Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Red Crown posted:

I get that Type III was probably the cheapest solution to the N-dubs problem, but it's still pretty bad. All the camouflage just seems...out of place compared to coveralls and the like. The Navy is trying way too hard at this.

I would just like to find a pair, my current NWUs are fading fast and I'll be damned if I buy uniform I won't wear long term for that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I love blueberries for what they are. It's just a silly uniform that makes us stand out as sailors.
It's not like we would ever actually need camouflage.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I feel that the Coast Guard has done the working uniform appropriately, and that the French coveralls with their reflectivity are pretty much the way to go. Second cruise did a crew swap with the Charles Du Gaulle and they were very good.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LingcodKilla posted:

I love blueberries for what they are. It's just a silly uniform that makes us stand out as sailors.
It's not like we would ever actually need camouflage.

Have you ever worn coveralls? That or a version of that is literally all anyone ever needed

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Coveralls are unprofessional and a dirty working uniform

Flight suit ok tho

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Flight suit ok tho

Obviously! Have you even seen Top Gun? Such manly vigor on display, very Navy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Boon posted:

Have you ever worn coveralls? That or a version of that is literally all anyone ever needed

Yuck, wouldn't that involve me serving on an active vessel? No thank you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Have you even seen Top Gun? Such manly vigor on display, very Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmfd9etbXGE

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Im thinking this in baby blue with dixie cups...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dingleberry posted:

Pls stop posting pics from my streetwear blog.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I feel that the Coast Guard has done the working uniform appropriately, and that the French coveralls with their reflectivity are pretty much the way to go. Second cruise did a crew swap with the Charles Du Gaulle and they were very good.

The Aussies also have a pretty nice coverall. It looks monstrously hot and heavy, though. Probably the trade-off for fire protection.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Dingleberry posted:

If it involves force shaping to eliminate all the non hackers who can't make that look good it would be the best thing ever. Also gayest. So again, best

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

If it involves force shaping to eliminate all the non hackers who can't make that look good it would be the best thing ever. Also gayest. So again, best

If the crossed ankles with the thumb in the pocket in the first picture doesn't replace parade rest, this nation is doomed.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Crackerjacks are still way gayer. Neckerchif above all

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right
I told them I was going critical so they gave me some xtra motrin and told me to hydrate

Edit:
:fap:

Calus fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 17, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh dear. Reporting for a long drill weekend in San Diego and my MC says to wear our digies "cause you gonna get dirty".
I am clueless what that even implies to an IS unit. I'm guessing janitorial work.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh dear. Reporting for a long drill weekend in San Diego and my MC says to wear our digies "cause you gonna get dirty".
I am clueless what that even implies to an IS unit. I'm guessing janitorial work.

gently caress that wear coveralls, poo poo is comfortable yo, and it is also the dirty work uniform that doesn't cost 110 bucks to replace.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm actually feeling really dumb for bringing my blues and both my peanutbutters and only one digi. From my past experience on AT and drill. This is a bit of a burn.
At least I got a nice room at the Hilton.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm actually feeling really dumb for bringing my blues and both my peanutbutters and only one digi. From my past experience on AT and drill. This is a bit of a burn.
At least I got a nice room at the Hilton.

Stripping, waxing, painting and shining.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It only took 27 months but you're finally going to do sailor work!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm guessing painting, and seconding the recommendation to have a set of coveralls handy.

Though I guess if aquaflage is going the way of the dodo soon, it probably doesn't matter much if you get them paint splattered.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What if I do them out of order!
:ohdear:

maffew buildings posted:

It only took 27 months but you're finally going to do sailor work!

Don't be jealous.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm guessing painting, and seconding the recommendation to have a set of coveralls handy.

Though I guess if aquaflage is going the way of the dodo soon, it probably doesn't matter much if you get them paint splattered.

Soon is still plenty enough time to have an inspection and WHY THE gently caress DO YOU HAVE A PAINT-SPLATTERED UNIFORM SHIPMATE?!?!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

no bones about it posted:

Soon is still plenty enough time to have an inspection and WHY THE gently caress DO YOU HAVE A PAINT-SPLATTERED UNIFORM SHIPMATE?!?!

Oh absolutely, if someone's enough of a douche to make people paint in aquaflage, they're more than enough douche to do a uniform inspection (is that even a thing for aquaflage? Seriously?) the next month.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Oh absolutely, if someone's enough of a douche to make people paint in aquaflage, they're more than enough douche to do a uniform inspection (is that even a thing for aquaflage? Seriously?) the next month.

It absolutely is a thing, all of your uniforms are supposed to be inspection ready. poo poo I've had ive had inspections in coveralls when I was underway.

Surface Navy sucks poo poo, I am glad I spent the last 3 years of my AD commitment ashore at an aviation command. At least we didn't have quarters more than once a week if that, and inspections only on uniform shift.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 19, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lol I got cross rated to a unit that works on watertight doors and I'm attending a 4 day school.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
like full time?

steal your own box end wrench and threaten to fistfight anyone who touches it

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

lol I got cross rated to a unit that works on watertight doors and I'm attending a 4 day school.

AHAHAHAHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHABA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nah, it's just reserve status stuff. I thought it was a drill weekend with my cross assigned unit buts actually a class.

So now I have to scramble to resced my drill weekend.

Woo tools!

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 19, 2017

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
I reenlisted to take me to twenty and go on my last deployment in the Navy pretty soon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hey shipmates do us all a favor and don't slam the gat-damned doors. It's hell on the bushings and gasket!

Can't wait to start replacing them on my AT!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

tacopie posted:

I reenlisted to take me to twenty and go on my last deployment in the Navy pretty soon.

Congrats dude!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey shipmates do us all a favor and don't slam the gat-damned doors. It's hell on the bushings and gasket!

Just think, if people didn't slam the doors you wouldn't have had a school and AT time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Laranzu posted:

Just think, if people didn't slam the doors you wouldn't have had a school and AT time.

The jury is still out on if this will be a better AT than killing cockroaches in the basement of makalapa for two weeks.
Only time will tell.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Less mahu at least.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Suck it up I was DCPO of my division when I was AD for almost 3 years and I probably can still perform most of the maintenance on a WTD in my sleep.

It was hilarious walking through the ship and being able to easily spot doors where people hadn't bothered to do the maintenance properly so there were gaps in the seals after they replaced them, and poo poo packed in the hinges.

Also, lingcodkilla, knife edges are no joke, one of my friends lost all his fingers on both hands doing maintenance on a hatch over a trunk and the (not properly secured) hatch slammed shut, I think they may have been able to reattach some of them, maybe. Never have your hands just resting on a knife edge, because something can happen and they will gladly bite your fingers right off with no mercy.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 20, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yikes yeah I witnessed a guy getting a hand totally mangled by a hatch on a tank and that poo poo was only 1/4th the size. I'm not loving around with safety on these things but I still find this assignment a little odd.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LingcodKilla posted:

Yikes yeah I witnessed a guy getting a hand totally mangled by a hatch on a tank and that poo poo was only 1/4th the size. I'm not loving around with safety on these things but I still find this assignment a little odd.

you pass butter

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
the navy feels the same under the reign of commander and chief god emperor trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Give it time Give him a chance