Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

highly illegal kissing in this webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/ldohez.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

This Maison Ikkoku OP only plays once, what the heck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_572d1XA4

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

what the, that's the best one

Yeah. It's hosed up!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Very well

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

The sports hole is a deeper hell, Srice.

With so many training arcs that when I emerge I'll be powerful.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I do it all the time. I have perfected gallows humor.

You've made a terrible mistake

The auditions for Suicide Squad 2 are in the next room down.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've started up on Treasure Island to keep things fresh while I blaze through Maison Ikkoku and if I didn't know in advance I'd easily be able to tell that this is a Dezaki anime. Definitely has his style all over it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also, since I haven't mentioned it in here, I'm planning on starting up another simul thread for movies. Gonna write up the thread this weekend and it'll start up next weekend.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I hope Zelda and all the story can go away so I can focus on perfecting my shield surf technique

This

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

cute

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805705

It has been a long time coming, but it's finally back.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't found much I'd wanna watch in these past few seasons and most of the stuff I did watch burned me out, but at least I can use all that new freetime to watch 42069 episodes of old, long anime

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Maison Ikkoku is still going strong for me, and I'm glad of it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm bad at placing stuff to certain seasons but I have tried some stuff that got talked up in the best of 2016 thread.

Whenever I feel like watching newer stuff I plan on giving Rakugo a shot but until then I'm content with the old shows I've been watching. I've been enjoying anime more that way!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Cool! Whatever people like to watch :shobon:
And we always know who to ask for classic show recommendations~

If I may make one suggestion, Sweetness and Lightning is ... very good, if you haven't tried it already.

I checked it out, one of those instances where I liked what I watched but not enough to watch the whole thing.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think he'll live thru a 6 hour probation.

This.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

It's a matter of principles, since who knows when (if) Matoi decides to start handing out harsher probes/banning people for innocuous posting.

So do it when it comes to that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Is it really a herculean effort to just link something and tag it nws if you can't figure out if it's nws on your own

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I, for one, would appreciate it.

I think the fact that it's that hard to figure out if something not explicitly nws will be considered nws or not is a problem. And then if things that aren't nws are hidden regularly behind a nws tag, what do we do with stuff that IS explicitly nws? Double tag it?

If you have to ponder if something is worksafe or not, why not just err on the side of caution and manually link it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Even if it's some rando I don't know.

Do I care if he specifically gets banned? Naw. But it's the precedent it sets that's irksome.

It's easily avoided by just manually linking any pictures that could be seen as nws aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAA

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The problem is when that's a moving variable, man. Are swimsuits nws?

This is some stupid GBS level pedantry, man.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As for the pedantry comment, these are supposed to be rules. Rules should be clear and concise so everyone can see, understand, and contribute.

There are rules that are absolutely subjective (like the sitewide rule that you can break most rules if you're funny enough). But it doesn't even matter since this is regarding something with a real easy workaround! What do you lose by manually linking something that might be nws?

Like, there's not gonna be a scientific breakdown every time someone crosses the line. Just gotta accept it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

im gearing up to have some of that

Can't resist how cute it is right

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Is that a zone designated for chat about Christmas Cakes, or a zone exclusively for use by Christmas Cakes?

For baking

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I need to decide when I should finally start up noted techbro book Gravity's Rainbow

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

its about both

Yah, they always keep a balance that differs per series but generally the mech side does get lip service

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Then again Macross is typically good too so maybe that's just another trend they were bucking :grin:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

good:

bad:

The good show and bad show have been, correctly identified.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

i can't believe im a loving techbro

I'm afraid that noted social recluse Thomas Pynchon, who has put topics like Hideo Kojima and DBZ in his books, has been labelled as....a bro.

We're all bros now.

Xinder posted:

i don't know anything about macross but i'm butting in on this conversation to say that she looks good and fun.

She ain't.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

make me good at nuclear throne, gorf

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanna be good at Nuclear Throne, and I want the Gungeon update to be out

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm feeling positive about modern anime again

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In 2017 we're getting two Yuasa movies and a Koike movie. Anime is good again.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Again :twisted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I just like when people talk about macross, instead of gundam. u can even talk about macross 2: lovers again, if you wanna, I know I do

I like talking about all things Macross except delta. 2 might have had some half-baked ideas but even though it recycled some things (and lol at how fast they introduce and kill off the drunk mentor figure) the MC being a photographer who just wants everyone to know the truth was a refreshing type of protagonist to have. Following up a show that had a lot of aspects of military life with a protagonist who's a complete outsider to military affairs was a good choice and I just wish it was handled better. That said I do think I'd appreciate it a little more on a rewatch. I had been planning on rewatching all the Macross things I liked over the winter and that just didn't pan out, but still wanna do that sometime.

Hell I'll even say a few positive things about Zero: despite the dated CG, the Itano choreography still holds up and it's a shame that was the last time he worked on the series, his touch was so vital in shaping the series that I wish he could have been around for Frontier, even if just for an episode or two. Also I like the story alright enough until it becomes whatever the heck happened in the final episode.

A lot of why Delta bummed me out so much is that I just found what I watched to be so overwhelmingly obnoxious that I can't even come up with a good thing to say about it. I went into it with an open mind, gave it more of a chance than I normally would, and absolutely hated the whole experience!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AIDS

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

yw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GenericMartini posted:

i don't really have a favorite anime robot, i only recently got back into anime. What are some good anime robots?

You're gonna be hammered with a billion recommendations of varying quality so my advice is to name some other shows you like to make it easier for the folks recommending stuff to get an idea of your taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Granpoo :grin:

• Locked thread