Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the good news about neptunia is that re;birth1 is the worst one that isn't literal garbage and everything from there is actually way way better, so if you like it you'll really love vii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
once you're done with symphogear, remember to experience the writer's earlier, best work

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 1, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

What is that literary masterpiece called?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0

it's kind of badly translated but wild arms 1 is short and decent, though it suffers from a party dynamic that's sort of muted by having a silent lead character. wild arms 2 is amazing but, its translation is among the worst for any ps1 game ever

i would actually seriously recommend giving the games a look though, especially wild arms 3, which has a solid translation and is a story about a girl who decides to become a badass desert wanderer and ends up forming a band of rowdy cowboys with shotguns, sniper rifles and smgs and also the power of magic and summoning ancient spirits who fight bad guys. you can get it on psn if you have a ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2C67soK38

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they also have insanely good soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R-0eE8Fm30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uR39jNeGE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the Symphogear writer did Wild Arms. I might give 3 a look at some point!

I think I only ever played a bit of 4 waaaaaay back in the day. I think it was 4, anyway - it was the one everyone seems to dislike and also seems to revolve entirely around pitting Good Children vs Evil Adults.

i've seen people make huge posts about how wild arms 4 is about how adults are evil but i've also heard that its message is about learning not to follow the examples of bad adults and grow up to be a good person while treasuring life, and the actual problem is that it's a boring game with one mistranslated line at the end that gives people a weirder impression about its story

i can't speak to it having not played it myself but the latter makes more sense as an explanation, considering the writer guy doesn't exactly like writing about how people are innately awful

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hyouka's not my favorite kyoani but heck, even i gotta admit it's really good

also yeah, the romance isn't a super heavy part but it is a very constant, subtle part of the story that develops very naturally

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
making ghost in the shell into another story about how technology is dangerous sounds like the most boring thing ever on top of that insanely dumb plot point that does basically nothing but pour salt on casting decisions that would otherwise be maybe kind of annoying but not as downright insulting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've been reading fate/stay night and it's actually really good after the initial hump of them taking a huge chunk of fate to explain everything

i didn't know what to expect going into fate and i'd only known about some stuff in fate/zero and some ubw spoilers so i was pleasantly surprised when despite a whole lot of hosed up stuff happening, unlimited blade works is actually a really optimistic story and even the true end goes off on a note of "yeah, shirou and rin are gonna be ok"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tfw you get up in the morning and act japanese/anime as gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
space patrol luluco is the only consistently good show trigger has made that isn't inferno cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xinder posted:

Oh did it end badly? I dropped it when I heard it was licensed and decided to wait for the official releases to catch up because I was enjoying it that much.

That's a drat shame.

the ending is basically absolutely nothing

• Locked thread