Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Coming up on three years since I resigned my SWO commission. Was a prior e dawg as well. Spent all my twenties in the Navy. 12 years altogether.

Only now I am acclimatizing to civilian life. But looking back I'm glad I did it. Yes, even the crappy parts where I was doing barracks rover watch in January at 4AM in Great Lakes. Yes, even when I was doing 14 hours of shore patrol in Japan. Yes, the thousands of hours of watch stood on the bridge and CIC. Yes, all the face rippings and thankless activities I did. It's called service because you don't get any personal benefit from it. While my civilian peers were making gains in their personal and professional lives I was grinding it out for the Navy and the country, for better or for worse. It may have been pointless but I did what I was supposed to do.

It will take time, but take pride in honorably discharging and having served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Nothing like hot RDC on RDC sex. Can't wait to bang out that female AOC that makes Hulk Hogan look like Pokimane.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

RDC gonna be loving boots. Gonna say at least 3 people get in trouble. Not with humor I just think it’s really bound to happen at an unusually high rate with these special times.

:mmmsmug:

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Godholio posted:

Chappie was a badass. That's the first time I've seen that quote, drat.

drat, didn't know a black man made it to 4 stars in the 70's. That's impressive.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

poo poo, it's gotten better since 2010?

I spent two years there, but was mostly deployed and hated every loving thing about the entire area. My wife absolutely loved it.

Best part of my 10 years was Guam. The cable sucked (purely due to CoC), land was okay, but the island itself was probably the high point of my life. Wife and I still trying to get back as civs.

ACU5, which included a rehash of the worst part of my cable CoC, was the absolute loving worst and why I ended up getting out. I pinned E6 like two weeks before my 5yrs mark, got out a month shy of 10, and regret nothing about doing so.

Guam = strip clubs. Never seem so many blonde girls who grew up rough in Pittsburgh until I went to Guam.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

orange juche posted:

I'm not even mad about the enlisted fucks dig because he's right, usually the chuds were buds duds or some poo poo. I know one of the dudes I was friends with a while back got out and became a cop and started thin blue line sheepdog poo poo and is sucking Trump's rear end. Dude was a buds washout.

I know BCPD tried to recruit me when they found out I was a vet, I wisely turned them down.

Baltimore? You could've been a real life The Wire star.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Red Crown posted:

People got seriously hurt. Throw the book at them. Hope it was worth whatever clout they got I guess?

These four had nothing to do with the mishap though. Pilot's fault.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

kill me now posted:

Releasing a video of people getting seriously hurt without authorization is pretty hosed up.

Getting in trouble for releasing the video is deserved but this is a separate issue. These four are not the ones who hurt the people or the plane.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

The Ukraine is literally half Russians, if that wasn't true there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of ethnic Russian speaking separatists fighting for their freedom.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Not propaganda. I'm not taking any sides. But there are Russians living in Ukraine. Whether for generations before USSR or from Soviet times.