Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I witnessed GE sign off on unlimited operations for a CF6-80 that ran at flight idle for over two hours on a mixture of ~30% MobilJet II and 70% Skydrol. Jet engines give no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Howard Phillips posted:

Thanks for speaking some common sense. Not gonna lie, I do feel some anxiety from time to time.

I'm out next summer; definitely feeling some angst myself, mostly about actually finding a job.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

vulturesrow posted:

I'm out next summer; definitely feeling some angst myself, mostly about actually finding a job.

Go give American Corporate Partners a heads up, they'll pair you with a mentor who'll be able to help you figure poo poo out

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

vulturesrow posted:

Ain't you an IT? I'm a poo poo IT reservist and I'm getting some ok offers for work. Just make sure you got Sec+ and clearances squared away and you will be ok.
100% travel jobs are always looking for peeps.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What do you want to do? General useless business skills applications of a Ltcmdr? Technical stuff? Random job I heard today was for a media company thats hiring, http://www.atlasobscura.com/about-us, they literally said just click the "Work with us" link at the bottom.

Getting a job is easy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Ain't you an IT? I'm a poo poo IT reservist and I'm getting some ok offers for work. Just make sure you got Sec+ and clearances squared away and you will be ok.
100% travel jobs are always looking for peeps.

He's an aviation noble

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Laranzu posted:

He's an aviation noble

Whoops i was thinking of another guy.

Yeah yer hosed. I don't see why anyone would want to hire a noble.

Try chik filet. Guaranteed sundays off.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Laranzu posted:

He's an aviation noble

An NFO, the most useless of designators for careers outside the Navy.

That being said, I did talk with a contractor a while back at a conference that said there were a lot of companies who were eager to hire WTIs, with the caveat that you're still involved with the exact same poo poo that you did while in. You're just not required to work on weekends or shave every day.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Whoops i was thinking of another guy.

Yeah yer hosed. I don't see why anyone would want to hire a noble.

Try chik filet. Guaranteed sundays off.

They'd much rather hire someone useful :rolleyes:

No seriously what was your major and or what are you interested in doing? This is your chance to re-invent yourself so to speak.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

An NFO, the most useless of designators for careers outside the Navy.

That being said, I did talk with a contractor a while back at a conference that said there were a lot of companies who were eager to hire WTIs, with the caveat that you're still involved with the exact same poo poo that you did while in. You're just not required to work on weekends or shave every day.

Which is pretty much the complete opposite of what I want to do.

I know I can get _a_ job, I just want to hit the ground running. Luckily I have a buddy who has been recruiting for years and and he knows his poo poo so I'm in pretty good hands. Just nervous because the Navy is literally all I've known in my adult life. I'm definitely ready to move on at this point but yeah it's definitely starting all over.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Boon posted:

Go give American Corporate Partners a heads up, they'll pair you with a mentor who'll be able to help you figure poo poo out

This actually seems like a really cool program, thanks!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

buttplug posted:

This actually seems like a really cool program, thanks!

You reverse engineer Nork malware when not blowing opsec on OPLANs you'll be hired for your elite hacking skills right out the gate, Tom.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Also, my dudes, a friend's consulting team is working a project for vets and they need help for some demographic data. They need data from vets, and really need data from lady vets. If you're willing to assist please complete the short 7 question survey at the link below.

https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eb1J5dRvw5Sx8BT

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You reverse engineer Nork malware when not blowing opsec on OPLANs you'll be hired for your elite hacking skills right out the gate, Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh7sIXFnEA

Buttplug is the actual star, the title and stuff is wrong.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Boon posted:

Also, my dudes, a friend's consulting team is working a project for vets and they need help for some demographic data. They need data from vets, and really need data from lady vets. If you're willing to assist please complete the short 7 question survey at the link below.

https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eb1J5dRvw5Sx8BT

Where does this info go? What kind of org is it? (I'm a Lady Vet.)

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 12, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Today, the reserves can eat my rear end.

gently caress you dude who sent me to an advancement exam without forwarding my test properly.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Don't worry man when this is all wrapped up you will be able to hash it out with them at which point they'll tell you how it is actually all your fault.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Already had that conversation. The worst part was I was ok with driving 1000 miles to test at my NOSC but one of my officers talked me out of it saying it should be fine to take my test at the closer NOSC.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Already had that conversation. The worst part was I was ok with driving 1000 miles to test at my NOSC but one of my officers talked me out of it saying it should be fine to take my test at the closer NOSC.

Aren't you an IT? Have to be a couple of you testing at the same time, they can just split the test and be done with it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Aren't you an IT? Have to be a couple of you testing at the same time, they can just split the test and be done with it.

After a random senior chief tried to force me into the test it was noted there wasn't a single IT2 taker so no actual test to take.

Remakes in a month.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

poopkitty posted:

Where does this info go? What kind of org is it? (I'm a Lady Vet.)

It is internal to a grad-student MBA consulting team to help guide their thinking and decision making for a veterans organization in the Minneapolis area. I'm not familiar with the project, but a friend, AF vet and current national guard pilot, is on the team and asked for support.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Geizkragen posted:

Anybody here have any experience with Cat 3/4 EFMP? Everything is mental health related and I'm trying to figure out my options. I'm already remote duty and may have to leave early.

You were put on the EFMP or you have a dependent that's on the list?

The answer depends on what you fall under, and what it is that's the case. If you want, PM me. I have experience with the mental health side of medical. Don't send me anything that would violate privacy laws.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
PM sent.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm writing a market research paper (to learn more about an area of interest) for one of my classes and the idea is spurred by a video google had made a little over a year ago. It's a good video :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38pl8hc9aso

Boon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 13, 2017

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I got questions for IRR that I cant seem to find answers for sure on. Do I muster on NKO or what? Also whats this I hear about a physical?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pandasmores posted:

I got questions for IRR that I cant seem to find answers for sure on. Do I muster on NKO or what? Also whats this I hear about a physical?

I checked out on terminal and thats the last I heard from anyone. Still had a year and a half of IRR time and didn't get contacted once.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The AF sent me a form once a year to update my address, and the only time I got contacted for a muster was when they were about to start up a new reserve maintenance squadron at the nearby base. Instead of targeting maintainers, they just mustered anyone IRR in the area. So I made a couple hundred bucks to sit through a powerpoint slideshow and listen to an O-6 and E-9 talk about how great this new F-35 unit will be.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
I kept my address up to date and once had to do a CBT over the internet on human trafficking. When I finished it, I got a certificate to print out that stated

STS2/SS hogmartin HAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED TRAINING IN:
SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED TRAINING

I printed it out and stuck it to the refrigerator with a magnet. That was the entirety of my IRR interaction, no muster or physical or anything. That was ten years ago though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got a somewhat threatening letter to update my address/phone via some website. I think that was it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Who do I have to talk to to get this as the new official Navy song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlti8Q-gU-Q

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I did nothing on irr. Didn't even go to the one muster thing they told me about. Nothing happened.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I did nothing on irr. Didn't even go to the one muster thing they told me about. Nothing happened.

Where the gently caress do you even muster?

Also sitting in TAP class I realize what a genius I am for deciding to get out now. FTN motherfucker, FTN.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Howard Phillips posted:

Where the gently caress do you even muster?

Also sitting in TAP class I realize what a genius I am for deciding to get out now. FTN motherfucker, FTN.

I think it was by the meps place or some random reserve unit. I just remember going "nope".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Mine was at the mobility building at the nearby base.

Edit: The map they sent out led you to a building next to the Q, almost 2 miles away.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Even the reserve dudes didn't know. One of them just asked me if I wanted to do the regular reserves and he was really chill when I said no.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
This may apply to between zero and one of you, but just in case.. If you're a 3910 who has taken and passed your GPC assessment(s) (Fundamentals or IA-II) and don't have your hardcopy certificate or pin (not suitable for uniform wear) yet shoot me a PM or email gpc@nmic.navy.mil. I'll either mail them to your command (or personal address if you have deuced out since taking it) or we can make other arrangements.

If you're a 3910 and none of that made sense check http://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/search/CERT_GPC6155.htm. The email address on that entry is garbo so send any questions to gpc@nmic.navy.mil instead.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
AAR: TAP Class is a colossal waste of time if you have even half a brain

-- 90% of the poo poo they cover is available on the internet through the VA/DOL website and have you heard of GOOGLE
-- You will always have a handful of idiots who think they know better, who are loud, and who ask dumb questions, so that when you're sitting there in TAP class listening to some shitbrains instructor who retired as an E6 who needs that poo poo Fleet and Family Services job to keep maintaining their crappy lifestyle they will keep interrupting you

Forrealz I thought I was going to get a week out of work but after day 1 I realized that I'd rather be routing CASREPs and sucking dick on the ship than sit through this slow and methodical lobotomy.

At my table sat not one, not two, but three obese "WHERE MY BENEFITS AT?" land whales who hadn't done anything for the Navy on LIMDU. Seriously gently caress this gay earth.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Did you at least bring your own laptop so you could gently caress off during the class?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Howard Phillips posted:

-- 90% of the poo poo they cover is available on the internet through the VA/DOL website and have you heard of GOOGLE
-- You will always have a handful of idiots who think they know better, who are loud, and who ask dumb questions, so that when you're sitting there in TAP class listening to some shitbrains instructor who retired as an E6 who needs that poo poo Fleet and Family Services job to keep maintaining their crappy lifestyle they will keep interrupting you

Forrealz I thought I was going to get a week out of work but after day 1 I realized that I'd rather be routing CASREPs and sucking dick on the ship than sit through this slow and methodical lobotomy.

At my table sat not one, not two, but three obese "WHERE MY BENEFITS AT?" land whales who hadn't done anything for the Navy on LIMDU. Seriously gently caress this gay earth.

During TAP, I had a back spasm, totally unable to change posture. So I went back to the ship to see medical and that was a better use of my time than anything else the whole week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Howard Phillips posted:

I don't know how you could have expected anything else. I can count the number of useful classes I've attended on one hand, and still have enough fingers free to hold a beer.