Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Having my new snow tires mounted right now. I had previously been quoted like $60 at Les Schwab for it, and went in there, guy got all pissy that i bought my tires online and said it was going to be $160. I have a wholesale acct at tirerack, so i don't really have much reason to pay retail at a shop.

Brought them to Firestone. 59.99.

jamal fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

No you don't need to fill out poo poo. CU writes the check, you give it to them, you get car.

10k on the credit card though means they are out the fees, which are a reasonable amount in this situation, possibly over $300 to the cc company. Anything over like 3-4k I will offer a discount for sending a cashier's check or wire transfer.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Well, gently caress 2017 too I guess. Friend of mine died in an avalanche yesterday.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Quick winter driving tip: when you've been plowed in it's easier to shovel yourself a path first than it is to dig out a high centered car.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

I take it that caliper does not come with calibration documentation, right? (I can probably find some Jo blocks at work to check it against. (From one of the mechanics who doesn't immediately start speedwalking away when they see me, I mean. (They really like to stay in shape.)))

You want a tread depth gauge that measures to the 1/128th, but are worried an actual caliper won't be calibrated well enough to get that? Pretty much no tire depth gauge is going to be more accurate than a #30 amazon caliper.

Here's a suggestion:

don't worry so much about how long your tires are going to last, and replace them when they are worn out. And anyway, the shorter a tire's lifespan, the better it works.

jamal fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 20, 2017

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Uh, yeah, if you aren't using your rights then what is the point? Every person that says "oh, yeah, sure officer, feel free to search my car because I have nothing to hide" is just making it worse for everyone, because suddenly exercising your rights and saying no means you are hiding something. I have never really been in trouble, or had many interactions with the police, and I'm a middle class white guy, but I don't answer any questions I don't have to and refuse searches just out of principle. I'm not going to be a dick about it or anything, it's more like "uh, I don't think I have to let you do that and I would prefer not to..."

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I could set up a forum on horsecocks.info

Or I guess hellafunctional might be more appropriate.

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 21, 2017

• Locked thread