Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Detached from my command today, after 6 1/2 years. Feels weird as hell. 30+ days of leave ahoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Grip it and rip it posted:

Congrats man, you doing anything special with your leave?

Cross country road trip with a 2 year old, a 10 year old, a dog, two cats, wife and me. It's gonna be... interesting. We're trying to book it to Dallas to visit family, then a quick trip to Carlsbad Caverns and the Grand Canyon. San Diego for more family time, then off to Ventura.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Congrats! Hope you get to have some fun on the trip west, Mugu is awesome. I love this little backwater base, even if we have to deal with raccoons pissing in the ceiling every now and then.

The only person I've chatted with that didn't like Mugu said it was because of the weather (???) - that it was too "overcast all of the time". Meanwhile, we're standing in 90 degree/90% humidity Virginia swamp-rear end weather. Some people.

Hopefully, my new office is in better shape than the one I inherited at my old VFA squadron about eight years ago.

DustyNuts fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 13, 2021

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I have been on PCS leave (well, 8 days travel and 4 days proceed time also) for 30 days. I can have 18 more days. I think I'm gonna take it all. I'll need it to shed the weight I've gained from not giving a gently caress for an entire month.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

The accused Sailor for the BHR fire is a BUD/S dud that got stuck in Deck. A likely scapegoat.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Virginia Slams posted:

So he sent me a picture of what they were talking about it, there is a thing called a payback computation table.

Milpersman page 470 says this:
C. Payback for disenrolled members
members who are disenrolled from

-service schools A, C, and F
-Special programs NF, AEF and ATF 6-year obligor programs or
-5-year obligor programs
Shall have their obliserve adjusted under this article, provided they have no accepted accelerated advancement. Such adjustment will be referred to as payback.

it then says to refer to chart 10 J

But 10 J says the chart only applies to NF/AEF/ATF program disenrollment which would not apply to him. There is no other chart for payback besides for those 3 programs. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding and he does fall under that chart despite is saying he doesn't, he received 25 weeks of instruction which would be 17 months of payback if for whatever reason that applied to him.

After that there's administrative procedures that are supposed to take place after someone drops from one of those programs to adjust their extension by adding on the "payback".

K. admininstrative procedures. Upon receipt of approval from NAVPERSCOM (PERS-811), CO's or officers in charge will make sure that the new extension agreement is executed, the old extension is agreement cancelled.

But considering his PRD and EAOS both still match November of next month which is what his original extension was, I can only think of a few scenarios.

Either this instruction does not apply to him at all and he's being mislead either purposely or because he's got idiots telling him the wrong things.

OR

It applies to him and whoever(the CO) was supposed to adjust his extension to add on the payback because he dropped out but did not do so. So maybe they caught it way too late and are trying to cover for themselves by getting him to reenlist because they dropped the ball?

Sorry if this is long and rushed but they are apparently really pushing this poo poo on him in a hurry. He wants to get out and I don't wanna see him spend another 2 years hating his life because he got bad info.

*kramers into the thread*

Oh poo poo, just saw all of this. You got PMs? PM me on the latest, this all sounds weird and I can probably offer some advice. Or just post here on the latest.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

My last CHENG would stand around in CCS picking his nose and eating his boogers. Everyone noticed. Gross. That was my first and last ship assignment in a 24-year career, blessed be.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Fiye posted:

Love to spend my last 2 years on the ship on rotating shift work to *checks notes* get sent to NPTU and continue to do rotating shift work for another 3 years.

It might be unsurprising to learned a lot of people gained weight towards the end of period and a number of us failed the PRT. What we all would soon find out is apparently if you get lovely reviews you can't transfer to another command so they retain you where you are until you get out.

Apparently when your command goes away and you can't go to another command they just release you. Got an honorable medical discord (Thank god) and I've been free and never looked back.

Supposedly they'll now ship you off to another command and they won't repeat the same mistake that lost them a good number of nukes.

Yeah, fat nukes ruined it for all of the other Sailors that wanted to eat their way to freedom. Now, you get to be fat and underway until your EAOS.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Posting here because I have not posted on SA for a year. Luv u all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Yeah I'm good! I just drifted away from the forums and want to reacquaint myself here. Gonna go get big in FYAD again, re-live my 1999 glory days.