Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I mean if nothing else speaking as someone who's almost certainly not going to join the Navy but has considered it from time to time, you all have certainly convinced me of what not to do :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So my sister is apparently considering joining the Navy as a nuclear engineer, does anyone have a link to the thread where it's clearly explained why this is the worst idea imaginable?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'll see about getting her an account. She's still in school so it's not like she's planning on signing paperwork tomorrow, and from what little I've heard nuclear is just one of the things she was considering, but if she is intent on joining I definitely want her to be as well-informed as possible.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Sarah posted:

Uhhhh .... what did I do...?

You know what you did :v:

Anyway just wanted to take a moment to thank the thread for when I asked about six months ago for advice when my sister was considering joining. Turns out she was on the precipice of making a terrible decision (enlisting as a nuke when she had literally just graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering with little to no student debt), and apparently the information I gave her was enough to make her reconsider and get a job in her field.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

FrozenVent posted:

Crabdad gonna get the MoH for putting out a kitchen fire, somehow.

Please, don't be ridiculous.

It'll be a Navy Cross.