Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

No one (re)enlists in the Navy unless they have already failed a few tests in their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Crab Dad posted:

Active duty command might actually award their sailors better at this point. My command received the info and it’s potentially withering on the vine.
Oh well. Never gonna pass the chiefs exam anyways.

Yea you should be baby sitting that and walking it the whole way

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Crab Dad posted:

The testing process is awful but the reserves are a special beast all by themselves. I don’t need to be the best I just got to be less awful than the rest. Active duty has to really be good in most rates it seems to get ahead. Good luck.

It just depends on the test and how relevant it is to you that year tbh as far as ad. The first time I wa sup for first I studied my rear end off, used the bibs, etc. We were on deployment so what else was I going to do? Got like a 43 or something, next time I didn't study at all and got a high 80s and made first by like 30 points.

It's a pretty hosed up system, like they can put any FC NEC questions on the FC test, I'm sure it's similar for other rates that have a million jobs (IT).

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Anathematic posted:

Yeah, I got out after one hitch and went to work for the vendor.

A few years ago one of the guys I went to A-school with came through our lab for training... as a chief.

One of those sobering "gently caress, I'm old" moments.

Yea I work with people I served with and theyre all chiefs/master chiefs/LDOs or whatever and I feel old.

I also lol because they stayed in and ive been chilling, moisturized, content, in civilian land.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ded posted:

the entire navy needs to be burned down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The reserves giving a poo poo about your occupation is folklore passed down for years that I've never once seen bear fruit.

A guy I served with is up here because he took lcs orders and he looks old as gently caress but he's younger than me.