Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Going active finally. Spent two years at MD, but packets done and deals were made to stay in rate. P stoked and should find outq where I'm going this or next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Good luck! What are you hoping for?

Well I spent two years on a Watchfloor so dirsup surface would be dandy as a middle ground than direct to ship. But also having a cosistent job and not missing out healthcare/paychecks for my wife and kids is a always a bonus. However when I get accepted to Actove duty, I spend a month at the NOSC without pay/benefits for my family until I get a billet lmao. The last fuckin joke.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Laranzu posted:

Whats your rate again? Dirsup surface makes me think CTx.

CTT, so here's to hoping I get something good.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

poopkitty posted:

LOL. Ship in Japan for you, pal.

Hell ya now I can have 7th fleet BFEA ignore me from a ship now!! CO seems legit. I have no C-school though since I'm a NAT reservist, so would I go back to Pensacola most likely?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Got my verbals to the LPD 26. Was told I'll be there in May. So uh *looks at calendar* cool beans.

P.s. I doubt I'll actually be there in May.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

:(

Care to elaborate?

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 24, 2017

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Thronde posted:

LPDs are notoriously poorly built. Over worked crew. Maybe 26 is better. But 17 - 21 was hosed from the get go.

Sorry about sums it. What rate/rank?

CTT3(possibly picking up 2nd?)

My buddy whose a CTR loved it on a LPD, so who knows. But I did find out they have a grip of CTTs on board already so who knows. I'll report back after I get aboard :shrug:

On an unleaded note, I made hazelnut coffee at my NOSC and my department hated it. Mhmm a whole pot of coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

Flavored coffees are crap though? :confused:

Free coffee is still coffee. But yeah has a weird after taste. But whatever, just waiting on the orders.