Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Mania weekend

Legitimately shocked Quack didn't have him wrestle as Odarg The Great...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

- Solo Darling and Travis Huckabee confront Ophidian. Solo's excited to hear that Ophidian's starting a faction called the Furries, but Ophidian disappoints her by saying they're the Furies. Regardless, Travis says they're in.

- Ophidian talks to all the tecnicos about starting up the Furies and asks them to join his side. The Sea Stars excitedly hold their hands up.

Please Quack

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

It kind of has to be released considering the colossally bad look that would come from it being part of a successful crowdfunding thing. At the very least, they have updates on it every now and then, both in emails to backers and on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/883425135679733760

Nothing says Chikara like 2 white guys in blue tights slapping each other.

I'm sort of disappointed that this got funded, but the earlier beat'em up Chikara game (at least I think it was) which had a storyline of Ultramantis Black reviving old Chikara wrestlers to fight the BDK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqrh3V6Smg

Not taking sides in the whole Jervis vs Chikara thing, but I would love to see Jervis just start wrestling as random old Chikara wrestlers. The world needs Equinox III.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Sort of off topic, but has anyone been to Excellence Pro Wrestling? I live near where they run shows, and their posters always have Chikara guys (specifically Icarus, Hollowicked and Hermit Crab) so I've been tempted to go but it's a bit of a walk.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Read it right now! My new book, "7 Keys to Becoming richer - A book for fellow rich citizens"

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm off Saturday and was thinking about going to this, but..

no interest in Juan whatsoever. I'd love to see Dasher win the championship, but if he doesn't I'll be pissed.
NrG are awful and both need to go
And the only other match I have the slightest bit of interest in is Hallowicked Vs Mr Touchdown because both of them are so good.

I'm probably being cheap, but 20 dollars a ticket plus getting from the burbs in and back is just too much for me. It makes me so sad, because Chikara got me back into wrestling after I stopped watching for 5-7 years, but there's just about nothing going on.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

39-minute mark has some really interesting TV deal talk.

https://twitter.com/CHIKARASpecial/status/940687792530739200

When you don't have the money to update your background pic...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

CombineThresher posted:

Why is Shane Storm not crossed out? I thought he retired.

He's technically retired, but he shows up from time to time when they do a match with a bunch of people. I thought he had shown up this year at some point (or during the secret shows) but appearently his last appearance was infinity gauntlet last year.

Gavok posted:

Green Ant and Fire Ant should be reversed.

It's weird that I actually like The Colony, but I can't keep track of them anymore. I knew Green Ant had changed into Silver Ant, but I thought Fire Ant was the one that was killed off earlier this year, not Silver Ant. I miss Big Blue Ant. And everyone from the fake colony, but the funny fake colony, not the Quack strawman colony.

The sad thing is that at least half of the people aren't around anymore cause Quack couldn't figure out what to do with them or they had a falling out with Quack. Most of them are by far more interesting then whose left on the roster.

• Locked thread