Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, I have a feeling that a lot of bad stuff is coming down the pipe within the next few months. So, I think that I need to get the jump on this one a few days early this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh.

Oh no.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm 30 but I got strep throat 2 weeks back. Swabs and everything.

gently caress 2016.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Vitamin C is grade-A bullshit, and you know better. But I agree on the handwashing.

I used to get strep, actual strep, 2x a year as a kid. Swabs, cultures, etc. But, thankfully, the last 4-5 years or so I've been strep-free. But, I woke up a few weeks ago, feeling fine the night previous, with a white throat and the worst pain. I didn't have even enough money for the co-pay on the insurance, so I quarantined myself until payday, and then went to an urgent care and got a swab done. Yep, strep, but by then it was receding.

What a blast from the past.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

:(

Well, Congress just gutted the Congressional Ethics Board.

The next few years are gonna suck, hard.

What the gently caress, America?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slurry_curry posted:

I guess. Just talked to them again and apparently the damage that happened to the front and rear bumper(screwed up clear bra on the front and scuffed up/dented rear bumper) happened since they have had it and won't change the price at all. They will fix the damaged clear bra, but I would have to pay for it, or else they would just remove the damaged parts but not everything. Apparently they also use body filler on bumpers to fix the waviness from impact and "all dealerships do this". Am I the crazy one for thinking that you NEVER use body filer on bumpers since with a slight tap it will fall off?

I guess I got lucky when I bought my TDI(heh) since that process was completely painless.

Yea, I figured they are trying to pressure me into financing through them since they will get a cut of it.

I get the credit card fee side of things, and if they wold address it from that side I would be fine instead of just saying nope. If they would offer me a discount for not using a credit card that would be fine and I would jump on it. I only want to use my CC for the miles.

Fly you fool.

E: forgot to refresh

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 5, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sounds like a harness connector.

Time to deoxit/lectramotive everything.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

funny Star Wars parody posted:

To be fair aren't you in the military and as such know how to handle high stress situations?

Not without getting buttfucked first.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay so turns out that [Adult Swim]'s "Robot Unicorn Attack" game is actually less weird than the song they used for it. BEHOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc&t=60s

:stare:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
WHAT THE JESUS CHRIST

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:catstare:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My pay was locked at 9.60/hr since 2006, now it's locked at 10.75/hr until SEP 2017.

Thanks, Arizona!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I wish, but nah. Last week was a bunch of nothing, and a trip to LA to take someone to medical rehab there (she rolled her car in that Thanksgiving wreck on the 10 south).

Buddy was in that Scottsdale PMT truck that took the officer that was shot in that Walmart, though.

Tonight we just took an inmate down to Florence prison, along with the requisite broken hips and 16 year old heroin psych patients.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wait, dont you work in EMT?

That is outright loving criminal you get paid that lovely amount.

No but you see you work 48 hours a week minimum so it's all worth it bluuurrrrggggghhhhhhh no you don't need a union what are you talking about fffaaaarrrrrtttt

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
EMT B. Gonna work on nursing I think. ASN pay is around 60k, BSN 71k. Allegedly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

But you see we can't raise wages because burger flippers and my dollar menu... :words:

I hear this from OTHER EMTS AND MEDICS

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Glaziers son?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

If full synthetic "makes" your engine leak, your seal(s) were already bad, but it was a matter of time before whatever crud was blocking the leak could either reinforced by more sludge or break loose.

Air-cooled lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Peace, Jan chat thread.

• Locked thread