Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Loved the visor cam but I still wish they could do something about the microphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Marshall Pruett podcast had an interesting idea, house cars. The series picks up the tab for 2-3 cars and use them for the 500. Offer them to ride buyers or one offs from the champions of other series.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is anyone going to be at the Phoenix race except for me and IOC?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

gently caress, I only got 99 points from this week's race. drat you Honday!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Alonso will get taken out turn one, lap one, by Charlie Kimball, or possibly Sage Karam. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

WindyMan posted:

Are we all excited as gently caress about what's happening here? When was the last time there was this much excitement and buzz around Indycar? Mansell, for sure. But anything like this between then and now? Reunification I guess?
I want to say Fontana 2013 had a little excitement because of how tough that race was, and there was that small buzz bump after Fontana 2015, but nothing really major since reunification. Maybe Lotus initially raised eyebrows?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I briefly glanced at trackforum yesterday, and the majority of posters seemed pretty thrilled with Nando running the 500 this year.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

There's a week between the Pocono race and the next F1 race in late August. Maybe nando gets bit by the oval bug and he can finagle another race this year.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Cygni posted:

I honestly hopes he enjoys the less stuffy environment in IndyCar. I'm sure everybody will be going out of their way to make sure he has a good time.
Robin Miller joked on last week's Pruett podcast that he wants to take Alonso to Rusty's BBQ this weekend. Indigestion time here we come!

KingShibby posted:

I'm still waiting for Jenna's 3rd and final segment for the real action
:boom:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Latest Pruett podcast has Marshall going on a rant about spec racing and "what if the nba did that" attempt to compare apples and oranges.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sounds like it's practically a lock, just needs sponsor money I suppose.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I wonder if Mclaren and Honda of Japan would partner to build the ICS engine. We'd have a "Good Lotus vs Bad Lotus" thing going on here

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this indicative of Andretti reliability? Will My Alonso be at a higher than average risk of suffering mechanical failure when he wins the Indy 500 at the first attempt?
I've never seen the Andretti team be this unreliable during the DW12 era. Very odd.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Not sure. He's off strategy.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Wirth1000 posted:

NBC's graphics are atrocious. Is there an alternative?
Not really. Broadcasts are handled by either NBC or ABC. ABC still uses 4:3 graphics in TYOOL 2017 :wtc: and they are the worst. Thankfully they only show a few races during the season.

That said they also gave us this Indy 500 pre race video in 2014 so..
https://youtu.be/tg-2Qd7kp9k

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Verizon Indycar Series 2017: IndyCar isn't F1 and that's OK.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

We should attempt getting a suite at the 500 one year.

Phoenix this weekend, I'll be in town Thursday evening, have "fan suite" tickets like I did last year. Gonna enjoy the hell out of that air conditioning.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I could have sworn I read that Phoenix was going to have qualifying and the race on Saturday, but at last check on the PIR site, qualifying will be Friday night.

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

IOwnCalculus posted:

No, I could've sworn I saw the exact same thing.

Nonedit: Indycar still has it on their site!
Looks like the idea got nixed, qualification has been moved back to Friday:
http://www.indycar.com/Schedule/2017/IndyCar-Series/Phoenix

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/indycar/status/857740548915970048

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

gret posted:

IndyCar isn't F1 and that's OK.
Still conversationally relevant.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah it's been windy as poo poo all day here.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Slightly related, but I still wish Verizon would allow pay access to the good parts of their app for people that are not on their network.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It's juuuust a bit dusty outside. I'm regularly getting pelted from pebbles carried on the winds. Glad tomorrow should not be like this.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/indycar/status/858115913199087617

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Only downside is I pulled up to the track pretty late today, but I still figured there would be people showing up later for qualifying. There's not a single car parked behind me.
I saw a lot of people hitting the gates to leave after the only Indy practice. Best guess I say there's maybe 100-150 people in the stands right now.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Fingers crossed the numbers tomorrow are better than last year. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

WindyMan posted:

Who would we put in Indy's best commentary booth?
Just get a bunch of racing goons in front of the microphone, paired with Paul Tracy.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah there's a whole 30 people here today.

*edit*
This has been a pretty good usac race so far.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 29, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Without a doubt. I'm pretty sure there was wheel on wheel contact going into 3 to make that pass for the lead.

Stands still looking kind of sad.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Son of a bitch.

At least nobody is injured. I assume. Not hearing much, and the cell network here is saturated, makes it hard to check stuff.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 30, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

We're 18 pace laps in.

*edit*
Are they running the same downforce and boost levels they were last year?

Bentai fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 30, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:wtc:
Ugh.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:siren: holy poo poo I saw JR pass Newgarden into T1. An actual car pass! :siren:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hard to say, going to go out on a limb and say the numbers are equal-ish to last year. IOC might be able to weigh in as well.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

"Simon Pagenaud is halfway to flagstaff at the point."

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://youtu.be/7fSiHbZK8F8
Yay, it's May! :nms:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Verizon Indycar Series 2017: Nando de Mayo

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah it was a Bad Race, I even considered leaving early to try and beat traffic. The USAC silver crown race was more exciting; poo poo the USAC quarter-midget races held in the drat fan pavilion put on a better show too. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

He decided to try out the pro-tip from noted oval master Ed Carpenter. :(

• Locked thread