Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Kobald said one of the ants died. I assume he means Worker Ant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CHIKARA in 12 months has really changed. Feels like 70% of the roster is gone now.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I feel like as long as Chuck Taylor/DUSTIN is around in CHIKARA, Swamp Monster could always come back.

And Jervis could be in one of the yet unseen Season 17 shows, right?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CHIKARA has more dead ants than the Pink Panther theme.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Dangerous Person posted:

There is no way you came up with this on your own

I did, actually.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I wanna know how the crowd go to go to these Season 17 shows. Wonder if they had to sign some NDA. Or maybe they are are friends/family of the wrestlers.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Thunderfrog is no longer in CHIKARA based on his twitter today. That sucks. He was a perfect fit for CHIKARA, but I guess living in Minnesota hurts things.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I am honestly getting really bored with CHIKARA. Most of my favs are gone and their replacements are kinda...meh. It's not even the lack of big names or anything, it's just the new gimmicks are pretty terrible.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CHIKARA is getting just weird for no reason now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUxHUwmN-aE

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Pinkie Sanchez speaks out on why he is no longer in CHIKARA.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Man, LFC left CHIKARA months ago. He was just talking about it today since a bunch of guys like Kondron were talking about leaving CHIKARA too. Jolly Roger was esp salty talking about being dropped from CHIKARA after refusing to reschedule his own vacation for Quack.

Surprisingly, Chris Hero seemed to weigh in and take Quack's side albeit not directly.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Anyone watch the last 3 secret season shows they just released? Just curious how they wrote out Kimnber Lee and Heidi.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
What a lame way to write Kimber Lee off.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Here's Heidi Lovelace's last promo from White Rabbit. It's SO good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZUKU1lgSw

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, CHIKARA just ended their Hour of Power episode with Merlock throwing Jawsolyn into a fridge and shutting the door on her. Before that, he tossed her into a wall, then into a table, then finally into the fridge.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Solo Darling won which was a surprise.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, biggest notable coming out of this show tonight was the reitrement of Ultramantis Black. He almost de-masked himself but decided against it. He did the Undertaker retirement angle where he left some of his gear in the ring.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Petty.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That CHIKARA game wouldn't even have gotten made if Cesaro didn't do a last second donation for like $900.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Are people still mad they changed venues for this?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Kobald doing a Finn Balor entrance was pretty funny.

Also, poor Ashley Vox will never beat Merlock.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

One of the upcoming Chikara shows is said to have Oleg and Kobald vs. the Osirian Portal. Considering Whisper is currently pretending to be Ophidian, I'm curious who "Amasis" will be.

Rich Swann.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Seems weird that he'd still wrestle outside of CHIKARA, although I dunno if I'd call a match vs Orange Cassidy "wrestling"

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Just came back from the Season finale. Some really weird storylines involing MAM and The Whisper which I cannot even begin to grasp.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Dasher is a sad tale. I see him on Twitter practically begging for bookings and he rarely is wrestling outside of CHIKARA. And when his big chance to win the title comes, he doesn't get it. Seems like an odd way to end the year.

I really hope CHIKARA doesn't do another secret season again too.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

The roster page has updated and we've reached TNA "not enough for a Royal Rumble" level. Though it doesn't include the dudes who showed up after the Missile Assault Man match. That, and Lucas Calhoun has stated on Twitter that he's coming back to deal with that.

Notable guys missing from the active roster page and added to the alumni section:

- The Big Deal/Hornswoggle, who didn't appear at all in 2016.

- Ashley Vox and Delmi Exo, despite Ashley's new gimmick of Oceana. Judging from her Twitter, it's probably more that they don't have an Oceana profile image yet.

- Max Smashmaster, who as mentioned earlier, is now retired.

- Missile Assault Man, who has gotten rid of his Twitter. He looks to be completely gone from Chikara, meaning an end to jokes about Zimbabwe.

- Mr. Azerbaijan, which is just as well. DUSTIN is still on the roster.

- Rock Lobster, who had one match in Season 18 and just kind of vanished.

- Wani, who was last seen dropping the Young Lions Cup on an Hour of Power back in June.

Fake Amasis doesn't have a profile to begin with and doesn't show up on either roster page.

Did the Furies stable ever have a big ending or anything? Just seem like the group kind of dissolved with no payoff or anything.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
They got one show booked in the Pocono Mountains. That's different. But, yeah, 16 WrestleFactory shows.

Gonna assume KoT is early September since there's a big gap between shows around that time. Wonder if they gave up on touring or are just doing a ton of shows next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CHIKARA has a hotline set up now. There's 7 options which most just news, trivia, theme songs, and Option 7 is "Between the Sheets with Missy". When you pick that last one, you get a Repo Man promo.

Also, There's a Youtube channel that has the newest CHIKARA Themes album on there.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-0-JawwG3lTSBLVpJ4w0FtMXVSh1_zBP

• Locked thread