Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

Iso praises the Flip Flappers ED, and then: “Projects like Flip Flappers just aren’t the right venue when it comes to making use of Oshiyama’s talents. Obviously the fault lies with the producer(s), too; how could they see that ED then have him make some random moe anime from it?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

he's right

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

maybe he just thought the ED was way better than anything in the series, and well,

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's a little weird - I can't really think of many creative choices Flip Flappers made that seem like they're concerned with mass-market appeal, and I don't know what other sorts of things meddling executives would be inclined to demand from a show.

executives and producers make demands or suggestions on creative teams that may not be apparent from the final product, it's not that unusual

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think it was mentioned in that other interview that the magical girl transformations were something the producers asked for, as an example. It was originally going to be less action-focused.

After the first episode I thought it would be a magical girl show without overt magical girl transformations and I was disappointed when that wasn't the case

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

the magical girl transformations take up maybe two minutes across the entire series, theyre very short and aren't even used in every episode. i dont see the big deal.

It's just something different to not have them?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they basically turn super saiyan before that which is also cool

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I like long rear end transformation sequences because I'm a sick, twisted individual

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

they were the best tim eactualy

it was the best of times for character designs, it was the worst of times for character designs

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail posted:

what, no kite? no mezzo forte? not even an urotsukidoji??

those are for the after hours simulwatch

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i can't believe the guy who has an elaborate DnD podcast and regularly made up stories with Vinny would like fanfiction

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why does Zero have boobs

why not

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

I have here in my hand a list of 69 that were made known to the Moderator as being hentai sex perverts, sadbrains, byob rejects, etc. and who nevertheless are still posting in ADTRW.

nice

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm not joking. Once my application for modhood goes through I'm sending you all to the next life.

finally a mod that promises death

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

wait a minute...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Cowwan posted:

It's a bit much for binge watching, but it's not too bad if you watch it kinda spread out. I think I slowly watched it over the course of like 2 years.

but then how will you keep up with its elaborate non-chronological storytelling?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Macross is definitely an IP well known for being primarily about mechs and not the love lives of its protagonists.

its about both

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Srice posted:

The good show and bad show have been, correctly identified.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5W9eHDxBDc

trailer for the other yuasa movie

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

make me good at nuclear throne, gorf

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

anime has been good since at least last season actually

yuasa's doing a third thing this year and it's with the director of my favorite show of 2016

its gonna be perverted as hell

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if you say semen it's just gonna increase the search results!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Cowwan posted:

So, if I say semen whenever someone searches for the word semen my post where I said semen will show up?
I'll try not to say semen.

this is less subtle than my joke, about semen

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

a kitten posted:

I want to watch this.
:siren: Warning: girls kissing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpZLtt4Ctg

it has a lot more than girls kissing

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

rear end posted:

Please don't recommend K-On to any normal human being ever. A perfect alternative would be Nichijou.

you should watch k-on

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

buh

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

have we entered the "actually, miyazaki sucks" phase

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Knorth posted:

The 3rd Little Witch Academia episode was a lot of fun, the cast is so delightful. I know it makes total sense but I'm still a little disappointed that they had to start with Akko being introduced to the magic school rather than like the OVA. It's led to some pretty cute scenes but it still feels like those first few awkward intro episodes in some sports shows where the useless main character gets led by the nose through basic concepts that everyone else is totally comfortable with

otoh it let them put akko in a cannon

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's impossible to go into anything blind, own it suckas

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

El Burbo posted:

What if I gouge my eyes

its too late you've seen too much

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Darox posted:

Not true, I went into Tsukihime totally blind. I picked up a file called 'Tsukihime [ENG].zip' without knowing anything about it or type moon. I would have had a very different reaction (and maybe have not even picked it up) if I had known anything prior.

It's super rare but when you do actually blindly find something good it's a pretty neat experience.

presumably you knew you were watching something, probably an anime, and you knew the title. that's not blind

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its a pedantic argument but i really don't think there's anyway possible to go into something blind and its good to acknowledge subjective conditions, even if just to yourself

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AnoHito posted:

What about that time I got kidnapped and knocked unconscious, and then when I woke up strapped to a chair they immediately started playing an anime I had had no prior knowledge of?

were you raised by wolves prior to this

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

male idols are evil, they threw me and my buds into a pit of fire and some angels had to help me outta there

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

shes dead to me

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I must have missed that chapter in the mod handbook. Also, there's more people in the community than just the people who are mad that they can't spam up the tomo thread anymore.

look at this loser, hasn't even read the manual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hi gorf

• Locked thread