Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

DownByTheWooter posted:

If I could get a job just stripping and waxing decks, + headphones and weed, I would be setttttt

I have a friend who basically has this job plus basic engine maintenance and such. He gets to deliver boats to clients houses in the hamptons and poo poo too. In the winter he goes to tropical islands and just drinks and fucks for 3 months and then comes back and does it again. He also smokes more weed than anyone else I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

I loving love naps.

My current job gives us an hour for lunch which is stupid long so I grab a 30 minute cat nap every day :feelsgood:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Omfg if I get called to the Chiefs' office and told not to make jokes about dolphin rape in front of the students one more loving time I swear to god, it was like nine months ago, and all I said was that it's racist to assume that all dolphins are rapists. They students were having their own conversation about dolphin rape that I interjected moderation into and I'm never going to hear the loving end of it.

This is my new favorite post in GiP

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Where might I find more battle damage pictures like that? Are there pictures of the repairs as well? That sort of thing is fascinating

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

Well dont have a depository of before and after images but this a good read on the one ships battle damage and repairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_St._Louis_(CL-49)

http://web.kitsapsun.com/archive/2002/12-08/19459_repairing_america.html

Interesting link.

:tipshat:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

tacopie posted:

I'm pretty sure Tyson makes a very accurate version of Hamsters.

They do, I used to live off those drat things as a teenager. Still buy a box of them every now and then. So, so good.

Never heard them called fried hamsters before but I'm going to start calling them that from now on.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

shovelbum posted:

I wonder what the biggest engine ever to fully explode was

Depending on your definition of engine, probably Chernobyl.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

scripterror posted:

Jesus.

We took a 40ish degree down once. I was in maneuvering standing on the SPCP and I remember after "dive, dive" nobody said a goddamn word on the 1MC. We just hung there watching the shaft RPM meter go nuts for what felt like forever. The depth indicator had gone black and I was sure we were just mud-darting straight to the bottom. Eventually leveled out and found out one of the aft MBT vents hadn't opened. That was only the second time I thought I was about to die on a submarine.

What was the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sounds like he won.