Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I hate Dr Mann so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

spog posted:

I got a professional system fitted, so probably not what you are after, but I will say that you should definitely spring for HD cameras

All those ones with smartphone apps look clever and useful, but check reviews on the basic DVR software as to how easy it is to search and retrieve video files. I get the impression that a lot of them are shite.

Is there DVR software that doesn't suck??? The Dahua software (SmartPSS) when I looked a few years ago was among the best rated but it's still obviously designed to run on Windows XP and poorly programmed / terrible interface.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
God Bless America

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

The missus and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy the other night and she really enjoyed it so we are eagerly awaiting the next instalment

It was a fun movie. I'm not really into the Marvel movies but I had a good time.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

GG, 10pm and it's 39.8C

Geez. I think the highest I've ever been in was about 45C. We had to shuffle animals around the shelter because our A/C units were all dying. :[

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have a pair of Sony HDR-7506s that I really like but the jack or wire is loose so it usually comes out only on one side now. It looks like it'd be really easy to fix if I had a soldering iron / knew how to solder.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

scrubs season six posted:

It kinda makes me crazy. Like:

1. I love Fords but their options pricing makes me loving murderous. Nav and climate control cost $2340 on a Shelby despite the fact that a 400 dollar ipad and 200 dollar Nest thermostat have 10x the functionality.
2. A base Raptor is a screaming loving deal at 50k but they won't exist for the next two years because every one they manufacture will have heated back seats and a heated steering wheel and a $1000 carbon fiber package and $1200 wheels so they'll MSRP at 62k+ and then get ADM'd to 72k+.
3. They want $495 for a tailgate applique
4. They want 2 grand for some vinyl stuck to the hood and bed.
5. They want 10 grand for the package that includes the limited slip front diff.

There were a lot of little things in the rental Ford Fiesta I had that reminded me of all the small things that Ford does that annoy me.
  • The rear view mirror was totally loose at 22k miles
  • The remote battery was dead, and it seems like it's been changed several times already by the claw marks on the fob
  • Because of the shape of the steering wheel, you can't hold it at 9&3, just 10&2
  • No mechanical lock levers. I'm sure the electric central locks could never fail (a very Teutonic attitude)
  • The cigarette lighter socket never turns off so you have to unplug the GPS, etc. every time. This might be OK if you could have it be optional / turn off when you open the door like the radio does
  • The PowerShift transmission, but I wouldn't buy that IRL

Also, it was out of washer fluid, the tire pressures were low & the rental agency inexplicably had a low maximum radio volume and top speed of 80mph set through Ford MyKey. Also the lady lied that I would be charged $2.89/gallon. Hope you like getting blamed for a chargeback.
Sorry this post is mostly worthless, I just had to rant a little.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Yes but in this case I want a ton of poo poo off it so part out isn't the main goal.

At the very least the shippable parts like the headlights, taillights and exhaust surrounds are in high demand and will net me a couple hundred going by current prices in the FB groups.

Does it have the tow hook cover? :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm into cars, and have owned 58. I just don't like payments or new poo poo.

Its way cooler to rebuild a junkyard heap and keep it going, than to blow my wad on some shiny new thing that some poor drunk gently caress assembled on third shift.

but generally no. Millenials do not care about cars. and tbh, I'm getting there myself. People ruined it for me. Plus bieks are awesomer.

This is probably a topic that's been beaten to death in Cycle Asylum but I'm still too afraid of being wiped out by a left turner, etc. to ride a bike. :[ I have had my Mazda 3 for 11 years since I bought brand new and still love it. So, new cars aren't all bad, in my opinion. :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

cursedshitbox posted:

I'd rather die happy on the moto, than miserable in bed or that god damned truck. i'll have to play chicken with a train for that

E: VVVV: Lol yes. Shine on you crazy fucker. :D

I'd rather not die at all which is why I bought a car with 8 airbags :P

But yeah I miss my old cars but I don't have a place to store a fleet of old Volvos, Mazdas, and Subarus. Hopefully I can change that this year.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And then we get to racing. Oh boooooy that's changed too. It's much more expensive and the safety requirements are often much higher - as an example I was rallying without a cage - and also without a helmet. Completely legal. The next rally car will start with 5 grand worth of cage because that's the minimum allowed, let alone the other mandatory equipment that drives the prices waaaay up.

It sucks but I'm actually okay with that after being at a track event where someone died due to a basal skull fracture. This was before HANS type devices were mandatory. Only thing is Lemons and other beater series aren't actually beater priced. But you can still do HPDE type events with a helmet.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I want a 1985 Celica GT-S hatch.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
They don't have to use the façade type skimmers, they actually open the pump with a commonly available key and just plug the skimmer between the card reader and the computer.

Somebody tried to charge $3,000 on me to an "Auto Salon" in Arkansas the other day :v:.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What does this have to do with AI and IOC?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I don't have a facebook account. :ohdear:

I made up one for the group.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
ugh

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
A d d e r a l l

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Three-Phase posted:

Well and the OEM tires I think have a softer, less durable rubber material.

I just want some tank treads man. You know, caterpillars.

I'll check back on this after another 2500 miles.

V- and I never took any adderall!

What tires do you have? The stock tires? I forgot if you got winter tires.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I would listen to the lawyer ITT.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I do have a lawyer connection in the immediate circle of friends so I reached out.

Help id the car in this terrible photo.
http://wane.com/2017/01/20/police-search-for-driver-of-car-who-gave-slain-woman-a-ride/

Mazda 6 hatchback

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I do have a lawyer connection in the immediate circle of friends so I reached out.

Help id the car in this terrible photo.
http://wane.com/2017/01/20/police-search-for-driver-of-car-who-gave-slain-woman-a-ride/

Maybe a 4th gen Taurus, but my instinct is still Mazda 6 hatchback with spoiler.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's probably fake. Stop giving them the attention and validation they desire.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Chicago pizza place near me closed :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Door Frame posted:

You poor soul... it needs to have a bizarre Italian name and be run by a tiny, creepily thin Italian man for me to go. The only exception I make is for Paisan's, because they have the sweetest sauces

slidebite posted:

I was in Billings this past week and had some deep dish @ Chicago Pizza and Taphouse. It was surprisingly good and the b-side 90s video mix playing in the background in the lounge was awesome. Their Thai Chicken, while not as good as Boston Pizzas Thai Chicken original of circa 2002, was still drat good and had a better crust.

9/10 would go again.

It was authentic which is nice for a place in Seattle (my dad is from Chicago so is allowed to say what is authentic... :P ) but besides that it was really good. Sad. California Pizza Kitchen used to have a good Thai Chicken that I liked, not sure if they still do. Boston's only has a few places in the U.S. so I've only ever been once in B.C. so I can't really compare.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Amy's No Cheese pizza is my jam. But why is it more expensive than cheese pizza??

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sun's coming up. Perfect time for a Sunday drive.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Time to make the February chat thread.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Adiabatic posted:

What's everybody's favorite thing they're in the middle of right now?

e: this isnt a joke or whatever I'm curious

Trying to race a Pontiac Aztek around the Nordschleife in Forza Motorsport 6, this thing is really hard to do a clean lap with. I've of course upgraded it to the max but it still handles like poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Olympic Mathlete posted:

lern2suspension settings n00b

Probably........

Adiabatic posted:

That sounds like a lot of fun hahaha

We all know its hot steaming garbage but what specifically is it doing?

It feels like the cg is really up high. The weight is flying around when you brake heavily, turn, etc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bajaha posted:

I am death. Caught some stomach bug from work and now I'm glued to the porcelain throne, pissing out of my rear end, and projectile vomiting all over the place with a splitting headache and feeling exhausted. Can't even drink water without having it come right back out. Slept maybe 2 hours last night. Of course I catch it right in time for the weekend...

And the smells, oh god the smells.

If you can't keep down water for a while you should go to the doctor / hospital so you don't get dehydrated.

fridge corn posted:

Had a meeting with a mortgage advisor today and viewed a property.

A place with a big garage? :q:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
something bad happening in Quebec :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal