Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let's try this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

boy remember Izetta that sure wasn't a great show but man did I get some warm and fuzzy fanart out of the deal!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Please don't say "You are lazy" 
datte hontou wa Gravy

Is that how that song goes...?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Owned

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Their Euphoniums hibike'd, their Last Witches Izetta'd, their Jo's Jo'd

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That man could crush a watermelon in his bare hands.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

My connection was too poo poo to load image, did the guy really start dumping rapegoblins for no reason

They were behind a hyperlink, but yes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There any legal streaming outlets to watch Hidamari Sketch? Was thinking of picking it up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Should I call a doctor?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've discovered Owlboy is a relentlessly pretty game. Soundtrack's great too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Happy New Year, everyone. Don't let 2017 beat you down.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God, the music in the Nier Automata demo is loving incredible.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

so, uh, holy poo poo. i knew natsuko was gonna die in this ep of cutie honey but i did not expect her to literally loving get charred to death. it's kind of lame, that the episode where she's given the most screen time she's had in the entire series, is the episode where she dies horribly

Go Nagai did that series, right? Sounds like his sort of deal.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/816004706380169216

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

She seems good

She has extremely long and gangly limbs, but she seems good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Never seen a sport coat go with shorts before, but Noa's making it work.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I meant to start watching Hidamari Sketch today over lunch, but I forgot to actually bring it with my laptop. :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Asmaria_/status/816311821808246787

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ashwaynebeyond/status/815709755587067905

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

wheelgun wielder posted:

Another theory is that the mountain gods (who in traditional Japanese literature are usually portrayed as cruel and jealous, or so I've read) aren't about to let their cute little miko go anywhere -- and all those things that seem at first glance to be her social anxiety driving her imagination wild are actually visions that the gods are putting her through to drive her back to the mountains. So all that stuff is actually happening to her (in this interpretation).

Even without that interpretation, what the actual people around her put her through, what with an adult male literally ripping her clothes off, an adult female beating her, and the bear she grew up with using her ignorance of the city to manipulate her at every turn it was still pretty much child abuse every day.

The bear didn't gently caress her, but everyone metaphorically hosed her over.

Eeeeyugh. And this is all played for comedy?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

My first encounter with the legend.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hidamari Sketch seems very very very good. Love the art style, love how it looks in motion, love how it's directed, the first ep's jokes all landed for me, and the ED was fantastic. I think this'll be my designated chill-out show for a good while.

In short

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The machine translation wasn't AWFUL as such things go until it got to that question. But yes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hoping for the best, modmom.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hidamari Sketch is still good after two episodes. I really love the direction - something about the way it's shot and edited injects so much energy into these scenes of a bunch of art dorks sitting around being lazy together.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/816693674264371201

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfA-U6yHt7Y

also OVER THE RAINBOW, the b-side for flip flap's single that's just a duet from cocona and papika

It's pretty good. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad that the shift in plot for flip flappers was planned from the start, and not the result of japanese viewers complaining like someone earlier said people were saying

Sounds like Oshiyama definitely got to make his baby, which is nice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

lol anno, but it sounds like he was a positive influence on the film.

Definitely. "Anno made Godzilla completel jettisonin romance and family drama subplots written by another screenwriter" GOOD. YES. THANK YOU. THAT IS WHAT I WANT MY KAIJU DIRECTOR TO DO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Took me five hours to get my first win in the new Guilty Gear. One of these days I will discover a fighting game that doesn't hate me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xinder posted:

fighting games are a genre that i love but i'm terrible at

i guess it's just lack of practice but i don't have the patience to practice the same thing over and over when i could just start a new game and get a completely new experience right away.

It'd be easier if Guilty Gear had a bigger audience. Street Fighter and poo poo at least have other, similarly bad players around (or at least they did when I was still playing SFV) to give you some sembalance of a difficulty curve even when playing online, whereas I've barely encountered anyone in GG that doesn't seem able to punish every other whiff I make with a 12 hit combo that takes a fourth or more of my life bar off.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I started playing Cities Skylines. I'm not very good at Sim City style games so I'm just going to use the unlimited money mod and mess around.

Might be worth your time glancing at a guide on how to build smart highways/exchanges if you're OCD about preventing traffic jams - the driving AI is a bit thick and you need to be pretty decent at laying out roads to keep your cities from choking on themselves/having rear end-ugly roads. That aside, it's a real good city builder.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hidamari Sketch is kind of ridiculously good, wow. It's pushing a lot of the same buttons as K-On did - and those are a lot of my favorite buttons. Not to imply it doesn't have its own style, of course.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

How far in are you? It's been ages since I watched but I really enjoyed the Yuno fever dream episode, which I seem to remember being early in the first season.

Only 4 episodes in. Haven't watched that much in the grand scheme of things, but any time I can get two hours into a thing without being able to pin down any real flaw is a drat good sign. No fever dreams just yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watched episode 5 of Hidamari on my commute today. That might be one of the best sick day episodes I've seen. Also this show is rapidly becoming the SHAFT-est possible show imaginable. It's a little weird seeing some of the more surreal/unsettling editing and visual tricks from Monogatari in a decidedly less surreal/unsettling show.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anime Ja Nai!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/aviairy/status/816894102818193408

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Did episode 6 of Hidamari over lunch.

It feelslike Miyako is probably the popular choice for Best Girl, and I usually don't like the popular choice, buuut gently caress it. Miyako Best Girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Calling a gyro a sandwich seems as wrong as calling a burrito one. But who cares, the important thing is they are delicious.

Unrelated: man Flip Flappers was good, i keep thinking about it.

Incidentally, the ED/pep-talk song from episode 11 is starting to show up online now, and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtuLniq1Qjg

• Locked thread