Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Powershift posted:

Woke up at 3am with my body trying to cough out a lung.

gently caress 2017, i'm skipping it. Wake me up in a year.

I've been sick since Tuesday and it's pretty awful. Doesn't seem bad enough to be the flu but I've never had a cold last this long either. gently caress 20161227 to ?.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Sours are very much an acquired taste but if you can acquire it they are can be amazing. I've had a few excellent ones but it's usually at a beer tasting and I often don't take good enough notes during those. I remember one was by Ommegang but I think it was a special limited release unfortunately.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

E: I also miss RadioCrap, there's not a single store in this sorry excuse for a city that sells discrete components and I hate having to do 25-50pc minimum buys from digikey and the like.

Maybe this was just because of when I started getting into electronics but my radioshack only had like two 2x2x4' component cabinet things so the selection of each type of component was pretty miserable. If I needed (wanted) a part right loving now I would go there but they probably wouldn't have it or if they did it was ridiculously expensive. I think I bought a 5 pack of resistors from them once and then bought a 1200 piece variety pack off amazon later that day for only slightly more so I would never have to buy a resistor from radioshack again.

It's too bad they died just before the whole 'maker' resurgence but I can just get everything from Amazon in 1-2 days so oh well.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Let's be honest things are going to be a lot better for all rich white males but it will suck to be anything else

ftfy

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I was planning on extra mortgage payments but it ended up not making sense for my situation. With a $100k 15 year loan at 2.875% I might as well spend that extra money on pretty much anything else.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, a new sports car is roughly 50% of what I'd pay for a 2 bedroom house here, these days.

A new Mustang GT Premium with the toys I would want would be ~42k. If I put 10k down and financed the rest for 4 years I would be paying about the $16 less per month than my 15 year home mortgage. A 3 year loan (which is the longest I would ever do for a car) would be nearly $200 more a month than my mortgage. gently caress that.

While looking that up I noticed that Ford is offering 7 year auto loans. :lol:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

scrubs season six posted:

7 year loans have been a thing forever. At least since when I worked in car sales (mid to late 90s).

I didn't know that was a thing. The longest loan I've seen on their payment calculator before was 6 and I remember that being a surprise. I guess I'm used to my credit union that doesn't want its members to make terrible financial decisions and keeps loan terms more reasonable.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

That fried crust dripping with grease on a Pizza Hut pan pizza is a guilty pleasure of mine. I only have one a couple times a year and the rest of the pizza is pretty bleh but that crust is magical. Firehouse Pizza is my least favorite chain pizza. It's pretty standard chain pizza but with candy sweet :barf:

For actual good pizza I either make it myself or go to a really excellent local place with a proper wood fired brick oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Can someone run down real quick if the 55" Vizio is better than the 55" Samsung?: http://arstechnica.com/staff/2017/01/dealmaster-dont-miss-out-before-the-big-game-here-are-a-bunch-of-4k-tv-deals/
I'm pretty familiar with Samsung's SmartTV UI, but don't know if Vizio offers better value at that price.
Is that even a good price for 4k and HDR?

I don't know if this has changed in the last year but Samsung used to stick whatever panel they could get into their TVs and use the same model number. The panels ranged from really good Samsung and LG units to some junk Chinese specials. Only way to make sure you got a good one was to check the codes on the label against a decoder/list online. I will never buy a Samsung TV online for that reason. Actually I'll probably never buy anything Samsung anymore

• Locked thread