Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Happy new year from Japan, thread! Here's to another year of ill-advised automotive japes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

I didn't really like the MCM/RK videos, but mostly cause I guess I don't like MCM?

I think their older videos were a lot more relatable, back when they were doing real back yard stuff and painting with rattle cans. Nowadays its more "here's our car, here's our free high-end ECU with free dyno tuning, here's our free performance tires, here's our full custom exhaust system and now here's Marty doing a full pro paint job" every time.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I like this picture a lot, it almost looks like the Mini has a panicked expression on its face as its being chased by a predator.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

just booked tickets to japan, going to spend two weeks at ebisu shredding tires and body panels. anyone been before?

Never been to Ebisu, I've spent most of my 10 years out here further north or further south but I've hardly ever been anywhere in the middle.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

would ai be interested in a dodgy aussie guide on going to drift heaven aka this place?

from the responses looks like plenty of people have been to japan but not ebisu

Beginners motorcycle practice course "Hizasuri Land" Or literally knee rubbing land. :black101:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

What's everybody's favorite thing they're in the middle of right now?

e: this isnt a joke or whatever I'm curious

I'm playing the Witcher 3 on PC, which is straight up dead good. Wasn't sure if I'd get into it but I bought it on recommendation and I'm already 35 hours in. Televisually I've mostly been watching British comedy quiz shows.

Ferremit posted:

I'd like to know how Moffat can write such horrific storylines for Dr Who, yet turn around and smash it out of the park while simultaneously mind loving you with "Sherlock"
I think it helps that he and Gatiss are mostly just adapting the classic stories. The end of the special last year was more pure Moffat and Gatiss and it was garbage from what I remember.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 24, 2017

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

lern2suspension settings n00b

One thing I rather liked about Gran Turismo is the Japanese special editions of 4, 5, and 6 came with a guidebook that had a lot of stuff about the cars, the game and racing in general, but also had entry level guides to driving theory and customization, including suspension setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It seems I'll be getting my new old car about a week earlier than I expected. :dance: The dealer apparently knew a neat little paper trick to speed up things up. I'd elaborate but it's just a bunch of boring (and ever so slightly shady) Japanese bureaucracy. On the downside it means I'll have to re-register it again once it's arrived here but it won't be my first trip to the registration office so it shouldn't be too bad. The only question left is do I want to spend the extra $40 bucks to get custom plates? Bear in mind in Japan that's just 4 numbers, boring.

• Locked thread