Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

So if it was Lost themed why aren't they trapped on an Island

They're in Philly which is arguably worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume Archie's job is as a ref or TV employee or something?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Capsaicin posted:

Was UMB actually injured or was that a 2 year work?

He used to work for AIW a lot, so if it was, it was a dedicated one. Although his band signing to Relapse Records certainly gave him something to do in between being a non-wrestler for Chikara.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Worker Ant seemed like a nice enough guy a couple years ago when he had just became Blue Ant, what happened between he and CHIKARA?

Judging by some of the stuff said by ex-Chikara talent in the past, my guess is he either wanted to work elsewhere and Quack wouldn't allow it, or he fell out of love with the business.

Dumb question: is John Silver the Silver Ant? Are any of the remaining ants prominent indy guys? I know Drew Gulak used to be one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

UMB would make an outstanding manager in the vein of Paul Heyman for huge monsters. I could easily see him being a Sinister Minister type manager for someone like Braun

I love UMB but he's far too cartoonish for WWE unless he unmasks, which I doubt he'll do.

Plus he's really into the whole ethical consumption thing, I think he'd sooner jam a fork up his rear end then go there. And they don't seem to do male managers much outside of proven guys like Heyman and Ellering.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

I don't know how accurate this is, but I was talking to someone who knows this stuff better than I do and supposedly this is the gist:

- Chikara has a game in development for forever. Jervis is going to be in the game.

- Guy playing Jervis has a falling out with Chikara over a number of things. His non-Jervis twitter rants about Chikara. He wrestles as Jervis elsewhere with no issue.

- Chikara game gets greenlit thanks to crowd-funding. Jervis is still intended to be on the roster.

- Guy playing Jervis doesn't like this because he cut ties with them. Wants them to take him out of the game or give him money for it or something along those lines.

- Quack says, "Haha, no. You're not even the first Jervis. You don't own the gimmick, I do. In fact..." then goes and trademarks the gimmick.

So it's less about "You can't be Jervis elsewhere anymore" and more about "We're putting Chikara's character in Chikara's video game and you have no say in the matter."

Sounds pretty credible, has lots of familiar story beats: Chikara guy overestimating his worth elsewhere, Quack being a petty jackoff, a wrestling company loving with somebody's livelihood, etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

What am I missing here?

Most folks think Yoshu Tatsu is dogshit

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The only thing I'd take direction from Quack on is mat wrestling, which even if you dislike him (and I do) you can acknowledge he is good at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

The latter. Although Missile Assault Man suffers from PTSD for his actions, he's still a good guy these days.

Whenever anyone gets a Golden Opportunity, it's for whichever title they choose.

Who are the Ice Creams these days? I know Claudio, Hallowicked and Quack wore the gear at various points. Is it just WF grads these days?

Also, weird realization: CZW and CHIKARA are 1 and 2 as far as who has used Claudio the best in the U.S.

• Locked thread