Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Here's a sneak peak of the new Indycar. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Took me a while. I was like what's so amazing about Gutierrez running 18th?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Figured you guys might be interested in seeing this crucial piece of Hinchcliffe advertisment exclusive to people who live in civilized non-hosed-up-beyond-all-metrics countries...

So which toppings did you pick?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Yo, I fuckin' LOVE tomatoes

Seems redundant with tomato sauce. I'd spend the extra ingredient on sausages or something.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

drat that Shell scheme is sexy. Rahal had the best looking team back then with that and the Miller Lite car.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

harperdc posted:

Remember last year, where Logano's throwback for the Southern 500 was based on the damned Porsche 962? Huh.

Helio should be rotating between this scheme and the Pennzoil nuclear banana as long as Penske has the sponsorship.

Maybe Shell doesn't really like NASCAR but keeps sponsoring due to their relationship with Penske's automotive empire, so they try to troll NASCAR at every opportunity.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Come on Wickens.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theris posted:

Indy is easily the best large city in the Midwest after Chicago and MSP. Now, I realize that "better than Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, and St. Louis" is the lowest of bars, but worst place in the country it is not. It's 800 miles from Florida!

Besides Chicago and Minneapolis-St. Paul I'd probably rather live in a college town like Madison or Ann Arbor than any of the other midwestern cities.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MIS used to be a race of attrition and I don't remember any memorable races unless they did the gimmicky Hansford leapfrogging.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Maybe work out a deal to put one of the drivers in the 7?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bentai posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/indycar-needs-proactive-fans-to-revive-its-appeal-to-the-masses-942170/
Commentary writing from David Malsher lamenting the lack of good atmospheres for many Indy races.

I like how the fans in the header photo are all wearing red hats, and presumably got comped tickets to go to the race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

That was a pretty insane pole run by Sato right after his teammate's hard crash.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gently caress that guy.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Andretti should run Sage Karam to take out Newgarden and Dixon.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yes! Let's get the entire ChampCar 2007 field back together.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bobby K can bring his dildo bucks.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sucks that Rosenqvist apparently couldn't get out of his Formula E contract. Would really like to see him in IndyCars too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

Carpenter is an atrocious Road Course and Street Circuit driver. He wisely let somebody else take over the role.

He was actually respectable at the end of his road racing career, as in he was only a couple of tenths off from the next to last driver, rather than multiple seconds when he first started..

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

KingShibby posted:

I am appalled to see Robin Miller not in sweatpants on a non-raceday

Kinda burying the lede that it's Gary Gerould being interviewed in the foreground.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Good to see more racing fans who are women, I guess.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I think he just couldn't find the sponsorship needed to continue. IIRC he was surprised at how difficult it was to find sponsorship for IndyCar.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah but didn’t one of the articles say that ESPN isn’t paying a rights fee? Was NBC the only network willing to pay for F1?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ban Roger Penske, IMO.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Hold on to your butts, I'm about to make the worst post I've ever made:

haven't really enjoyed the recent ICS races at the Glen

It had some cool wins, like Rossi's win this year and Justin Wilson's win with Coyne.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Please don't doxx Fuzzy.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

:getin:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Is Pep Boys will in business?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I guess there's room at DCR for Daly (if he has the funding).

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Danica has a better chance of winning another Indycar race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Interesting. I had assumed AutoNation and Sirius XM were Andretti sponsors.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

OhsH posted:

Indiana is good

For me to poop on.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

KingShibby posted:

Literally the only good part of Indiana as a whole is the Speedway (and Main St), Mug 'n' Bun root beer, IRP/Lucas Oil Raceway, and that's about all that comes to mind. The only good non-racing thing the state has done lately was put in the Kokomo bypass on US-31 so that I can spend less time driving in Indiana.

The rest of Indiana could disappear and I wouldn't miss anything

Columbus has nice architecture, and Bloomington is supposed to be nice, right? The only place I've been in the state outside of Indy/Speedway is Terre Haute, which I remembered as being a total shithole.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

including racetracks. pretty much every big event is getting kickbacks in some form from the state or local govt. free police, free loans, free utilities, or straight up cash like a lot of the old street races getting used for 'redevelopment'.

let alone F1 dates, lawdy.

Bread and circuses, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The premiere of the new season of The Amazing Race with Rossi and Daly is on.

• Locked thread