Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Anyone have any experience with working in medical at MCRD san diego?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Serious question: is there anything saying you have to get frocked when results come out? Is it possible to hold off until you get paid instead.

I have no intention to but I've always wondered

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

No you do not have to get frocked. You can sit and wait till you get paid. Your peers/juniors will think that you got in trouble and are on a suspended bust from mast or something and your seniors will look negatively upon you for not following with naval tradition.

Thanks that's more or less what I thought. I've known a handful of people who said they were going to try to refuse frocking but were pressured by their chain.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Anyone know if either pair of Marine corps hot or cold weather brown boots are authorized in type 3s with no ega? I have both pairs I was issued from a few years back and trying to be cheap

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Supposed to get a 96 this weekend according to the CO so my LPO decides to volunteer everyone to come in and sit around all day friday for no reason DH accepts. Love it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Your LPO needs to taste a curb. Our CO gave us all 96 except for the chiefs and the one guy on watch.

My coworkers and I all agree

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
What's the deal with the aligning EAOS with duty station length instruction that came out?

Everyone at my command is freaking out over it. Had 3 different 1st classes going around telling everyone they were gonna get extended involuntarily till their prd if there EAOS is before their prd. I haven't had time to read it but that doesn't sound right.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Has anyone ever see a base that has an unsecured high speed Wi-Fi? I just moved to my new place and there's an open Wi-Fi called mycommand_llc except it's nowhere near anywhere where anyone would benefit for work purposes. Any chance they just left it open on accident?

I'm assuming it would be ill advised to use it for torrenting but what about just using it for watching Netflix or something?

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I have an interesting situation and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what the next step for me should be.

I'm an E4 on shore duty and recently my chief passed that all E4s have to put in BAH requests and they will be approved. I did and my entire chain all the way to CO approved with no issue.

So heres the issue my command is spread out throughout the area I live in with around 5 different bases with our presence, I stupidly decided I would live on a marine corps base because it was most convenient for me. So when I took my package to the base to get the signature allowing me to check out I was told I cannot because manning of the barracks is not at a certain level. So despite permission from my command and their full support I have been repeatedly told they cannot sign because I live on base so I fall under the tenant commands instruction which is E6 and above can move out. I am not attached to this base I am attached to my command and my UIC reflects that. My command from my LPO to my chief to my SEL don't seem to know what to do. They keep pushing the issue on my behalf but with no resolution.

Is it true that just because I live on a base I fall under a different branches instructions despite not belonging to them in any way? Besides marrying a stripper for BAH what would be the best course of action?

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

The solution to this and all similar problems is to just continue to escalate up the CoC on both sides.

This is what I assumed would be the correct response but my chief wants to handle it even though I've been told I'm not in a good position. I don't want to rock the boat and lose the support I have by "undermining" my chain even though it seems to be the only real option for success.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Has anyone else had Sailor 360 forced on their people yet? This is not a very positive time so far

They tried it at my command for a few weeks. Turns out forcing miserable junior sailors to play competitive sports and attend training instead of lunch doesn't end well. Two of three pt sessions fights broke out.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
So they're gutting tuition assistance pretty hard. Can only take 120 credit hours your entire career, 12 hours a fiscal year and unwaiverable 2 years in before you can even use it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I have a question on waiving your last advancement exam when getting out. I'm trying waive it because there is zero reason i would ever stay in. But I feel like my chief is just making poo poo up at this point regarding waiving it. He said that people who are hitting HYT(I am not HYT) who waive their exam lose benefits or whatever and that he believes that applies to waiving your final exam if you are not HYT and just getting out.

To me it sounds like he either has no idea what he's talking about or he just wants me to take the exam for no reason. Anyone have insight, does this sound like bullshit?

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Separating is an absolute nightmare. Does anyone have experience with conflicting DMO and command instructions regarding moving HHG.

DMO is telling me I need to have separation orders and 2 weeks notice to pick up my HHGs.

My command is telling me I cannot start my package to be sent to the detailers through admin and PSD for separation orders until 2 weeks prior to terminal leave.

Part of the package is a finished check out sheet, I live in the barracks and cant leave the barracks with stuff in my room still so I cannot get that completed even if everything else is done the day I hit 2 weeks left. Even if I could my command told me it will likely take a week to several weeks to receive actual separation orders once I complete everything my command wants. So it's likely I wont get them until I'm already out on terminal.

DMO said I will not be reimbursed if ship them myself without already written separation orders.

I spoke to marine corps DMO they said I could get line of accounting HHG orders to schedule the move because that's what they do in this situation. Then I spoke to navy DMO and they told me they no longer do that Navy side.

I'm moving from the west coast to east coast so approximately 2800 miles. I'll have no way to Coordinate or guarantee anything is done right after I leave. I've heard horror stories of getting reimbursed after being on terminal.

Does anyone know of any way to get this fixed. My chain is worthless and toothless. They will not fight this and have no solutions to offer other than we'll look into it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
EAOS was January 5th been waiting 5 years to say this: FTN and gently caress you if you're still in.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I've been out for almost 10 months now and was wondering if there is some way to pull up my NKO training history?

Edit: The instructions on the my navy portal website for CAC free account setup are outdated which comes as no surprise

Virginia Slams fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 22, 2020

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

W H Y ? Dot Dot Dot

My potential future employer is actually interested in the trainings I've attended so I figure I might as well, which is a big lol but anything helps. Unless you mean why have I been out for almost 10 months and that answer is FTN my friend.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

The former than the latter. I cannot imagine what course they'd want but weirder things have happened.

I imagine there should be a way to get your complete OMPF which will have your Training Education and Qualification History in it.

:chiefsay: I downloaded that and a bunch of other Navy records for myself before I separated in March

I printed and scanned all of my OMPF, VMET, JST, etc. and they just have certain select trainings in them not anything that would be relevant unfortunately. Not ever did I see myself thinking about logging back into NKO but here I am.

maffew buildings posted:

we're EAOS buddies!

Hell yea!

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I've been out for almost 2 years now but I have a question regarding a friend of mine who I believe is being lied to, to get him to reenlist.

Basically he's an E-5 corpsman who went to IDC C school and dropped out back in march. He signed an obliserv stating he will extend until November of this year. According to him this was the only extension he signed, no reenlistment at the time.

He was getting ready to get out until his chain said he has to reenlist or he may lose VA and GI bill benefits. He claims he spoke to the detailer who said the same thing and allegedly at legal he spoke to paralegals and NC's, NOT an actual JAG who said the same. I've tried to get more details out of him but he either doesn't know or doesn't understand, all he says is "they said I owe time for school and if I just got out the navy will push back and that might happen(possibly losing benefits)". This statement doesn't make sense to me at all, I'm under the impression the only way you can potentially lose benefits is through a discharge that is OTH, Admin or BCD or whatever. It seems they are claiming he needs to make up the time he spent in IDC school before he dropped even though the only thing he signed was the obliserv which is about to end. He has mentioned some document that they showed him that supposedly backs this up but he doesn't know what it was. He's not the type to question something like this but it doesn't sound right to me.

I may be wrong but this all sounds pretty suspicious to me. They are saying he has to reenlist for at least 2 years. I don't know much about the C school side of things and I imagine there's even more I don't know about the IDC program but I just wanna make sure that there isn't something hosed up going on.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

As long as he served 36 months and gets an honorable discharge he has 100% of his GI Bill. As far as his contract he should be able to find all the paperwork on his OMPF online and it should have the relevant paperwork regarding his actual contract and maybe his IDC C School.

Paging Chief DustyNuts to the thread.

So he sent me a picture of what they were talking about it, there is a thing called a payback computation table.

Milpersman page 470 says this:
C. Payback for disenrolled members
members who are disenrolled from

-service schools A, C, and F
-Special programs NF, AEF and ATF 6-year obligor programs or
-5-year obligor programs
Shall have their obliserve adjusted under this article, provided they have no accepted accelerated advancement. Such adjustment will be referred to as payback.

it then says to refer to chart 10 J

But 10 J says the chart only applies to NF/AEF/ATF program disenrollment which would not apply to him. There is no other chart for payback besides for those 3 programs. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding and he does fall under that chart despite is saying he doesn't, he received 25 weeks of instruction which would be 17 months of payback if for whatever reason that applied to him.

After that there's administrative procedures that are supposed to take place after someone drops from one of those programs to adjust their extension by adding on the "payback".

K. admininstrative procedures. Upon receipt of approval from NAVPERSCOM (PERS-811), CO's or officers in charge will make sure that the new extension agreement is executed, the old extension is agreement cancelled.

But considering his PRD and EAOS both still match November of next month which is what his original extension was, I can only think of a few scenarios.

Either this instruction does not apply to him at all and he's being mislead either purposely or because he's got idiots telling him the wrong things.

OR

It applies to him and whoever(the CO) was supposed to adjust his extension to add on the payback because he dropped out but did not do so. So maybe they caught it way too late and are trying to cover for themselves by getting him to reenlist because they dropped the ball?

Sorry if this is long and rushed but they are apparently really pushing this poo poo on him in a hurry. He wants to get out and I don't wanna see him spend another 2 years hating his life because he got bad info.

Virginia Slams fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

it could be very possible that the "re-enlistment" paperwork he's talking about isn't re-enlistment at all but is rather the proper extension due to his obliserv of 17 mos.

I don't know how that didn't occur to me as I was writing that. I guess that is a strong possibility but I still have yet to find the chart that supposedly dictates pay back for non NF/AEF/ATF disenrollment, if it even exists. I've searched the entire milpers manual now several times and keep coming up empty. I've found older documents that state go to XXX document to find it but it then that document references going back to the document that sent me there in the first place, just going in circles.