Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

Cutey Honey is one of the best magical girl shows ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
holy

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/815453384337551360

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's pretty rad to see a game as obscure as ar tonelico 2, on a system like the ps2 that rarely sees any really good fan translation work, get something as uncommon as a fan retranslation that fixes up all the game's big technical issues

now if only wild arms 2 could be so fortunate...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
time to greet 2017 with uh

more cutie honey i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is my first anime screencap of the new year, taken seconds after california joined 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok i'm lying it's actually this one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
He is not good at smiling.
They go out in town for a drink with a lot of colegues. She gets a little too drunk and he takes her home, having a nice talk on the way that makes him realise that he gets angry too fast. He changes his toughs about her, but during the lunch break at work he hears her taking with her frind about an arrange wedding she is attending!? But the worst thing, he is tottaly different then him: he seems very calm and worm.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
clearly the best compromise is to watch the cutie honey movie

no not the one that released in october

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mill Village posted:

I tried to watch an episode of Milky Holmes. The premise did nothing for me. I couldn't make it through the first episode.

the first episode of milky holmes is just kind of boring. it takes a bit too long to actually get into the fun comedy stuff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in general i think the early episodes of milky holmes can be a bit hit or miss anyway, when the jokes land they're pretty great but i remember the first three eps especially not being great. i remember episode 4 and 5 being the real high points, guess i'll watch another ep tonight

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i accidentally switched to spanish subs burbo translate this for me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

everythingWasBees posted:

I'm missing 16 and 17 apparently.
Were either of those two a good release, or are they comparable to an older vintage?

we don't talk about chat thread 17

but anyway it was pretty much all pavlov and his weirdo friend who once posted lolicon making GBS threads up everything and also there was a guy obsessed with goblins

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
chat thread 17 was my first and will be my only time as the op of a chat thread

but i'm glad you approve of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

everythingWasBees posted:

wait isn't the goblin guy the lolicon guy

yeah i guess drinkfist and firstkind were literally the same person after all

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
apparently i'm almost at an episode of cutie honey that kills off honey's girlfriend. piss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

If you don't watch it it never happens.

it's fine, i'll always be able to watch re: cutie honey, the alternate take on the story that is entirely about cutie honey hooking up with her girlfriend and also her girlfriend is a badass cop and the ending is that they keep fighting crime together

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
honestly what's more hosed up is that honey's girlfriend dying will be the only real plot development since the first episode, since pretty much every episode since then has been almost entirely self-contained

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://a.pomf.cat/pzmxof.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
so, uh, holy poo poo. i knew natsuko was gonna die in this ep of cutie honey but i did not expect her to literally loving get charred to death. it's kind of lame, that the episode where she's given the most screen time she's had in the entire series, is the episode where she dies horribly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

My classmates are mostly 25-40 year old moms who have never played video games or think mobile games "are enough", so that'll be fun

sounds like a badass presentation

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Go Nagai did that series, right? Sounds like his sort of deal.

i mean, she's actually given way way more time in the manga

it's just that, most of that time is spent on go nagai's fetishes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i'm gonna take a break from watching the 1973 cutie honey. i might actually just drop it in favor of watching lupin or something and skip to shin, it's not a bad show but i'm getting kind of tired of how repetitive it gets and it's not like there's really an ending

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

these are the same character

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://a.pomf.cat/lstsyt.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

She seems good

She has extremely long and gangly limbs, but she seems good

that's just imaishi doing his best imaishi, in an era where people knew him for things better than kill la kill

anyway she's badass

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

i bingeread berserk and plutonis was right to call me a retard for not liking it

i read the first chapter back when i was installing windows 10 on my pc and it was cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i liked re:cutie honey even more on a rewatch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i went for a bit longer after the clothing chain ads and

an entire episode of machi crying because somebody forced her to sell food samples at a super market alone for five hours

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's one scene where natsu actually feels bad about making machi cry so he works all night to make her feel better and then the next morning they portray machi like a super selfish jerk who doesn't care that natsu worked himself dead tired to make her happy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Eeeeyugh. And this is all played for comedy?

there's also a scene where they show how the village disciplines children by locking them in a cave with a bear

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope someone actually translates the interview with the director of flip flappers into english, because

quote:

Oshiyama: I think that this work is addicted deeply to a harasser, but for those who are not, I think that it is a work that can be caught as "I do not really understand".

i am not reading this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand probing him for it in a vacuum i guess but it's funny in comparison to other stuff he's posted and not gotten slapped for

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RME posted:

im gay
in 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
http://i.imgur.com/xVdRTgt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU