Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theris posted:

The worst kept secret of silly season that was taking an inexplicably long time to be announced has finally been announced: Chilton and Kimball full time with Carlin

FINALLY

:getin:

That's 20 full time rides, plus one part time seat open (#20 for ECR) and one full time seat open (#19 for Dale Coyne)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

22 full timers and 2 part timers lookin to add more races. 10 Chevy, 12 Honda. 2 new full time owners, 2 new part time owners. 29 cars confirmed for Indy so far. Next years schedule has been out for 2+ months. And its not even xmas yet.

Good stuff.

Who are the 29 confirmed? Gommendy or whoever it was pulled out from what I heard.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That puts the 500 total up to 28 confirmed rides, and 2 "I want to do this" rides (Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney, both who drive for Chip and Roger respectively in NASCAR).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We already have, if you count unconfirmed rides, 33 for the 500 already :stare:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minto Took posted:

The Pacers haven’t been relevant since Reggie retired.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And a taco bell

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OhsH posted:

Indiana is good

gret posted:

For me to poop on.

Also, Indiana is home to Gary.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

New race director whos taking over for Barnhart will be Kyle Novak, previously the CTSC/Porsche GT3 Cup race director for IMSA. No word yet if he wants 4 good ones.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/146545-indycar-series-set-to-get-new-race-director

So... race ending pileup time, again, I take it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

With that, we are at 21 cars full time. All that's left is Coyne's second car to put it at 22, with 2 part time cars.

So we're going up 1 car full time, but we have more teams and two teams testing the waters as well on part time deals.

:getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wonder if they're going to run two cars for those four races or just have him and Kaiser split the same car (and maybe run two in the 500).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We may get our second Coyne driver:
https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/950387038918008832

• Locked thread