Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
My friend who went the E-8 to warrant route has had a good time. As he put it there's more wardroom hassles than he would like but it's not like the Chief's Mess, and there's a lot of opportunities to stay on the deckplates with the junior Sailors. Seems like a really good gig for someone who is over being enlisted but doesn't want to full send away from being hands on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

We worked with some British WO's during the workup to FOST on my first boat and they were a joy to work with, as soon as they got over the initial culture shock. The lack of casual cruelty was entirely new to them :haw:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Army used to sent WO1s and WO2s to our school and the Navy leadership would get so so mad when soldiers would call them "chief"

Our QA DIVO was a CWO3 and he seemed to really enjoy life.

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy poo poo he got a comm in the end. Everyone is going to want to know how a loving E-5 got a comm.

"Holy poo poo, a COM? What the gently caress, did you walk into a burning building and rescue people or some poo poo like that?!?"

"Yeah."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Anathematic posted:

"Holy poo poo, a COM? What the gently caress, did you walk into a burning building and rescue people or some poo poo like that?!?"

"Yeah."

Active duty command might actually award their sailors better at this point. My command received the info and it’s potentially withering on the vine.
Oh well. Never gonna pass the chiefs exam anyways.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
since you're a first class they prob expect you to hand walk that poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Crab Dad posted:

Active duty command might actually award their sailors better at this point. My command received the info and it’s potentially withering on the vine.

Motherfucker you better make chief on the first try, you have a reputation to uphold.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Crab Dad posted:

Yea you should be baby sitting that and walking it the whole way

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FrozenVent posted:

Motherfucker you better make chief on the first try, you have a reputation to uphold.

First MCPON with a :shepface: official portrait.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

I tested a year early and failed by 1% last year.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Congrats. You failed America, jackass

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it's not crabdad's fault that he fixes printers and every IT question is from the radio portion of the rate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Give him a written question on diagnosing a faulty roller in the admiral's desktop laserjet not something about fixing a broken antenna.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Give him a written question on diagnosing a faulty roller in the admiral's desktop laserjet not something about fixing a broken antenna.

Timed Practical exam of setting up a Lexmark 5165dn on SIPR laptops, none of which are yet connected to a ships network yet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Funny story. The last two printers I “fixed” in PSNS and Camp Smith involved the same issue. Stuck paper so the engineer/officer ripped it out and managed to make the return rollers in the tray dislodge and both times they rolled under the desk. Now the printers rollers won’t feed straight. I knew what the problem was right away and discreetly found the rollers and slapped the machine a few times, inserted the rollers back in and abra cadabra I impressed a nuclear engineer team.

Kinda scary.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Crab Dad posted:

I knew what the problem was right away and discreetly found the rollers and slapped the machine a few times, inserted the rollers back in and abra cadabra I impressed a nuclear engineer team.

Kinda scary.

This is all technical fields :hmmyes:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Funny story. The last two printers I “fixed” in PSNS and Camp Smith involved the same issue. Stuck paper so the engineer/officer ripped it out and managed to make the return rollers in the tray dislodge and both times they rolled under the desk. Now the printers rollers won’t feed straight. I knew what the problem was right away and discreetly found the rollers and slapped the machine a few times, inserted the rollers back in and abra cadabra I impressed a nuclear engineer team.

Kinda scary.

When I was getting groomed recruited, I worked at a kinkos and the recruiter promise I could work with printers and copiers as a main feature of my job. I’m not sure why that seemed appealing to 18 year old me but maybe my recruiter really was trying to set me up with the best rating in the navy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

gently caress.

gently caress.

gently caress.

IT1,

Congratulations on your selection to Chief!

Cycle 114 Reserve SBE results…

Crabdad ITC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally!

Congratulations

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

From talking to folks, isn't it just board eligible out today not results?

Congrats on making board as you'll almost certainly get picked up

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ypu git a ticket to the dance! All you gotta do is make sure your record is accurate and hope the chicken bones roll in your favor. Well done!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Crab Dad posted:

gently caress.

gently caress.

gently caress.

IT1,

Crabdad ITC

YESSSSS

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

From talking to folks, isn't it just board eligible out today not results?

Congrats on making board as you'll almost certainly get picked up

Yes you are correct. However my records are in order and I’ve done an awful lot of extra stuff that’s there.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
if it's just board eligible then there's a chance you won't be selected (you'll be selected)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
MCPON Crab Dad one step closer to reality.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

MCPON Crab Dad one step closer to reality.

COMPACFLT surely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad going to somehow find himself appointed CNO through a series of unfortunate events

loving lol someone already got him the khaki cover and the coffee mug

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Crab Dad going to somehow find himself appointed CNO through a series of unfortunate events

Having to get summer whites is going to financial break me right now. They better have the 0 interest rate star card offer still going on.

I got an appointment with my NRC CMC to review my package before it gets submitted and another chief will hit it up first just in case.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Crab Dad posted:

Having to get summer whites is going to financial break me right now. They better have the 0 interest rate star card offer still going on.

I got an appointment with my NRC CMC to review my package before it gets submitted and another chief will hit it up first just in case.

The NEX does, either that or they'll give you a 0% interest loan to be paid when you get your uniform allowance. The initial wont cover every single uniform, but you'll be able to get what you'll need. Summer Whites, Dress Blues, 2x Khaki. wont cover choker whites on top of those though.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Congrats on making board but only ~30% of board eligible get selected for CPO so maybe hold off on taking out a line of credit until you're sure you need it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cerekk posted:

Congrats on making board but only ~30% of board eligible get selected for CPO so maybe hold off on taking out a line of credit until you're sure you need it

Oh I ain’t buying poo poo until I pass board but my record is very strong so things are looking bad for me being a skater anymore.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Well in that case, now is prime time to stock up on skull bumper stickers for your truck before the NEX runs out of them

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Crab Dad posted:

gently caress.

gently caress.

gently caress.

IT1,

Crabdad ITC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qi3IooOVI

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cerekk posted:

Well in that case, now is prime time to stock up on skull bumper stickers for your truck before the NEX runs out of them

I’d sooner get it tattooed on my rear end than spoil my Tacoma.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

Crabdad is the Jack Ryan of the Gooniverse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poo poo I didn’t realize this was just a board announcement. Maybe my av update was premature.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo I didn’t realize this was just a board announcement. Maybe my av update was premature.

Ohhh yes sorry about the confusion. The bottom of my initial post was the actual email about just being board eligible but my CO jumped the gun a little early.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Sure you can purchase a chief's cutlass with your 0% loan but hear me out....what about 2 cutlasses?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Crab Dad posted:

Oh I ain’t buying poo poo until I pass board but my record is very strong so things are looking bad for me being a skater anymore.

Chiefs are the third biggest skaters out there, behind only warrants and terminal PO3s.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don't you dare doubt that av buy for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean you already know Crab Dad is going to get selected to Chief. It is foretold already.