Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
couple of dead seabees from motorcycle accidents this weekend. time for a mandatory stand down, especially for the non riders!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

gently caress... more than one from the same command? Racing?

Different places

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Everyone ready for the don't get in to a car wreck and shoot your spouse and get shot dead by the cops safety stand down?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Seabees are loving awesome. Wish I could do a AT with you just to see it even for a short time.

This was in reference to the Norfolk nuke gal shoot. Also no, the Bees aren't.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So Seabees ever actually, like, build

not well

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah it's a special group

I'll make an effort post once I punch my ticket out of this job, there's been plenty of ridiculousness

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 20, 2017

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

As long as we have no poo poo conflicts in full swing the Bees have a real purpose

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If you are with a NECC unit it will probably work

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah the Bees are a retard parade but no thanks re: going to sea.

Anyone here able to give me a quick answer for where on my DTS claim I fill in the necessary info to get BAS, since I wasn't getting galley food for a couple weeks? Also, does anyone have the .pdf checklist you have to digitally sign and attach? Cool story, supply didn't set us all up for success.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If I built it then it DEFINITELY won't work

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I would think that your command admin office would be able to walk you through all this stuff, considering it would all be going through them at some point. In my experience they're usually pretty happy to help sailors out when you have a specific question in mind about paperwork / admin / regulations and the like. This is also something you could potentially run by your LCPO or some poo poo?

I dunno how Seabees are organized and poo poo but ask whoever wrangles you or whoever wrangles them? Show some initiative and people will take notice!

They walked a second through it so he could walk us through it because they don't want to because they are busy.

If there was a better in unit option than asking you guys trust me, I already would have done it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I just need to know how to get BAS for the time gone, can't figure it out on my claim. Our supply department handles DTS so, that's fun

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah convince one of your stupider friends that they're losing money and support their decision to bring this problem to some khakis. Maybe have him buddyfuck that 2nd class that has failed your command.

But certainly don't ever leave money on the table

We'll probably get it handled today with a phone call. The second isn't failing anyone, our LCPO for the detail was directed to do the claims with us and he's been sent right back out. So I guess it's just an institutional failure. Our org chart is essentially a piece of paper that a three year old scribbled on, went through a paper shredder, and a blind person tried to piece back together with rubber bands.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I have to go to admin for BAS. RIP.

But at least men can't get tits to assault women in the showers in My Navy now :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I know why my corner of NECC totally sucks, curious why at your reserve spot

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

ded posted:

You would think that with 10+ years of PNA points you might get E-5 out of pity.

If you are in that boat you aren't passing the exam. Re BAS, we were told to go to admin, so we are hosed

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hmmm maybe this Chief select could...figure it out?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

goddammit gently caress

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hey you're on leave? We are calling you because you need go update NFAAS. No why would we check to see if you did it already when the email was sent out from admin three weeks ago, what email? :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

They had a stand down, things will be fine :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I can't even begin to tell you how many man hours we lose in the Bees due to not knowing bowlines

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

DustyNuts posted:

I've worn that Rocky model for like 6 years, they're solid. Just replace them every couple of years or when they get too dirty/torn up. Make sure they're loose when you slide them on, I've had a pair lose the padding in the heel because I yanked them on every day. The Belleville's look goofy, no idea about those.

The Belleville's suck, pony up for the Rocky's, If you get boots issued by your unit see if the Rocky's are available and do whatever you need to to get them.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The Belleville's provide exceptional sole split in half half technology

They look and perform like some designers idea of a high speed boots special ed cousin

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 24, 2017

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Sounds like you should make it work like it does on a multi billion dollar warship then :smug:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Guy in my battalion killed himself last night, this poo poo is way too common

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Null Integer posted:

Sorry to hear that. I hope your guys are doing okay with the news. It's already a massive problem that leadership keeps trying to solve with 45 minute annual presentations by FFSC, and then wonder why it's not working.

Yeah we had prevention training three weeks ago. Who the gently caress gundecked it and signed his name when he wasn't there???

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

In the Seabees that training is 100% check a box and we do not hear about reaching out for help with any sincerity, at least not in battalions

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Type 3s just do that like crazy when you wash them. This is your life now, this is what you do

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm in East Timor, defending your freedoms from proper use of tax dollars

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I have no concept of the weird little world you inhabit in the reserves Lingcod

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

my unit used some other command's MAP spots and promoted to third a kid who took two tries to pass his last PRT. Semper fortis.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

So the CG has standards is what you're saying?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

my battalion has only been in Okinawa for a few days and already someone got drunk and caused an incident with a local. Can do spirit there

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

No I'm in Timor-Leste, where we are incident free! But we just got here so stand by

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

On exercise with the AUS Army engineers. They have a full time billet for PT instructor that does a six month course and they look, on the whole, fit and well put together. They don't muck about.

Half the junior personnel on the team we sent qualed for FEP

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

When type 3 as stamdard got announced a bunch of Seabees (re: fat kids) got caremad because "they make us unique!" Nevermind all of NECC uses them after NSW designed them so THEY could be unique, or that wearing woodland BDU was what made the construction force stand apart.

Basically uniforms are only good for causing stupidity and misuse of funds

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Dingleberry posted:

They'll always have their low ASVAB scores and creepy pedo-staches to set them apart from their Navy brethren.

One of our geniuses just sliced his hand open on corrugated metal roofing because why would you pick it up without gloves?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You both misspelled bareback nor have to do that with your life any more, unless that's your get down

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

My Seabee Combat Warfare device signifies membership in a community where people consistently voluntarily choose to make their conditions as bad as possible no matter how unnessecary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Join the Air Force.

PM me about the Naval Construction Force. I can probably get a CEC officer to talk to you if you are hellbent

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 2, 2017