Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hooray for 2017, probably? Maybe not?

Replaced the rear sway bar bushings, endlinks, and shocks on my sister's car yesterday. loving sway bar endlinks were so rusty I machined little circles in those nice new GRIPLOKKS I got from BulkVanderHuge for AISS, but they did the job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Lol so I had this huge zit between my shoulders I finally popped and felt something sharp I thought was dry skin or a scab so I grabbed it and tugged and it was a half inch long chunk of wire wheel hahaha

Those fuckers manage to get into everything, my torso usually looks like a porcupine after I'm done a project.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Rhyno posted:

Getting my tooth yanked!

They found a crack in the filling and two cracks in the tooth itself. I'm going to set my primary dentist on fire.

Yeah, you have to watch those retreads carefully.

Good luck with your surgery :/

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

If it's any consolation CommieGir, I find it very interesting.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

InitialDave posted:

Pretty sure we've been over this ground before, though. British food is perfectly good if you go somewhere worth going to eat it.

They have British restaurants in Vegas now?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Darchangel posted:

Are you welding stick, wire or MIG?
I don't think the auto-darkening helmets get dark enough for stick, but I could be wrong. I haven't welded stick since high school - and discovering MIG. The Harbor Freight auto-darkening helmet is adequate.

Auto darkening helmets, so long as you have a decent one, are perfectly fine for any kind of home gamer welding work. I use one for stick, MIG and TIG without issue. You can adjust the darkness factor with a little dial.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Rhyno posted:

Automated swiveling vents

We had a 1989 626 when I was a teenager. Those vents were one of the coolest features on the car, and it was a nice car for what it was, I loved it, learned to drive in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Darchangel posted:

Cool! Didn't know they went that dark. Like I said, I haven't stick welded since before there were auto-darkening helmets :old:

I think you've posted in there before, but we have a whole thread dedicated to welding, blacksmithing, and metalwork in DIY.

Everyone should feel free to come post questions or soak in that delicious vaporized metal flavour.

• Locked thread