Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I'm having the most embarrassing time at a sushi place with my best friend. :bravo2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I don't know how to have my best friend not murder me. His girlfriend broke up with him because she found out that he's friends with me, at first because he's not allowed to talk to any other women for any reason and then later because she found out that I'm trans and will therefore condemn him to hell... I made the mistake of telling him good riddance, because holy gently caress of course, but he's not ready to see it yet.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

She sounds like a right catch and if he can't see she's blatantly a complete arsehole then he can get hosed too.

I expect he'll come round though. I'm hoping he'll come round.

Nah, he got her to stay with him by agreeing to not let me and his other best friend become roommates so I'm stuck living with my abusive, mentally ill mom indefinitely because even taking out as much in student loans as I'm allowed to I can't get enough to afford rent here, even with one roommate. Good.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

:wtf: She goes so far as to say who his friends can/can't live with?

Hopefully someday he'll realize how toxic that bitch is. :smith:

Also, his other best friend is going to end up at least temporarily homeless because of him. Good thing he's the only person I even know in real life.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Are we friends on FB? I swear this sounds very familiar.

I'm also really sorry about what you're going through, I dunno if my current ordeal is making me more sympathetic for others but I got pretty angry at that woman which is odd considering I don't even know that much about the situation.

We are, drat it. You've transferred your Friend Energy to me or some poo poo.

I've never met her but nothing he's said about her gives me any impression of her other than that she's taking advantage of my friend's insecurities to just completely control his life. She's not going to be able to move back from Bolivia for a few years, for added bonus spinelessness points. I guess having her scream at him and aggravate the poo poo out of his horrible depression to the point where just in the time I've known him he's been suicidal at least twice because of her, once to the point of voluntarily checking himself in to a facility because of how hosed up he was for years while just waiting for her to come back is more important than everyone else.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Darchangel posted:

That's kind of my take on it, too. The best part is that ideally, by law, the job has to have been offered to Americans, and only filled by a visiting worker (H1-B visa) if unable to fill from local talent. You can NOT tell me they can't find a single Windows desktop guy (or gal) in Dallas. Or network guy, or server guy. None of these are highly specialized IT jobs. No one is enforcing the rules, and its killing the industry. Soon, they actually won't be able to find local tech guys, because who's going to go into the field knowing they won't give the job to a citizen?

This might actually be the one good thing that could potentially come out of a Trump presidency and the xenophobia that comes with it. It just depends on how completely that's been given up in favor of corporate plutocracy.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The trans thread is one of the worst threads on the entire forum, it scares the poo poo out of me and I will never post in it. They still don't deserve to be doxxed, of course, but JESUS.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

They didn't say "not stupid".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

hires mkv is basically the same as the real thing hth

• Locked thread