Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

lol what did you do to deserve that av?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nissan is up there. Remember that Jimmy Vasser and Kevin Kalkhoven visited them not too long ago. Nissan Cosworth could be a thing.

KVSH is done, so who knows about that.

FCA is also rumored to come back to NASCAR, so I wouldn't rule out Alfa.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IndyCar uploaded the 1977 '500:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRtSsExedvE

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'll be at Indy this year.

Probably drive past my old high school. Wonder when I started getting old. :smith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah, he doesn't seem too pleased to see you.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Hitachi makes good stuff. I have one of their TV's.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

lol Cucumber Kolsch is trash. I got some a few years ago and it foamed up as soon as you drank it.

Pour in mouth, all foam.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Triton Brewing Company is where it's at.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Yokels who want their enemies to "get theirs."

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Penske really did make pretty cars.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

I honestly wonder which hurt Roger more, not qualifying for the '95 500 or that cluster gently caress of the whole '99 season.

My bias opinion says not qualifying for the '95 500. It did turn my avatar into a drunk, anyway.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Watched that video. Tony was such a cock.

Probably still is.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Tony funded a lot of the IRL. No legend about that.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

For Fuzzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6FEewFm0uI

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

There is some amazing hair in that grid preview.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm down as gently caress for aeroscreens and roll hoops.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This coverage sucks.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Real talk: if they're going to add another road course, let it be an actual road course and not another street circuit.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Most likely would be an IMSA shared weekend. Rock paper scissors on who gets top billing.

I'm not a huge fan of Laguna, but tagging along when PWC hits VIR could go well. Portland would be great if they dumped the dumbass Monza chicaine.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

(I don't think Roger or Chip would go for the idea though....)

They drat should.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iirc, Fontana said they'd only host a race now if they were the season finale.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I was really hoping Penske would make their own aero parts when it was allowed. :smith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I've never driven Goodyear tires, but Firestone tires are poo poo too. I had some Wide Oval AS and they were noisy as all get out.

Surprisingly enough, my car now has Michelins.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Indy Star has been a poo poo paper for a long time.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This is very much my poo poo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This is definitely rad, especially if McLaren does become a full-time team. I always had the pipe dream that F1 teams could use IndyCar as a breeding/proving ground for personnel along with a not-so-subtle way to test suspension technology.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

McLaren makes their own shocks, yeah? I saw a while ago that Andretti uses Ohlins.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Someone not worth the time.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

NASCAR only matters to NASCAR writers.

It's really obnoxious. The "everything I like is cool and everything you like is lame" mentality that NASCAR and it's press corps have regarding any other racing not owned by NASCAR is childish. Its animus and ridiculous.

I can understand the press not biting the hand that feeds, but if you're so concerned over getting checks than, I don't know, being good at your job, go write about something else.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 18, 2017

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:10bux: says she'd say the 500 was irrelevant if Lewis was coming over since it wasn't Daytona.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Getting angry about Internet posting itt.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Even David Malsher told her the article was poo poo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Aw Hells yeah. Jim Cornelison is singing Back Home Again in Indiana this year.

If you don't watch hockey, here he is singing the National Anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQapVXMMawI&t=85s

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

To end the Jenna Fryer nonsense, she issued a non-apology being all, "sorry I was looking out whats best for IndyCar. I didn't know VICS and F1 had such great ratings."

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mug-n-Bun is trash. That's my hot take.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

For what to eat, get a tenderloin sandwich anywhere but food trucks in or outsidse the track and Mug-n-Bun. Those are trash.

Pro tenderloin can be found here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/broadway-diner-fortville

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 20, 2017

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The track-run foodstands do make a mean tenderloin, though.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Did you consult your 13-year-old for that information?

I was 13 years old when I came up with that information. :colbert:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The reason why I haven't been back is I went there a few years ago around the Indy GP. Parking lot and dining area were about 2/3 full, so not a bad crowd and not overbearing for the staff. I was sitting with my now-wife-then-girlfriend outside sharing a table with a family of four and another family of four across the dining area seated after our table got their drinks before any of us did. I asked the server when we would get our drinks and she said in a panicked voice, "oh, we serve bigger groups first because it's easier." All six of us were amazed at that excuse.

We got our drinks and our food came in to-go bags at the same time even though we didn't ask for take out--felt like the staff wanted us to go away. poo poo service and bad excuses are why Mug-n-Bun is poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Long Beach is one of the better street circuits.

• Locked thread