Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

I still got paid on the 1st and 15th every month for the year I was waiting for my trial. He’s getting paid.

I just hope he gets more.

Woah, you had to go through a loving court martial?

If you wouldn’t mind- could you share with us what happened? I sat on a court martial jury once, and was a witness in 2 other unrelated courts martial.

Did you beat the charges? Use a private attorney? JAG?

I’m not looking to judge or anything man, I just get fascinated by the legal side of military things sometimes just because of a few unique experiences I had.

Anyway, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Whatever faults our UCMJ system may have, you are in good hands as junior enlisted going to a bench trial. The prosecution had no loving case, but you don’t need a unanimous military panel, and that’s easy to get with the idiots you get in the military. Judges? Not so much.

I know this isn’t universal, but it’s a pretty common thread.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

It doesn't apply to serious crimes like this, but did you know that in the Navy, you don't get to request court martial in lieu of NJP if you're on a ship?

Yea. It’s incredibly hosed.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I got it from a FB group which has nothing to do with the military at all, just entitled mothered- which is hella toxic, but also not nearly clever enough to really make this kinda effort up. It’s mostly sharing of screen caps of poo poo like the above.

I’m inclined to believe it’s real. I met some really loving weird spouses in the early parts of my career in Intelligence. Swingers and Furries were the tame ones. Tripolar dependopotomi still haunt my dreams.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy4400nav posted:

When I joined the old squadron back in 2019, one of my first flights was an overnight burner and the crew was noooot enthusiastic at all about it. I decided to boost spirits and morale by bringing a bag of candy and another bag full of Bang energy drinks, which I thought were okay since we stocked them in our deployment geedunk. The crew were stoked, flight doc the next day was not...

I may have gotten a gentle talking to about CNAF regulations.

I memorized a lot of acronyms but CNAF is escaping me, and Duck Duck Go isn’t helping. Could you tell me what CNAF is and why energy drinks are a no go for (F-18?) aircrew?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What, did energy drinks lead to the 35th annual Tailhook Association Symposium or something?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IncredibleIgloo posted:

A "I don't drink Coffee" comment is more self-indulgent and sad than an actual coffee chat.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It’s hilarious to me that they’ll give an O-3 and an O-2 a B-2 loaded with nukes in the Air Force. Or the Minuteman for that matter.

I always felt like Junior USN officers had more responsibility over people than 99% of USAF officers. You can do 20 in the USAF and never directly supervise an enlisted person or write an eval on them or anything. I don’t think you can be (and I’m sure I’m wrong here) a JO on a ship without at least a small number of Enlisted directly under you.

And yet, the enlisted/officer relationship in the USN seems fuuuuuucked from the outside. Might not be, just the observation of an old Zoomie.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Grover was a GS-14, which technically I guess is O-5 equivalent if GS-15’s are O-6 equivalent and SES is GO/FO.. and as far as I remember things.. yeah, that’s the equivalency’s.

On a personal level- outside the forums and our need to be edgelords or O-5 Equivalent’s, he was a nice guy. He was an awful mod, and a supremely unfunny poster. But on an individual human level he was a good dude. You’d never know it if you didn’t take a little bit of time to get to know the dude. And literally nobody wanted to after most of his initial encounters with people :lol:.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elendil004 posted:

Agreed. I actually had minor design input into groverhaus, hung out with him for a few days while I was TAD/TDY in the area. Nice dude but I mean, I'm not gonna defend his bad posting. That said...whomst amongst us...

Literally no Gipper who ever had a Cures username can cast stones, lol.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

my last deployment the battalion set a new record for suicide attempts and a chief said the problem is all the liberty. there's too much free time, so Sailors are thinking and not working and trying to kill themselves. well, guess he was loving wrong (like normal)

Was his name Tim Taylor?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

no, different broken brain seabee chief

Eh, this guy was younger than me in School. He’s a Master Chief now, we used to call him Timbo.

No idea how he was as a chief or anything, but as a person he was a genuine and kind hearted guy. His wife is my cousin.

Was just trying to see if the Seabees had sucked all humanity and empathy from him like I see written about here so often.

My gut tells me he stayed a good guy. My heart reads the navy thread however. My gut just turns food into poo poo.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crab Dad posted:

Gets mighty boring sitting at home all day…

The gently caress it does.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

War Boi posted:

P.S. WE CAN AFFORD THE MORE EXPENSIVE RANKS. THINK ABOUT IT.

This stereotype is hurtful.

Some of us Jews are broke.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

goddamn that one went right over my head

brb queueing a longer probe

I dunno man, I like his moxie. And that was fake offense, we have that bag of gold around our necks and all that.

If he’s probated he can’t post and step on rakes attempting to be funny, and accidentally be funny for being ‘that guy’.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

What about the rothstein’s ion cannon tho? Why do you think I’m converting for: God? Smdh.

Beware, the mohel doesn’t charge anything for an adult. He just keeps the tip.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did a mohel do it? Because after he goes all twilight vampire on your shvantz, gives you herpes and HPV in the process. And then you die and find out there is no god, but you lived a good live. Warts, acyclovir, and all.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

that was oddly specific, is it just an orthodox thing cause I’m prob going conservative or reform

:(

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, it's usually the Chiefs' decision well before it gets to the CO, and the bar for their "investigations" is incredible low, bunch of railroading bullshit.

At XOI the XO forced me to call my parents on speakerphone and tell them I was about to be kicked out of the Navy. If some fuckface O4 had tried that later in my career they would have had something valid to mast me over, but I was young and stupid and relying on my superiors to do the right thing.

Ya’ll be out here giving junior oficers (anything below O-5) too much power. drat.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fred Dawes posted:

I got selected for first class my 6th and final year active duty :toot:. Seriously considering doing SELRES for Tricare and the $20k bonus. Please remind me why this is a terrible idea.

The reserves are going pretty good for Crab Dad.

You’d still be in the military, however. And TRICare really only beats the VA if 2 conditions are met: 1- You have dependents 2- Your VA Is particularly bad.

I retired and I have dependents, so TRICare makes sense for me- plus no added service obligation in the reserves for broke dick fat rear end retirees. But if I lived alone and/or somewhere with a decent VA I’d jump on that poo poo. My dad is a retired O and he just uses the VA, because where he’s at they’re far and away the best game in town, and happen to be free!

Since you served during GWOT don’t you get a like an extra decade of no income adjusted free medical care from the VA? I think you get that for life after a certain C&P rating with the VA but don’t quote me on that.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The USAF is weird in that we kind of have a hybrid of OS and IS rates in our 1N0X1 Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC = Rate essentially)

It’s Operations Intelligence. Depending on assignment you end up doing some percentage of operations or support instead of intelligence work. I mean nominally your still the Intel guy, but if you are trained and qualified there’s a lot of operations jobs for you. You can fly, you can jump outta planes, you can brief 4 stars a weekly intelligence brief, and you can literally be a nuclear targeteer at STRATCOM who lives in a completely classified and unknown location underground that’s very likely to survive a nuclear attack.

It’s literally one of the best jobs I ever had. I know you navy guys have loving seriously cool rear end jobs- I just like trying to get young folks to not join the navy (good) and instead join the USAF (bad) and go 1N0X1 (worse).

Smegma Pie!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hekk posted:

lol there are no more kids reading SA anymore. The bulk of us are late 30s to mid 40s now.

There are 1.7 billion Chinese, and I feel like if you aren’t 100% P&T from the DOD and VA like me you are at risk of getting sent to fight a land war in Asia.

Let’s all stop and reflect on what war with China would really be like.

Yeah that’s gonna be a no from me, dog.
Do you know how many Chinese on average a soldier or marine are gonna have to kill in order for us to decimate the PLA? And decimation? That’s nothing for them. Nothing. 1 in 10? poo poo you probably are only making them stronger killing off their weakest links in the decimation if you managed to pull one off.

I don’t know how many bullets we have or make, but I can guarangoddamnedtee it’s just not enough for an Asian land war.

Also, if we got every commonwealth nation and English speaking Ally to join in on Operation JADE RAILROAD, it would be a statistically insignificant addition to our force except for our good friends the Aussies. They’ll be a statistically significant ally for any number of reasons most of them involving their ships and submarines and proximity (relative to the U.S) to the PRC and Taiwan.

You never want to fight a land war in Asia, ask your uncle who’s not invited to thanksgiving anymore and uses slurs for Vietnamese people, if we should fight a land war in Asia.

And you know what? Despite voting for trump twice, and being MAGA incarnate he’s gonna tell you no you don’t want to fight a land war in Asia.

The next 2-5 years is gonna be a REALLY good time to get your Coast Guard contract and do your time in the USCG. loving trust me. I’m nuts, stoned, and stupid, but trust me: You want to be a Coast Guard vet when the balloon goes up,
Or retired w/ 100% P&T. You don’t want to be a vet or the DoD branches- except maybe space force if you are smart/dumb enough to be one of them.

I know you retired Hekk, but maybe some teen will find this place.

Night folks!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Re: Controller Chat

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Flyinglemur posted:

Uh, Apollo 13 was a movie. This is real life.

Idiot

I want to believe

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

There's 1 easy step to never having to worry about Reserve requirements ever again...

:420: ?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought you were an expert at taking things apart.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

disassembling guns on watch guy?

Correct.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Brown-water Navy is kind of a Navy.

poo poo is a kind of food too, but yet…

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arione posted:

Hey all,

Been a long time since I've posted here. Left Hawaii in 2015(first station), did a precom, caught the big sad, got 2x NJP's as IT1. Frist was handing another IT1 a clipboard "aggressively" and that was disrespect to an NCO, despite us being peers. 2nd was for telling POOW not to call me at 4am for bullshit reports on gear temps well within spec. Prestiged back to IT2 in 2020, PCSed back to Hawaii to the worst IT command in the Navy. Caught an XOI for joking that a BB gun would keep feral cats off a guys convertible in a private facebook group, demanded CM and they dropped it, was about to be ad-sepped for 3 NJP's in as many years. (rear end in a top hat peta member reported the comment to Navy IG and everyone ran with it). Got referred to MH for a few years and they determined that it wasn't just the big sad, that I'd actually had enough of the bullshit and lost my mind. So in April this year I was medically retired for bipolar disorder. VA was handled during my medboard process and I came out of it about as well as I could have. Found out in May that I'd actually picked IT1 back up first time with nothing but 3.0 evals since the NJP. Command felt that I didnt deserve anything but a 3.0 since I was being med boarded. Doesn't really matter and I wouldn't want my ID card or DD214 updated to reflect E6 anyways as golf and cabins/hotels are cheaper as E5 anyways. But it was a nice final gently caress you. All in all the Navy seemed to gently caress me constantly after my first tour, the only good thing was it put me in great places to enjoy life outside of the Navy. San Diego was awesome, won the majority of PCA Concours shows in So Cal and Vegas in 2019, won the only show in 2020 before the plague. Hawaii has been pretty dope, still working IT on the civilian side. It feels so good to not have to deal with the daily BS of Navy life.

Greetings and salutations fellow veteran!

I have to ask- do you have a good medication regime for Bipolar? Out of all the health fights I’ve had Bipolar was the hardest thing for me to work on.

If the USN didn’t do a great job and the VA didn’t either shoot me a PM and I can tell you a few things I’ve figured out along the way. (If you haven’t had a grippy socks vacation yet, consider yourself blessed)

Glad to see you are no longer in the navy, don’t stay gone for years at a time again man!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I just found out that my Chief for the last year or so, probably the best Chief I've ever known, who I learned a ton from, has terminal cancer. He's younger than me by like 3 years. loving sucks, he was going to make Master Chief no question. A super solid dude. Was one of the least Joe Navy people you'd ever meet, and while Philipino, was vehemently anti-Mafia.

I’m sorry to hear that, man.

Jesus that’s awful.

If you get a chance, make sure to let him, and the ones who are going to miss him the most know just how great a man he is/was. It will mean the world to everyone even if it might seem awkward up front. Just trust me man.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mr. Bad Guy,

I know you’ve had a slow slog to the chiefs mess, but I sincerely believe in you. You might top out as a chief or a senior chief but when you get there you are gonna do good things.

I just know. Best luck next time, brother.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I sincerely hope you make it, brother. I think I you could be an even bigger force for good as a chief.

P.S. Skating is the epitome of “good” in my world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ded posted:

the entire navy needs to be burned down