Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

listening to abgt 213 and working a bunch

today is a good day :)

Thanks for this, I've never heard of it before.

The Locator posted:

Two words.

Air conditioning.
Stolen water and AC. It's super-wasteful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My wife got me a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-990s for my Birthday and I have to say, the sound stage on these things is loving awesome. I'm using them at work because I need to be able to hear the techs on the floor around me.

I have a pair of DT-770s at home and I used https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ to make them a bit more neutral.

Is anyone else a bit of a mid-range headphone slut?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

mariooncrack posted:

I keep thinking about picking up a pair of the 770s. What amp are you using for your 990s?

I'm really happy with both, especially after a gentle EQ. I'm not using an amp with the 990s, just plugging it into the 2014 MacBook Pro I use for work. It seems to be fine for my usage.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Modus Man posted:

Love my DT-990s! Drive them with an HTR Headstreamer. Mine are the 250ohm and the Headstreamer is almost a little too weak for them (I have to turn the volume up to near 100% for them to be loud) but they sound amazing. I love loading up some of 19bozzy92 videos on youtube in high def and drooling from the auditory pleasure. Also, not that I have any time since having kids, but the DT-990 sound stage is so accurate that playing online fps games it feels like cheating being able to tell exactly where someone is from audio clues.

I should pair then with an amp, but they're fine at the quiet volumes I use. They're the 250 ohm.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I am tired of being sick. All I've got the energy for is to walk the dogs and bullshit on the internet.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You guys know there is a hackintosh thread right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Also why are you going to the Coors factory unless it's free? Colorado is loaded with great beer.

Anyway I'm finally feeling ok after having upper respiratory crud and complete energy drain for a month. I'm getting rid of some crap from my personal garage disaster too.

Being sick sucks guys.

• Locked thread