Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Elviscat posted:

Y'all ever get woke up by the messenger, go eat, head on back to the engine room for watch, and one RO unit's overfilling the RFTs, the other's dumping brine in the bilge, the LOPs are geysering 2190 out of the water seal, one condenser has no vacuum, and ERUL doesn't know what he hosed up so he's cowering and crying in a corner, the EP is in some hosed up lineup with no procedure for recovery, the EWS and ERS are shooting the poo poo in maneuvering, who just have all the alarms cutout, and ERLL is literally just missing somehow?

Because that's how I feel getting off work and reading this thread.

Please translate appropriately for your rate.

Everyone wants to hangout in Maneuvering because it's where all the electricians are at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/the_sailor_dog/status/1757839156674506894?t=_du-GTaXi0aBz9GzSvtzCg&s=19

Sounds like your Chief got early news of this and just couldn't handle not being able to Shipmate! Shipmates

This is what fox news is talking about when it discusses the "woke" military. Absolutely disgraceful

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Quackles posted:

Great. What's impedance?

A miserable pile of secrets

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 26, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Crab Dad posted:

gently caress yeah my unit approved me going back to fleetweek.

Hoping to bring my wife with me this time to help fend off all the NYC cougars.

This is such a wildly antithetical approach to Fleet Week that it just might work.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Crab Dad posted:

Not sure what’s worse for different reasons.

On a submarine it's definitely loving a member of the crew. That kind of power disparity playing out on intensely isolated deployments would be a real problem. Its also such a facially stupid move that my bet is on DUI for why they were relieved

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Oh great, a coner got a Comm for some poo poo they did off the boat unrelated to ship's readiness. Great.

lol just kidding nice work crabdad yall deserve the recognition. Weird to see all this shake out the way its supposed to.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

I thought that's what the huge re-up bonuses were for

Nah re-up bonuses just give a number for how much extra you're earning vs. how much extra you work. We did the math a couple times while getting underway and realized that we were making less than a dollar extra per hour worked due to how much extra poo poo nukes have to do compared to conventional sailors. IIRC this assumed that as a sailor, you would participate in at least 1 mmp or drydocking period and was based on the experience of a submariner.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

Choose your rate, choose your fate Nu Nu.

But seriously, I could not have gotten through power school as a young, alcoholic dipshit so I have some respect for all you science hippies that did.

That said, it did suck to hear repeatedly how much dumber us coners were. I did feel bad watching you guys hook up shore power while we were going on liberty. So being dumb has it's advantages.

One of my best friends on Augusta was a nuke that had the worst military bearing I've ever seen. He was a great guy. He used to write poo poo on the TP rolls in middle level head, all negative about nukes, but full of misspellings. It was hilarious.

i wish I had been smart enough to drop out of powerschool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Elviscat posted:

I remember pulling in because Nav Div poo poo broke, and watching them walk off the boat right after trash off, because they can't fix their own poo poo and need contractors to do it. We were stuck standing underway watch rotation because they wanted us underway the second it was fixed and wouldn't let us shut down.

E-Div should be entitled to chose one sailor per quarter to keelhaul, up to the EDMC.