Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What show is that? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Well if you'd read the chapter you'd know they didn't get to!

Dreaming of the life

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I too am at a loss.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RoyalTanki/status/847580123180093440

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

From, or to?

I'm glad that Gorf is free.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've been playing it in fits and starts as other things come on and off the backlog, but yeah, NepNep isn't high art or anything but it's goofy and fun enough.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Peachyest_/status/847818555831844866

Summer of Symphogear

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad Symphogear is the new Megaman.

...It is?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Not yet. I'll quit procrastinating and do it this weekend. Only got 5 eps left.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Omgiamonfire/status/847829001741664257

Hibiki Tachibana is Better Than You.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

poo poo, where's that one Yuru Yuri clip

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good work

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Finished this show on my way back from work today. It was really good, thought the ending was particularly strong.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watched episode 9 of GX to celebrate New Symphogear Day.

I like that Miku isn't pressuring Hibiki too hard about her Dad. She and the audience both know that it'd probably be healthier in the long term (and that it's probably inevitable) for Hibiki to forgive him, but he's also genuinely and seriously wronged Hibiki, and Hibiki really shouldn't have any particular reason to move past that at any pace but her own, particularly when BadDad blew his first second chance in such spectacular fashion. Show also continues to do a nice job of balancing Hibiki's improved ability to open up to and rely on Miku and pals -"If I have all of you, I don't need him," which is true enough, IMO- but only to a point - see her inability to look Miku in the eye when she says that, and her unwillingness to continue that conversation.

Gah. "My sword is a philosophical weapon. It destroys anything that you can define as a sword!" We're already intimately aware of the fact that Tsubasa has an unhealthy fascination with viewing herself as a sword, show, this is getting a bit too ham-handed.

I do like that Tsubasa's dad hasn't cleaned her room since she left. Nice bit of relatively subtle and ambiguous characterization - did he leave her room as it was out of sentimentality or out of indifference? Kinda wish they didn't spell it out later in the episode.

Uhm. TsubasaGrandDad. That's gross.

Also is this the first long chat Tsubasa and Maria have had...ever? I was expecting a lot more of this, considering how popular a pairing they seem to be. As it stands Tsubasa has way more chemistry with Chris.

Maria's new song is way better than Tsubasa's. Aaaaand it's over.

Maaaan. There's SOMETHING here with Tsubasa and her dad, but it really needed more time. Aaaaaaagh that slow first half of the season...

The ignited version of Tsubasa's song, meanwhile, is MUCH better than the basic version.

Coin-Lady Autscorer has the best fighting style. It amuses me.

Tsubasa's finisher here loving owns.

The way we're chewing through the Autoscorers here, I feel like they're gonna get revived for the finale or something.

VEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!! YOU BEAUTIFUL MELTY-FACED MAN!!!

Oh, hey, post-credits. Frankly, I'm kind of stunned Hibiki hadn't ALREADY deleted BadDad from her phone considering how hard she went out of her way to avoid talking or thinking about him before this.

Good episode. Still Symphogear, also still GX. Gonna finish it out over the weekend.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

once you're done with symphogear, remember to experience the writer's earlier, best work

What is that literary masterpiece called?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0

it's kind of badly translated but wild arms 1 is short and decent, though it suffers from a party dynamic that's sort of muted by having a silent lead character. wild arms 2 is amazing but, its translation is among the worst for any ps1 game ever

i would actually seriously recommend giving the games a look though, especially wild arms 3, which has a solid translation and is a story about a girl who decides to become a badass desert wanderer and ends up forming a band of rowdy cowboys with shotguns, sniper rifles and smgs and also the power of magic and summoning ancient spirits who fight bad guys. you can get it on psn if you have a ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2C67soK38

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the Symphogear writer did Wild Arms. I might give 3 a look at some point!

I think I only ever played a bit of 4 waaaaaay back in the day. I think it was 4, anyway - it was the one everyone seems to dislike and also seems to revolve entirely around pitting Good Children vs Evil Adults.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

There's actually some cute callbacks to Wild Arms in Symphogear. Like the gag in S1 when the Tower of Balal shows up and one of the FIS agents googles it and says 'I just get guides for old RPGs I've never heard of!", because the bonus dungeon in the wild arms series was also called the tower of balal.

Hah.

I should rewatch S1 once I finish GX. I'm kind of curious to see how much my current opinion that GX is the worst of the 3 has to do with how much higher my expectations were coming off of G.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

an actual dog posted:

Hyouka is in the running for best kyoani show

Yeah, it's sublime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Symphogear is gloriously over-the-top and earnest even when it gets kind of stupid and I love it to death.

Speaking of goofy but earnest poo poo, finally got around to finishing Altera's story in Fate/Extella. This game's writing isn't amazing, but it's a far sight better than I would at all expect from a Fate/Musou thing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm through three eps of Hyouka. It's kind of a hard show to read so far, I'm curious where they're planning to take it. The stream I'm using is super low res so I can't really appreciate it the KyoAni visuals, but they would be pretty nice otherwise I think.

Cake Attack posted:

torrent it dummy!!!!!!

its so pretty!!

Seriously, I'm having difficulty comprehending the experience of watching Hyouka without being able to fully appreciate the art design.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

I should get a new av... maybe Aqua, Vigne, Tapris, or like... a boy?!

I vote Vigne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Congrats!

• Locked thread