Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm sort of hoping Toyota ends up being the third engine manufacturer, but I don't really see where the engine spec would benefit them elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It'll be interesting to see how that affects the racing. Also very glad they're putting in a good drainage system. As much as I loved the rain delay antics last year, racing is more betterer.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Silly Season is back:
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/137732-indycar-aleshin-in-doubt-at-spm

quote:

An unexpected vacancy has opened up on the Verizon IndyCar Series grid. Although Russian phenom Mikhail Aleshin was listed as returning by the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports team in October, it would appear a familiar stumbling block with sponsorship has moved the Moscow native from a sure thing to a question mark for SPM in 2017.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Would be neat, teams will throw on the reds for the tail end of the final practice session. It might even help people make better decisions for Indycar Fantasy League 2017: Goddammit Bentai Stop Picking Sato

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Oh sweet gently caress:
http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/kv-racing-in-talks-with-maldonado-866653/

quote:

Former Formula 1 driver and race-winner Pastor Maldonado is currently in negotiations with KV Racing, as the team seeks a way to stay on the Verizon IndyCar Series grid in 2017.

Motorsport.com has learned that the Venezuelan is pursuing a road and street course program with the Kevin Kalkhoven/Jimmy Vasser-owned squad, which has scored four wins over the past three seasons with Sebastien Bourdais.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I have a feeling if he signs, they'll at least try to arrange to get him onto an oval for testing the waters. Something smaller like Phoenix or Iowa.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/carlin-unlikely-to-enter-indycar-in-2017-866639/

quote:

Trevor Carlin has admitted that the chances of a KV Racing-Carlin partnership this season are now looking remote, having failed to land Mikhail Aleshin.

Carlin told Motorsport.com: “Through circumstances, 2017 seems to have slipped away from us. It’s getting so late, it would be hard to put a team together now – not impossible, but very difficult.
This also means a KV-C team could have theoretically been SeaBass, Aleshin and Maldonado.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

IOwnCalculus posted:

A 1/2-side tunnel for easier access to the garage will be nice, though.
This will be much nicer, best change.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They sponsored him back pre-split right?
*edit*
Yeah they did in 2003.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good looking car.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Dang, that's a pretty big change. Going to be fun to see how it shakes out.

I'm kind of happy they're combining qualification and racing into the same day. Race day last year at Phoenix had huge gaps of nothing going on.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Tickets, hotel, car, and airfare booked for Phoenix in April. Stoked.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I should really hit Long Beach again. I should.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah that's the Indycar engine note I remember, fairly sure I started watching the series right around the 92-94 era. Also I'd forgotten how much PIR has changed since those days.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They need to pair up Paul Tracy and Bill Burr. That could be a fun booth.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

PIR race day is looking pretty fun now.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Wish they could have done something with the microphone, but my god the quality of that video.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Are we doing Fantasy again this year?
poo poo I hope so, I need to avenge my 1 point loss because I forgot to set a team for the final round. :argh:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Lamborghini, based on a weird dream I had last night that had then joining the series due to some big US auto dealer.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.crapwagon.com/forums/sho...l=1#post1294676

Yeah RHR is the REAL villain here! Not the man who trashed him up and down the paddock so badly he was stuck giving driving lessons to millionaires in sports cars.

What in the gently caress is wrong with these nutjobs?
Racing fans are bad, Indy fans are worse. I guess.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You hit the pinball museum in Vegas today eh?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

One week till the season starts! :woop:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah buddy, time to lose by one point again!

*edit*
I'm assuming this will change before Sunday, the fantasy site is still using last year's driver costs and stats.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 6, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Oh yeah? My uncle works for Nintendo. :v:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

John Deere-Cosworth.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Live streaming was junk today.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

gret posted:

LOL Marco.
"Would have been faster turning off the car and just running."

Oh man it's racing season again. :allears:

*edit*
An unusual shunt from SeaBass.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

C'mon Sato!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

There's an NBA game on today, that's probably why it's an early start.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That's actually my plan. Going back to bed after this race is over.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

My team picks might have gotten hurt a bit with this yellow.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I fell asleep during the race. Shameful.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Well the ESPN stat tracker said there would be a 66% chance of a breakfast-induced sleep coma during the middle section of the race. They have very smart people there. :v:

That second yellow hosed over my team picks (Power, Hinch, Dixie, Aleshin), and Power getting DQ'd just poured salt in the wound. I'm still surprised the fantasy league people didn't reset the costs for 2017, I mean I guess it makes sense because the drivers that finished the season high in the standings are going to be good choices, but it's a new season and things can change. Like Penske crapping the bed. On the plus side, Sato actually had a very good race.

And now.. a nearly one month wait for the next race. I really wish it was like 2 weeks to Barber, then 2 weeks to Long Beach, feels like a better use of the calendar. :smith:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm totally watching Sebring 12h, it's just a bummer than Indycar has this massive gap between races.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

A good schedule leading into May 2017 could have been this:

March 12th: St Pete
March 26th: Barber
April 9th: Long Beach
April 23rd: Phoenix

Four races every other week. Plenty of time to keep the hype train rolling, plus get the equipment trucked across the US and then to Indiana for ~The Month of May~. A racing goon can dream.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah my whole idea was spitballing for this year, there had to be a track somewhere between Florida and California that could be a good fit for the 26th. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Downtown Vegas street track won't come back without some massive changes to the old Grand Central Parkway front straight. Back in 2007 it was asphalt the whole way across, now it's all gussied up with bus lanes and plant filled concrete medians. Not enough room anymore.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Then where do we wedge Long Beach, because theoretically having the two close together risks cannibalizing sales. I guess.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

God I would love a series of those, even if they're just five or ten minute long mini-documentaries. Talk about epic wins, heartbreaking losses, behind the scenes stories, so many things to talk about, from all of Indy/CART/IRL/CCWS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/sarah_connors/status/844241141230911490

• Locked thread