Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one feeling like Quack is gunning for that "No, I'M the biggest rear end in a top hat promoter!" spot here? I mean come the gently caress on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Doesn't matter, you cannot only enforce trademark/copyright punitively. Either you show you legally exert intent to protect your intellectual property or you lose to the right to claim it.

You cannot allow your intellectual property to be used freely for over a decade and then change your mind on one guy because you're mad.

This is both factually accurate but also annoyingly doesn't stop people from doing it All. The. Time. It's stupid bullshit is what it is, I don't care what "insiders" know that we don't. If Quack is doing it as some gently caress you to the guy currently known as Jervis, he might be justified in doing so on a macro level, but the way he's going about it is both bullshit and likely the only recourse that Quack has.

I'd also have a lot more sympathy/benefit of the doubt to give if there weren't tons of documented examples of Quack being like, McMahon-level petty about certain things.

• Locked thread