Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nutting in the bilge otoh is a necessity if you’re an achievement completionist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Call me Ishmael and sign me up undesignated

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Hekk posted:

Crab Dad is also an old who just wanted to test the upper limits to enlistment ages.

The two guys I knew like this were some of the happiest, or maybe just like least angsty people I’ve ever met. Just quietly going about their day meeting and exceeding expectations with a detached smile on their faces. Imagine what the navy could look like if the minimum age for enlistment was 24.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

USNS Maury is the only confederate name sake still.

They just renamed Maury Hall at usna for Jimmy Carter. The superintendents house is still has a confederate name afaik

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

Personally, I think she has the perfect attitude to be an STS.

I don’t know exactly how to articulate it but yes. The whole expression and body language say ST to me. The sorting hat has spoken.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Same but we still marched with the M16 and had to disassemble and clean it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

My nuke senior in rate fully qualified e-5 was a -10/10 because we were in the yards gently caress the navy I was a nuke

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The LBJ needs to be an amphib.

https://silodrome.com/amphicar-history/

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

And now your highness we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

My 30secs of research came up with a MARADMIN message from 2013 - REVISED ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AWARD OF THE COMBAT ACTION RIBBON (CAR) AND UPDATED COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS

I don’t know the numbers here but I feel like the flow goes the other way. The army has such a need for bodies that marines end up in the army, but I can’t only think of one person in my experience who was former army who was in the navy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A real chud shibboleth is "combat vet"

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Laranzu posted:

They going to get the sunken Hawaii one for cheap

Did no one think when they named it that the god of the sea wouldn’t call one home?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/centcom/status/1746705110401695779?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

quote:

DeFant, the report said, told the officer “‘when I say I’m tired of this problem, I’m really saying I’m tired of you’ or words to that effect.”

Imagine getting fired for being this cool

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Funny story. The last two printers I “fixed” in PSNS and Camp Smith involved the same issue. Stuck paper so the engineer/officer ripped it out and managed to make the return rollers in the tray dislodge and both times they rolled under the desk. Now the printers rollers won’t feed straight. I knew what the problem was right away and discreetly found the rollers and slapped the machine a few times, inserted the rollers back in and abra cadabra I impressed a nuclear engineer team.

Kinda scary.

When I was getting groomed recruited, I worked at a kinkos and the recruiter promise I could work with printers and copiers as a main feature of my job. I’m not sure why that seemed appealing to 18 year old me but maybe my recruiter really was trying to set me up with the best rating in the navy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

One of the better officers I've ever worked with put on O6 today. Good vibes, not everyone who stays in is awful.

Is the list out? I’ve just been seeing random FB shout outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ded posted:

jfc if you don't actually make selection the entire navy needs to be burned down

One amphib at a time is the best we can do.