Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Erasure videos were on occasion a bit odd.

A young Jason Statham stars in this one as part of an awful cgi sculpture thing;

https://youtu.be/AvhgG9ee9Aw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

80s/90s, gay, pop music.

*edit: just found out Statham was in this too... :allears:

https://youtu.be/uWu3JqLMImY

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 5, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I'll have you know that the current mineral oil loss via leaking seals and gaskets in all my classic vehicles is carefully calibrated and controlled.

Oh god this is my future isn't it? I carry a 1l around with me at all times and top up the engine as and when. I think I've worked out the exact mileage number per litre... And this is why I shall be engine swapping the car this year hopefully.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I keep looking at engine swaps for my car. I want a 1uz or a straight 6 replacement for what's in there so 1jz or 2jz. I should probably fix up the suspension and sort it out with some coilovers before considering this but it's fun to dream :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Them shits are expensive! Impressive as gently caress though. I can buy a Lexus GS300 for like £800, drive it around for a while and then whip out the 2JZ so I can actually have a reliable i6 under the bonnet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You Am I posted:

You know there are Australian Ford Fairlane hearses in the UK running the Falcon straight six. You can have a bit of Aussie under your bonnet. Just sayin'

The fact you've mentioned hearses just reminds me I want to make a horror themed diner with a hearse as the taxi. Heart Attack Grill but cheesy horror themed and with goth waitresses :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

GG, 10pm and it's 39.8C

It was a single degree C this morning when I cycled to work in the snow. By the time I'd gotten here there was a nice snowdrift on my crotch.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wrar posted:

My wife got me a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-990s for my Birthday and I have to say, the sound stage on these things is loving awesome. I'm using them at work because I need to be able to hear the techs on the floor around me.

I have a pair of DT-770s at home and I used https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ to make them a bit more neutral.

Is anyone else a bit of a mid-range headphone slut?

I use 250s at work and have 770s for myself. I genuinely don't see the point in spending any more money on headphones than what I have done. 250s, 770s and 990s are all very similar prices in the UK and I like the 990s but I'd be using them in less than ideal scenarios so went with the 770s simply because they're closed and fit my ears better than the 250s...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Something about British people, it's like their eyes light up when they read the word "Hershey's" and they immediately rush to post something about the only food in existence where a British version could possibly be considered superior.

It's more that we're amazed you lot will go out and buy vomit chocolate

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

The best chocolates I've ever had are actually from a little shop in Birmingham owned and run by a French guy.

I'm there tomorrow, tell me where it is plz

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Chouchoute in the north end of the Great Western Arcade, it's near the cathedral. The arcade also has a decent whisky shop and the tobacconists there does a good range of cigars.

Cheers, I'll check that out.

Raluek posted:

Have you heard their essential mix from a few holy poo poo five years ago? I remember really liking it, although I don't always agree with my five-years-ago musical tastes.

I still listen to A State Of Trance 294 because IMO it's the best one of the lot. I lost interest about 330 and never returned but there's nearly 800 now?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sinestro posted:

I don't know how to have my best friend not murder me. His girlfriend broke up with him because she found out that he's friends with me, at first because he's not allowed to talk to any other women for any reason and then later because she found out that I'm trans and will therefore condemn him to hell... I made the mistake of telling him good riddance, because holy gently caress of course, but he's not ready to see it yet.

She sounds like a right catch and if he can't see she's blatantly a complete arsehole then he can get hosed too.

I expect he'll come round though. I'm hoping he'll come round.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sinestro posted:

We are, drat it. You've transferred your Friend Energy to me or some poo poo.

I've never met her but nothing he's said about her gives me any impression of her other than that she's taking advantage of my friend's insecurities to just completely control his life. She's not going to be able to move back from Bolivia for a few years, for added bonus spinelessness points. I guess having her scream at him and aggravate the poo poo out of his horrible depression to the point where just in the time I've known him he's been suicidal at least twice because of her, once to the point of voluntarily checking himself in to a facility because of how hosed up he was for years while just waiting for her to come back is more important than everyone else.

I'll never understand why people sacrifice their own happiness/sanity just to have a warm body to sleep next to.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

What keeps me motivated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJA6WRpvlg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Doing things you like either by yourself or with people you like is a good thing and people should do that more. If you're not doing things that make you happy you should ask yourself why.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

handjobs

Aim higher.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That imac looks like my iphone except not as bad. You can straight up see internals on my phone, you can watch the weight on the vibration motor spin when the phone rings. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SquirrelGrip posted:

would ai be interested in a dodgy aussie guide on going to drift heaven aka this place?

from the responses looks like plenty of people have been to japan but not ebisu

The answer is yes. Do the people you're going with know the place well? It genuinely looks like hoon heaven and the main course is lit at night apparently??

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

***just getting your attention...***

Y'all see this crazy oval office?

http://road.cc/content/news/215745-christoph-strasser-breaks-record-cycling-across-australia-%E2%80%93-3950km-less-seven

quote:

The previous record of seven days and eight hours was set by fellow Austrian Gerhard Gulewicz in 2007. Strasser managed to improve on that partly by sleeping for only 5h45m in total. He took his first break after 36 hours of riding and after that took just four more 45-minute rest stops.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Everything about that ride is insane, distance, time to do it, conditions...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CharlesM posted:

I want a 1985 Celica GT-S hatch.

You mean a Celica Supra/XX...

http://80shero.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/super-supra.html

Love 'em. There's also speculation that in the cartoon, Inspector Gadget's car was based on a P-type one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Gonna be honest, removing the pop ups makes that thing look worse for me but I appreciate how much fun that probably is to hoon around...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kastein posted:

if you don't like pine&swine pizza you are wrong.

The best is still double all meats available, double all cheeses available, bbq sauce, black olives, and green peppers though. My former coworkers at my last job were absolutely certain I was high as a kite the first time I ordered that.

bbq sauce? sounds like someone without access to reggae reggae sauce to me... :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kastein posted:

Never heard of it, but I'll try almost anything once.

It's Jamaican jerk sauce basically, has got Scotch bonnet pepper in it, spicy. I use it when I make pizzas instead of regular-rear end tomato or bbq sauce. Load it with whatever meats and you're in for a taste treat.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So are we modless now?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Your mother doesn't seem to think so.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

That gag has been around since FB went public.

I'm amazed people still fall for it. Also it doesn't work on mobile if you use the facebook app for your social media pissing about.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

I feel sorry for you if you choose to have the Facebook app installed. The mobile site isn't as bad.

I'm never on it long enough for that kinda thing to matter...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Greatest purchase ever, if you like baking:

:smug:

My favorite dough is:

375ml water mixed with ~8g of dry yeast and 1/2 tbsp sugar, let sit for a couple of minutes. Mix 500g flour with 2/3rds tbsp salt. Add half of that to the water/yeast mixture and mix together gently into a lumpy paste, don't overwork it. Add a splash of olive oil. Let that mixture sit for half an hour with a cloth over it. Take the resulting yucky-looking stringy mousse and mix in the rest of the flour.

Once it's decently combined, start kneading like a madman (or turn on your fancy electric mixer) and knead the gently caress out of it. Seriously, like 15 minutes if kneading by hand. Lightly add flour as needed. The dough should end up smooth and elastic and not too sticky.

Coat the dough with olive oil, cover it and let it sit for at least an hour.

Remove cover, punch down dough, knead it, reshape into a ball, then coat with olive oil, cover and let rest again for at least 30 minutes.

Done, and it's the best pizza dough I've ever been able to make at home.

Seeing as you're doing easy mode fancy trying an experiment? When you've mixed the dough up, cover the bowl with cling film/saran wrap/that clingy plastic poo poo TIGHT and then load it into your fridge. After 24 hours, load it back into the mixer and chuck some more flour at it. Cover over again and load into your fridge. Do this a couple more times.

When you get that poo poo out, mixer and flour it one last time it won't need much and then make pizzas. It'll now be nicely flavoured as it'll have fermented in the fridge and you'll be able to get some stupid thin pizzas out of it. If you want you can now use that dough as a starter for more flavouriffic pizzas.

Also when you're cold rising it, it'll keep for about 2 weeks so pizza whenever you want for a bit of effort at the start. Filtered/spring water is a good start too and the only thing I measure (700ml because I make loads of dough), just hurl the rest in and mix.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

3 days = good poo poo, seems to top out in flavour about 5 days in as the yeast can't do any more.

The method I use is a less wordy version of this http://www.varasanos.com/pizzarecipe.htm

Turfing pizza sized balls into plastic baggies once it's all risen and fermented is easymode for the hungry

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 23, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Speaking of over night pizza dough, this is hands down my favorite recipe:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

I've made this recipe at least a dozen times at this point and it's peak pizza for me. No kneading, it flattens itself into the pan, and you can go crazy with the toppings and still end up with a kickass fried crust.

I am yet to make a pan pizza, I must rectify this. Thanks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah but I've never seen a drink with a better advert than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgpdoGKDTqM

it's fake but still... :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I recall the US uses cups as a measurement in cooking. How is that any less dumb than y'know, a weight measurement? I have a million cups in my kitchen, all varying sizes so which is a cup cup?

*edit: cup is a volume measurement? loving stupid :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meltie posted:

It's a defined size, not a drinking mug.

Even if you are just using a random container, it shouldn't matter so long as you use the same container throughout the process - it's all relative?

cakesmith handyman posted:

Sure, as long as you measure something with a neatly defined density, not something like flour.

^^ see the photos above with flour in the same size container which made me research about cup measuring. Liquids? Yeah great. Cats? also fine...

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's still utterly unwatchable dreck. The only thing Dr Who has going for it is it's a perfect hatewatch.

Dr Who is real bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Brexiters:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Well it's quite hard to say "I loving wish all vaguely brown people and Muslims would die" without sounding like you're prejudiced so I'm not surprised.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

angryrobots posted:

They worry about conservative religious persons not fitting in with their established liberal values. That's an interesting spin, I thought.

To be fair in Holland you can legally bang hookers and do a whole cornucopia of drugs mere streets away from each other.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Trying to race a Pontiac Aztek around the Nordschleife in Forza Motorsport 6, this thing is really hard to do a clean lap with. I've of course upgraded it to the max but it still handles like poo poo.

lern2suspension settings n00b

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

I don't know why but I've been playing a lot more video games as of late. I haven't done this in years.

Same. Titanfall 2 is getting a lot of love simply because the movement system is sublime. The single player mode was about 7 hours through, the perfect length and was a whole lot of fun to play, there's one mission where they introduce a particular mechanic which is just ridiculous fun. Multiplayer is great too, it never feels unfair and punching a dude in the face as a giant robot is forever satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

funny Star Wars parody posted:

i play overwatch a lot

That game is so boring, it never feels like you're doing any damage until the opponent just drops dead because you've scratched enough numbers off them.

Darchangel posted:

That's currently my go-to when I feel like playing with other folks. Which mechanic are you referring to? I enjoyed the single-player campaign. Got so much use out of the sniper rifle.
It's also fun stomping infantry into the dirt.

the level where you get the glove/bracelet that lets you slip between timelines so you can just dance around any and all danger and snap necks until you've had your fill.
Apparently the developers had a type of game jam where they came up with ideas for cool setpieces and levels and then basically made them and strung them all together with a loose kinda story. The factory level was particularly great, climbing up to the top with everything tilted sideways really messed with my head. Also EVA 8 shotgun 4 lyfe...

• Locked thread