Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Getting my popcorn ready for the "IN MY NAVY" posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Geizkragen posted:

Anybody here have any experience with Cat 3/4 EFMP? Everything is mental health related and I'm trying to figure out my options. I'm already remote duty and may have to leave early.

You were put on the EFMP or you have a dependent that's on the list?

The answer depends on what you fall under, and what it is that's the case. If you want, PM me. I have experience with the mental health side of medical. Don't send me anything that would violate privacy laws.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I got questions for IRR that I cant seem to find answers for sure on. Do I muster on NKO or what? Also whats this I hear about a physical?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Even the reserve dudes didn't know. One of them just asked me if I wanted to do the regular reserves and he was really chill when I said no.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Only thing I miss about the Navy is my interviewing of the people that would get high as poo poo on LSD, meth, or heroin and I'd just sit there talking with them. Also that one time one of the corpsmen that saw a seal in nwus went full blown fan girl and asked the seal if it was true that if he was able to take the pin away from him he'd be one too. Kid nearly poo poo himself with the glare.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was anyone not religious in boot camp

Me, then again the movies and metal were constantly playing in my head so the entire boring thing was just waxxed over.

Also what Mr. Nice said.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Y'all got the less gay boot camp stories. Mine was us doing poo poo on purpose so we'd work out, the kid next to me making GBS threads his pants every other day, and the comedy of seeing this one kid that bragged about his Master Chief dad and got beat til he gave up by some Senior Chief from another division that hated his dad.

Also best weight loss. I went from 230 lbs to 140 something in like 5 weeks. 10/10, would do Navy Medicine Again.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

iverson posted:

I've got a few questions on behalf of a friend who's still in. 8 years in, EAOS later this year, understands some kind of medical separation paperwork is under way for a service related disability. He tells me he's worried that he'll get his contract extended to allow for the completion of whatever goes into the medical separation process. Is that a thing? Is there any recourse? He's been planning hos career and is worried this will foul hos plans somewhat.

If the paperwork he's referring to is the one that is actually for his separation, he might just separate before his EAOS. There's a lot of steps to medical separation paperwork, and it being underway could be anything from the PEBLO having just received a recommendation from his medical provider to refer him to the medical board or even the end zone of the medical board making a determination on disability rating and beginning the process of separating him from the military. Depending on where he's at, he falls under different aspects of instruction and what I'm about to outline is the process in general, although his PEBLO would/should be able to explain in a bit more detail since they'd know exactly where in the process he stands. There's also a few different instructions and processes depending on what he falls under, and the best people to look that up would be his physician or the PEBLO.

Extension is a thing where his command can extend him a month at a time after EAOS until the medical separation date comes in, and the main recourse is to notify the PEBLO that he intends to separate at EAOS. The PEBLO could look into the possibility of seeing where the medical board stands on it, or if he can even cancel it at this point. Usually once it's at board then it's just a matter of awaiting a determination, which could be him getting placed on the Temporary Disability Rating List (TDRL), the Permanent Disability Rating List (PDRL), or neither if the board finds that his condition doesn't fall under medical separation. After that they'll notify him how much he qualifies for percentage-wise through the military as well as VA. There's a few instructions out there that cover the time spans and specifics such as for the extensions. From experience, I've usually seen commands extend the contract a month at a time until the med board comes back or however many months the ordering physician recommends until medical treatment for the disability is completed (like in cases of addiction and some hospitalization) depending on what is going on and his individual case. Depending on what he's being boarded for, they could also shorten the extension and push his paperwork through for a separation before his EAOS or even keep his EAOS if medically prescribed (such as in the completion of prescribed treatment for surgical or even addiction rehabilitation with a few instructions covering this). It just depends on where he's at in the process and what he's getting put up for. If I were him, I'd speak with the employer and explain the situation and see how it would affect his career with the work outside of the military once he separates. He could also speak with his CO to see if there's any way that they could let him work (some commands like medical ones have instructions to cover employment outside of the military) and depending on what was medically recommended for him he might also have some limitations placed on what he can and cannot do at work, which may lighten his workload and free up some time.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Our CO told us "don't self-select" for separation. Our CFL did his best to make sure everyone passed. Then we got a guy who walked for the mile and failed. Ok, called a bad day, no problem. Come back in six weeks and retake. No harm, no foul. Six weeks later, walked the mile and failed again. Ok. We gave you six weeks to prepare and you told us to screw ourselves; ADSEP for you for PFA failures. He calls JAG, and now there's a NAVADMIN. We're going to have to find something else to separate him for now.

One thing that some of the squadrons would do was send people in to Mental Health on a command directed evaluation. The sailor got evaluated, we looked for what was their lack of motivation doing something, etc. After so many attempts, it was an adsep through whatever diagnosis they had, most being an adjustment disorder. The DH of Mental Health isn't the one that drafts the separation stuff, it falls on the command, but the staff can help find out why this dude is just walking and failing on purpose.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Quebege a trois

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Virginia Slams posted:

Has anyone ever see a base that has an unsecured high speed Wi-Fi? I just moved to my new place and there's an open Wi-Fi called mycommand_llc except it's nowhere near anywhere where anyone would benefit for work purposes. Any chance they just left it open on accident?

I'm assuming it would be ill advised to use it for torrenting but what about just using it for watching Netflix or something?

Some bases are getting decent internet. I know that in the Corpsman barracks on NAS Lemoore they were making it fast.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The counselors as well as the other medical professionals are really looking out for the best possible way to help you, not just to get you through the cycle but to see to it that you're going to improve your life. They've got your best interest at heart. The dual-diagnosis program I was in after I went to my DAPA was awesome.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

One of our FC A school students got their smoke deck secured by offering his vape to a female to try the flavor, but neglected to mention that his juice was 50mg. She had a seizure right there. There's talk about getting him court marshalled lmao.

So are they going to go full Navy and blacklist the shop that made that dudes juice? Some of them won't make juice above 30mg because of the toxicity.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

UNLIMITED SICK LEAVE, OF WHICH YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANY, BECAUSE YOUR FREE MEDICAL CARE IS PROVIDED BY A GED WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DO PAPERWORK SO THEY SAY YOU'RE FINE

And enjoy the fun of proving to the VA that your poo poo got hosed up while in because at no point did the corpsman actually document anything.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sup cuties just wanted to thank y'all for your services.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Yesterday my section had the OOD get mad at us for the offense of following their instructions to the letter

If they don't send you to Mast for disobeying a direct order as points to the Mafia that is the Mess, then are you really a sailor worth mentorship?

On the NAVMED thing, the legal office on post may be able to assist as far as what the next step would be. Is your friend trying to fight a determination from a medical board, argue LIMDU? Depending on the instruction they're fighting or arguing for, I could help you find one so that your friend could have help from the JAG and they don't have to wait until the JAG figures out the instruction it's pertaining to.

EDIT: Also, most hospitals, even the smaller ones that have been downgraded to clinics, usually have some legal officer around to talk to and the ombudsman should have some local information for legal.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 20, 2018

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

And also real pizza holy poo poo it's great.

loving this. It's god drat amazing.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

MancXVI posted:

Hypothetical q: how do I get a job as the MWR sword guy?

Present your NKO "Studying the Blade" cert and the job is yours.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

e: I need to marry someone in the military in a state that allows spousal admission :lol:

ManMythLegend posted:

Hey there big boy. :wink:

Yes, YEs, YEEESSS

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Madurai posted:

What about a stripper in the service? Do those things cancel out like double negatives?

They better have a NAVMED 1610/1 filled out. :chiefsay:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

I refuse to go to navy dental if I can pay out of pocket for a civilian dentist. I did it last year for my crown and I’ll do it again. Butchers.

Same, I needed a root canal because the Navy dentist didn't fill in a cavity right. For my root canal referral, I saw a new dentist and he said I didn't even need to have the cavity filled. It would've gone away with a prescription toothpaste.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

That's the billet they're filling I guess.

I mean yea asf sucks but choose your rate choose your fate and all that.

Choose your NEC choose your destiny.

What rates don't do asf? I imagined the blue weenie found a way through all its tributes.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

MrMojok posted:

Is there a sub-specific Navy thread, or would it just fall under this one? Was hoping to read stories from Navy goons about life on subs.

Look up the script of The Hunt for Red October and read it while in a bathtub reenacting scenes with toy submarines. If you have a male friend, have him stand over your shoulder naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

DustyNuts posted:

"Old PO1 becomes CPO with little to no time to advance to SCPO so doesn't give a poo poo about playing games/politics"

The realest hero.