Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Chikara time jump and secret season is cool as hell and anyone who doesn't like it is a bad person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DM Punk posted:

CHIKARA in 12 months has really changed. Feels like 70% of the roster is gone now.

as long as we have ants, ice creams, and Ultramantis, Chikara will survive

Plus some of their wrestle factory people are due up

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

Was UMB actually injured or was that a 2 year work?

He was probably actually injured and either got a second opinion or decided "gently caress it"

The injury happened in a very un-Chikara way so I doubt it was a work from the beginning

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait who is Mr Azerbaijan's primary gimmick?

EDIT: Wow, I never realized it was Chuckie T

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I still deeply believe Quack cloned Sami Zayn and made him Space Monkey

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Considering how bland he has been in the already bland cruiserweight division I am surprised gulak hasn't pitched soldier ant as a gimmick.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I remember thinking Worker seemed out of shape even for him at the last show

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

He's a good guy going to work, raising his family, and playing video games. Not everyone has to give their entire life to wrestling.

not saying he does?

Just saying it makes sense he is burned out if he was visibly not in his normal ring shape for his last match

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe the plan is Season 17's KOT is in PA and Season 18's is in England.

WHAT IF.

I really want/need this

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DM Punk posted:

I wanna know how the crowd go to go to these Season 17 shows. Wonder if they had to sign some NDA. Or maybe they are are friends/family of the wrestlers.

One of the shows it looked like a bunch of schoolkids. Some joint thing with an afterschool program?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Shout out to whoever was smoking weed somewhere in the Wrestle Factory during today's show. I smelled it the whole time

Must have been on the other side because I didn't smell anything

Silver Ant :ohdear:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Also that Johnny Kidd Invitational next week has ZSJ and Matt Riddle on the card so I'm probably gonna check that out

For the life of me I cannot figure out why you would announce that tournament so late and not have the card revealed until after the show

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gavok posted:

I wasn't at the show, but apparently the Whisper revealed that Ophidian was the fake 17 from the Chikara vs. Flood angle. Sure, why not.

Huh, I thought it was Amasis' mask from the mask vs. mask match

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

aw man

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rovert posted:

Is it? Here's a "tip" don't steal property that isn't yours.

So Chikara should sue Ultramantis Black for using his gimmick in his band?

Or Hydra using his gimmick in that children's cooking show?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Are they not both on good terms with Chikara though?

Doesn't matter, you cannot only enforce trademark/copyright punitively. Either you show you legally exert intent to protect your intellectual property or you lose to the right to claim it.

You cannot allow your intellectual property to be used freely for over a decade and then change your mind on one guy because you're mad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sounds pretty credible, has lots of familiar story beats: Chikara guy overestimating his worth elsewhere, Quack being a petty jackoff, a wrestling company loving with somebody's livelihood, etc.

What part of that story involves Quack being a jackoff and loving with Jervis' livelihood?

If anything, that version of events make Jervis sound like the rear end in a top hat because he is trying to hit up Chikara for money to use a gimmick that they gave to him and let him keep using

I also appreciate that we are keeping kayfabe about who 2nd Jervis is despite it being super obvious

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 9, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Until this situation was explained in any detail I didn't even know there had Been 3 Jervises

There's three?

I thought that there was first one (thief guy) and second guy (angry guy)

As far as I can tell Chikara doesn't use the character anymore

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

with how condron's buried quack at every chance, i doubt it.

What does Condron have to do with this we are talking about the completely different person Jervis Cottonbelly.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Looks like Space Monkey is doing a few matches for Wrestle Circus

I guess their relationship isn't that bad overall?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Numero6 posted:

I definitely remember Louden being in Kaiju Big Battel before Chikara.

Yeah and now that I think back Louden was def in Kaiju 15 years ago but wasn't in Chikara until much later.

exploded mummy posted:

please don't disrepect the dev team they're hard at work

I just don't get why they are trying to do such a hard genre as wrestling sim on a micro budget.

Like, what are they aspiring to beyond Mdickie level gameplay

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I hope it makes them a pile of cash because I am still real disappointed the show isn't being run out of PA as usual

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This is gonna be the first KOT night 1 I've missed in years

I marked out apocalyptically hard for the submission squad surprise entrance last year. I was more pumped for the squad then people were for Bullet Club the year before

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Honestly I really dig JFDC and think he's an amazing heel. His ring work isn't incredible, but he makes up for it with a pretty strong personality.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I've noticed Chikara has been weirdly quiet about KOT so far. Do they have a special domestic plan in mind or something?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So is Tyler bate out of WWE or something

Also, I saw an ad for a lucha show in WI that had a guy wearing Shane Storms mask but clearly wasn't Shane Storm. Anyone know what's up with that?

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 6, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Did Meloni even have 2 matches?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Weird storylines?

In Chikara?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Looks like Chikara is doubling down hard on local shows

There are like 12 Philly shows booked

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

They own the venue

Well yeah but they have owned the venue for three years and never done this many shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I really hope its not at the wrestlefactory unless they aren't using big outside talents

Considering the money-maker KoT is for Chikara they will almost certainly be holding it in Redding

• Locked thread