've thought at least one of Helio/Newgarden/SiPag/JPM would've been fast enough to get into the fast 9 as well.

e- https://twitter.com/TonyKanaan/status/866688808770830337

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 22, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

As evidenced by Dario in... 2012 if I remember correctly, inconvenienced drivers make the best commentators.

Dan Wheldon was in the booth with Bob Jenkins when he was without a ride in 2011.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

On that note, I looked to see who was going to butcher the song this year and was surprised to find it's Jim Corneilson, who's the Anthem singer for the Chicago Blackhawks and will hopefully do the song justice.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Guys, it's time for the motherfucking Indianapolis 500. :getin:

12-9-22-5-26-14-20-21-8-29-shotgun shell-hog testicle-squirrel skull with partial brain matter gon win dis in the official fantasy game. 173.941 is your average speed.

Let's Go The Best Possible Winner: TK.
Dark horse: Glorious Sato-San

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This could be the best non-Nabors "Back Home Again" we ever see.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Need a delay in the start because the Stars 'n Stripes breaks off the truck.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TK and Power going to the front right the gently caress now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TK to the lead.

Well, that was fun, throw the checkered flag. We have a winner.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:tviv: :stonklol:

:dogbutton:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I figured that was going to be "Jobber turns across a faster car", but that was just a racin' deal in the worst way possible.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

KingShibby in IRC said he was in that photo hole 15 minutes before the crash. :stonklol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I would say they were light on downforce.

WindyMan posted:

AND THE HOLMATRO SAFETY TEAM HAS WON THE INDY 500 CLIMB THE FENCE WOO

:perfect:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Karam died so that everybody else may live.

Except RHR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Love that commentary.

GRORIOUS SATO-SAN FOR NIPPON!

1-4-6-10-11-16-19-22-23-24 fantasy results.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think Jones is English by way of Dubai unless the UAE can now magically change birthplaces now, too.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Must be paying him mad bank to keep him in a literal hellhole

It's not just a hellhole, it's a lavish, exciting, vibrant, obnoxious city whose highrises are an unintentional supplement to NYE celebrations, all to mask that it's a hellhole!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

92 points in both Fantasy races this weekend. At least I'm consistent? :confused:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TK winning would've been the perfect finish to this...well...whatever this was tonight. An excellent race which went full stupid after the big wreck, then became an excellent race again and had a lovely finish which was probably for the best given a GWC would've been equal parts exciting and terrifying?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Scott Dixon is apparently boring.

Tony Kanaan is an rear end in a top hat (?).

I would take Dixie over Will Power seven days a week.

TK is a good driver who momentarily ran out of talent and still nearly won the race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Great race with a finish ruined by tremendous pit strategy on the part of the 12 team. Rossi/Newgarden/TK/Dixie would've been a hell of a race for the win.

IndyCar needs more ovals.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:rip:

So, Rossi to the 10 in spite of doing not much?

How does Max Chilton still have a ride at Ganassi in spite of doing nothing?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 22, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

harperdc posted:

TK is in a similar position to Helio, if - IF - Chip hasn't offered him an IndyCar seat but has a sports car seat open and available. Now Chip doesn't have quite as much history as Penske, and TK doesn't have as much history with Chip as Helio and the Captain, but...chasing another year or two, max, versus transitioning to sports cars and guaranteeing the next 5-10 years of your career?

I would be trying to get Chip to run me an extra car for Indy while taking the Ford seat. But that's easy for me to say.

Define "history", because Chip beating the piss out of the DP field for a few years in Rolex/IMSA with Scott Pruett and a revolving door of co-drivers was pretty noteworthy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I was in a 46-way tie for winning last week's round in the Fantasy game overall. :getin:

Didn't we have somebody else do that this year as well?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

wicka posted:

What’d Josef do? I’m watching the dumb fight.

Wasn't going to let a Penske teammate block him at the end of a straightaway two weeks in a row.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

The name Sage Karam keeps throwing me off too cause I keep picturing some Uzbekistani pay driver who has his entire nation's wealth behind him to land him an IndyCar seat. Instead it's some douchy looking kid from Pennsylvania.

Who posts underwear pics on Twitter and gets called out by Marco Andretti for it, only to immediately take them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Oh poo poo.

The rumor mill this year is INTENSE

Is Rossi being backed by Honda money or something?

I know I mentioned this in Discord the other day, but he strikes me as overrated. His (Rossi's) resume is one turn and a straightaway more impressive than JR Hildebrand.

e- Eh, comparing the two, that's a bit harsh of a comparison but still, he seems to be somebody who's riding on potential more than anything.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 29, 2017

• Locked thread