Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Sounds delish. Pork that's been smoking for hours upon hours is heaven.

What are the New Years traditions people here do?

Used to always be NYE with a great group of friends (and their kids) playing games, eating, drinking, laughing. Then NYDay was at a different house (same group) for an all-day movie marathon and potluck-dinner (along with gallons of coffee for the hangovers).

Now we're out East and don't have a tradition going, which sucks. Tonight we're going to a potluck at some good new friends place, and maybe a little bonfire outside if the wind stays down. Should be fun. Wife's not feeling 100%, so we might not stay until midnight, but we'll play that by ear.

Happy New Year all of you crazy fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Ferremit posted:

Even if you dont double pay your mortgage, paying above minimum payment saves you an absolute BOMB in interest your not paying.

I think with our $350K/30 year mortgage if we manage to pay an extra $200 a fortnight off it, it saves us about $100K in interest and knock 10 years off the period of the mortgage.

$100K in your pocket is worth the extra $400 a month!

I'm 2'ish years from being able to start dumping an extra $500 a month ($250 a fortnight to match our payment schedule) onto our mortgage, and yeah, at last look it'll take 7 years off our 25 year, and save us...gently caress, I can't remember, but a lot. Thank christ I've got a good rate atm.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

fridge corn posted:

The missus and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy the other night and she really enjoyed it so we are eagerly awaiting the next instalment

So you do have good taste ;)

But in all seriousness, its an excellent movie. The wife liked it even more than I did.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I have mostly cut video games out of my life and it's helped a lot with this sort of malaise.

This x 1000. Cutting down greatly on video games has helped a ton. Also, to deal with winter blues, I made a horrible financial decision and bought a new snowmobile. 130 horsepower flying through the snow leaves a giant poo poo-eating grin on ones face. The paying for it part hurt, but goddamnit, I broke out of my rut, got a new job, am making almost 30% more than I was 6 months ago, and I've wanted a decent snowmobile for years. Its so much fun.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Well my bosses are worried about my mental state so I got put on a mental health leave today. Only time in my life I have a 4 day weekend and not want it.

Sorry man. You keep getting poo poo draws. Take a day or two to try and get yourself on the right path. I've dealt with mental health issues most of my life, and gently caress only knows how someone calling me on it would make it worse - but on the bright side, at least they noticed something. Go for a long walk/run/jog/whatever - I'm not a fitness guy, but gently caress anytime its that bad beating my body up seems to help.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

show us your teeth

Comon now, that's just mean. You know he doesn't have any.
Just like his mom.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I dont judge. now open wide.

Who said I was judging <3

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

What's everybody's favorite thing they're in the middle of right now?

e: this isnt a joke or whatever I'm curious

New job (well, few months old, but still new)
Loooots of remote admin, powershell, etc.
Is fun.

Now, quit procrastinating and go write a paper and change the world you smart-fucker hillbilly.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

lmao never not procrastinate. I've found that having multiple poo poo to do means you procrastinate on one thing by doing the other thing. If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

Dude, I live to procrastinate. But I'll get back to that later.

In all seriousness, I know that feeling. I'm master-class. My problem is, I just find new things to procrastinate, and never finish anything. Well, just not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

InitialDave posted:

"If it doesn't have wheels or an engine, it's not a sport"

Another 100km on the new snowmobile. 1049cc's of powder-thrashing fun. Goddamn fun. Went to a buddy's cabin, ripped around, drank and ate a bunch, stayed the night in a cabin heated solely by a wood stove. Goddamn sometimes life is good.

Was a nice break from how hosed the world is atm :(

• Locked thread