Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Shimoneta is a funny if not cringe inducing anime and it was a good decision to watch. This has been my contribution to the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I've been out of the fandom since the Zorak/Tenement Funster days. Are there any key series I need to watch now from about 2012 to present?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Fair enough I'll go over to the recommendation thread. I was mainly looking for the heavy hitters of the past few years. Something in a similar vein to Legend of the Legenday Heroes would also be up my alley. The first season of Sword Arr Online was awesome too, but I felt like it really fell off once they were out of the first world.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Endorph posted:

if you liked sword art online, check out log horizon and re:zero, they're the biggest ln 'sucked into a fantasy world' anime since it. Only recent thing like Legend of the Legendary Heroes (assuming you meant that and not galactic heroes) I can think of is Zestiria the X. Oh, and maybe Chaika.

If you want the big hitters from last year, we did a best anime of 2016 thing. and the wiki has the top 10s from the last few years.

Thanks bro this is what I'm looking for.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The Colonel posted:

no. no, network transmission and x6 are much, much, much worse

bn4 at least has decent combat and cute bits of npc text, the level design in x6 is poo poo and nt is just loving unplayable

X4 was really the last well made game in that particular series.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yeah it was like late 80s wasn't it?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Bring back the late 80s, early 90s design aesthetic please.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Hey if you want I can get the dub vs. sub debate started up.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Thanks man that's exactly what I was talking about God Bless.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Terper posted:

If anyone new reads this: you should watch Chihayafuru

Is it going to send me into spiraling depression like the back half of Clannad?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

homeless snail posted:

chihayafuru, is nice

Cool. Haganai also looks cool.

I should probably watch stuff other than slice of life poo poo but my heart can't handle anything heavy right now.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Terper posted:

Absolutely not. It's a hot-blooded sports anime. It was also voted "top shoujo manga read by guys".

Okay I can get behind that. I watched Rosario Vampire a couple of years ago and I remember it being the most complicated mess of emotions. So that's my only experience with Shoujo.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

AnoHito posted:

Heavy as in 'intense' or heavy as in 'depressing'? Because Chihayafuru is intense as all hell, and in season 2 at least, Haganai is kind of both.

Depressing. I can handle intense.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

K-on! is a fun and light hearted show about friendship and music. It was a good use of my time.

This has been my anime input for this evening.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

homeless snail posted:

what your fav song of the keionbu's

Honestly I appreciate the musicianship rather than the songs.
-:goonsay:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Mentat Radnor posted:

Nichijou is much more "absurdist" humor than "typically Japanese" humor. There's also a ton of puns and language jokes that get lost or muddied in translation.

Personally I find it hilarious, but I'm also one of the few people who had Sakamoto Desu Ga? in my top 5 of 2016 list (another absurd, "love it or hate it" type of comedy). I really hope the official release Nichijou subs are well done!

Suplexing goats never gets old though.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Now that I think about it whatever happened to Zorak? Didn't he step down from being a mod like 7 years ago or something?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I thought the PC port of Disgaea 1 was broken as gently caress.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Sakurazuka posted:

Her toe looks hosed up

What is she, a figure skater?