Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Sooooo, who knows about climbing or cargo netting? I have a terrible idea for the big, open space between our loft and bay windows at our family beach house that involves suspending a large 10'x8' net for laying on looking out the windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's happening!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-to-stanley-black-decker-1483623215

I just lost a bet, I figured they would sell the brand off for less.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Cage posted:

I deactivated my facebook account a few weeks ago. Can still use messenger, which I still do and is nice. Feels good man.

My fb app was on the 2nd home screen on my phone and for days afterward I would constantly try to open it. Just wasted so much time checking my feed and then feeling bad about myself because anyone only ever posts good things.

I envy you. I manage several small companies SM presence and it takes up way to much of my life. I'm trying to move away from it, except for a scheduled time once a day to deal with trolls/updates/ect. Otherwise it straight up became too depressing, wasting time watching other people do stuff when I should be work on my own awesome projects. Short version: gently caress Facebook.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Biodome posted:

In non political chat, I may be moving back to Seattle for work. My girlfriend and I each have a car and have decided we won't need both if we settle down in Seattle so we're selling mine and keeping hers since she has a one that can carry more poo poo. I've never sold a car before so I don't know how it works. Do I toss it on Craigslist? Call one of those WE BUY CARS numbers on the side of the road? I'm thinking I just search for the average selling price of my car and toss it up and just take what I think is fair?

Can I sell it to a dealership and have them cut me a check? I assume this will be the least hassle but give me the lowest value.

More info? (Age/Model/Mileage). There's local goons that can help you judge the market. Carmax is hit or miss on valuation.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I gave up on motorcycle batteries and went to Oddessey's. Smaller, lighter, gel cell. If they are used regularly, they hold up just fine. Some day I'll find a LiFo that works, but until then I'm happy with these.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
i just split the sidewall of my BMW's front tire on my lift. I'm both pissed and yet laughing because I just can't believe it happened. $600 later and I'll have a new set. Ugh.

Question of the day is, do I toss a set of Blizzak WS80's on for $450 and wait until spring to find some other wheels/summer tires... choices...

the spyder fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 16, 2017

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Aaaaaand I broke the wiper linkage on my truck this morning. Forecast is freezing rain and more rain. God drat it.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Random question of the day: What keeps you motivated?

I have my own issues going on, but I realized a while ago I have no goals. I wake up each day wondering why I keep going when there's no point. Yet somehow at the 10% of normal I'm working at, I'm still more productive then my friends. It's just so crippling. I'm not trying to jump on the millennial "I need to do something meaningful bandwagon", but gently caress it sure feels better when I feel like I have a purpose. Right now, I'm just standing in a dimly lit field, wondering why am I here?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Both, I'm stuck in both places. I set little goals all the time just to get through the week. But there's nothing I'm working towards at the moment. I have a decent skill set and most likely won't be without good employment, and I can afford my lifestyle/hobbies. I just feel, empty. I know this is a first world problem, but it's just getting worse. I've just retreated back to being a quiet, hobbit again and It's getting me no where. I've been pondering the idea of buying a piece of property and building a cabin as a project/goal/timesink just to keep myself busy.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

Is there a polite way to respond to Craigslisters who are only smart enough to ask "how low will you go"

Destroy the item you're selling and send them a picture. I almost did that tonight.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Can I just catch a small break and chill the gently caress out? Found out a few months ago my wife was indeed pregnant. Last month we found out her blood sugar was way out of whack. We corrected some dietary issues and things were looking good. Thursday, she went in for a checkup and was immediately sent to a larger regional hospital. She's 33 weeks in and they baby is ready to come out. So for the last two days, she's been pumped full of steroids and not much has changed. We'll know more tomorrow, but I've got the worst feeling she won't be coming home for some time.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for all the well-wishes. We finally got word today they will send her home Monday if nothing changes over the weekend. We started to ask questions and out of the three physicians cycling through the ward, not one was able to tell us exactly why she was still there or any estimate of how much longer it would be. (I understand this isn't an easy thing to judge, but after 7 days laying in the same bed being told she can't leave the room it was getting incredibly stressful for her). The overall concern seemed to be "Well, just in case something happens". Our other option was to spend $50/night + meals on guest housing and insurance would not cover it. They did start her on a exercise routine around the hospital to see if the movement causes any progression, so who knows. She might be delivering this weekend or in 45 days. Now accepting bets. Winner gets booze.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Good news: My wife got released from the hospital today in good health with normal progress.
Bad news: She picked our son up from school as a surprise, her dad was already there to pick him up and our son convinced him to go to the book fair. She caught him trying to spend $100 bill... We can only figure he got it from the shop, because like most idiots I keep money in my tool box. So, outside of moving the money, what fun punishment/life lesson should I subject him to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

Yay on the wife, how old is your son?

9, and this is the first issue we've had. Well, outside of him YouTub'ing "Naked Woman". That was a fun one.

• Locked thread