Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Crackerjacks are still way gayer. Neckerchif above all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm actually feeling really dumb for bringing my blues and both my peanutbutters and only one digi. From my past experience on AT and drill. This is a bit of a burn.
At least I got a nice room at the Hilton.

Stripping, waxing, painting and shining.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was so fortunate that when I attempted it the belt broke. I realized I was just being selfish and would have put my family through worse suffering than I was going through. Also Navy belts are cheap as poo poo.

Talk to your loving command or chaplain.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You reverse engineer Nork malware when not blowing opsec on OPLANs you'll be hired for your elite hacking skills right out the gate, Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh7sIXFnEA

Buttplug is the actual star, the title and stuff is wrong.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Boon posted:

Sometimes I miss ship life

Am I... Am I broken?

Buy a boat

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I don't miss poo poo, gently caress the Navy x1000000

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We got to do anything other than sleep during church time so I chilled and wrote letters / "cleaned" under my rack.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vulturesrow posted:

Most of the people who post in this thread are retarded and not funny.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803602&userid=180200

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

33 days left until terminal, can't wait to join the ranks of you godless bastards.

Anyone got recommendations for good restaurants, beaches, and strip clubs in Mayport/Jax area? Will be TAD there for two weeks.

Jackrabbits has OK shows and is a nice intimate venue. Got my freedom DUI there.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 12, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
if its an emergency visit then no, I don't believe so. Otherwise you can apply to get a local appointment IF you are actually outside of some distance that typically falls around 100 miles, I believe. Call your closest VA appointment scheduler and ask em about it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I've been handling all my VA poo poo with my driver's licence

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Coffee is poo poo and I only ever drank it for the sweet, sweet caffeine. Also because I wasn't gonna pay the loving FCPO or CPO organizations a loving red cent to buy energy drinks underway.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'm starting to miss going out to sea and working 18 hour days. I keep wondering wtf is wrong with me.

You've been institutionalized like one of those dogs that slobbers every time they hear a bell. Fieldday your apartment and car for a sense of fulfillment then get hot on your VA poo poo and school

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Gray Matter posted:

Pushed back 2 weeks. Speaking of discharges, would a hypothetical OTH discharge "override" the honorable discharge from AD on one's DD214 or how does that work? Reserves is still a complete mystery to me.

No, once you get an honorable by either reenlisting or being discharged or going to the reserved you're good to go

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

Started terminal leave yesterday.

Doesn't feel any different than regular leave but then I realize I will never go underway again. Still not registering yet.

You can go underway again whenever you want. Just two years ago I went on a camping trip and a bear ate half the food we had packed. Consequently our day of rest around a lake was canceled, and no one had actual toilet paper until we made it back to Aspen.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

orange juche posted:

Did you eat the shitter paper?

I survived little buddy. Don't try to make me relive that deployment.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Sir Lucius posted:

What was your rate? You could possibly make fat stacks of contract cash.

He's a stupid goddamn officer

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Woo, got my disability rating where it needs to be, along with a 5k backpay. Thanks, Navy!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

I laughed. You did good.

My claim sat in limbo for about 2 years before I moved out here to Colorado and refiled it through a local office. I realize that might not be an easy or even feasible option, but they did date my backpay back to my original claim that I filed in New Orleans.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Stone bridge hike on hawaii is the poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Shim settling into delusional old shut-in mode at breakneck speed.

I haven't seen a fidget spinner IRL and I live next to a college campus.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Yan Bao Qin posted:

My little sister's been talking to me about joining the Navy as an officer, in the Nuke program, and I can't convince her that it's a terrible idea. (ETN1 over here)

Then it appears you're a failure as a nuke, enlisted scum, and a brother.

Which kind of makes sense.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah okay, I'll just stay in my cozy E3 corner.

Why the gently caress aren't you cleaning?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

.18 at 9 in the morning after stopping at midnight is loving impressive.

Lol he showed up two hour late because he actually rallied after the photo was taken, did a few handfuls of blow, and drank a half bottle of mouthwash before biking to work to avoid a third D.U.I

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Aren't PUCs combat unit citations? The FLORIDA got a NUC for blowing up Libya.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 29, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Water777 posted:

Can you quit?

As a nuke you can always quit, though it would supposedly jeopardize your opportunities to go balls deep into the thriving industry that is civilian nuclear energy. They're building a new one in Georgia!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Null Integer posted:

Let me expand on what I have seen to nukes who attempt to quit. It's not normal limdu where you do nothing but jerk off after mustering at 8AM for a few hours and then go home. They cut you special nuke orders(Non PCS, non-accompanied, seabag only) and you go work for a shipyard doing non-nuke stuff or "EZ Nuke" stuff under strict supervision(daycare level) for 8+ hour days with constant musters/inspections/lovely quality of life after work, until you break and go back to the boat, get denuked and become conventional or separate from the Navy.

If you are a submariner, they also take your dolphins.

You can take the pin, you can take the annotation on the dd214, but you can't give back the 6-12 months of learning inane poo poo that qualifies you as Submarine Warfare qualified!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Oh wow did admin gently caress something up.and not let you know? That's really strange and totally unexpected

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

orange juche posted:

I've still got all my uniforms in a box :qq:

I gave my parents my dress uniforms and gave my Dixie cups to some friends. All I have left now are some coveralls I use for painting and my NWU parka I use as a raincoat (it never rains in Colorado)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Nukes make the water on nuclear vessels and they probably want to get sick and die / hope everyone else gets sick and dies

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Impregnate outboard spaces

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

This isn't directed towards you but I'm not sure why people hate the VA for not giving them a hearing aid or taking their hearing loss serious as being service related when they never once wrote it down and skipped that box on their final physical because they didn't want to make their EAS more work

All the while they were 19 and had good hearing lol why would I need earpro? I'm a man damnit

You've got your annual audiogram today so hurry the gently caress up and get it done because the department can't leave until we have an all-hands.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

There's no test for tinnitus. If you can prove that, while you were in, you were exposed to loud noises (which ought to be 100% of anyone who serves in the military, really), then they'll grant you 10% for tinnitus.

I got denied for this poo poo hella hard, despite working and drilling in a submarine engine-room and at a navy shipyard.

They just don't believe that I got the tinn

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah my appeal was denied. Though I think there is something else still working it's way through the system.They just don't want to believe that drilling around steam turbines can damage your ears

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

So I was skimming through orders and I noticed a set for 200 days with the USNS Trenton.

Pro: It's in the Med. It's not a ship that can stay out at sea long.

Con: I know nothing about that class of ship and for all I know it could be a floating hell. I've never heard of anyone talking about being on one.

So does anyone have a story about it or a sister ship?

We met some skimmer in the med whose Crew was complaining about the number of maneuvering watches they had to undergo and the number of port calls they had been making. Don't be like them and enjoy your time in the med.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

They complained about port calls?

They complained about the extra work that making port calls entailed because they were loving retards.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

Yeah the Bees are a retard parade but no thanks re: going to sea.

Anyone here able to give me a quick answer for where on my DTS claim I fill in the necessary info to get BAS, since I wasn't getting galley food for a couple weeks? Also, does anyone have the .pdf checklist you have to digitally sign and attach? Cool story, supply didn't set us all up for success.

You're a seabee, build one

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

If I built it then it DEFINITELY won't work

I would think that your command admin office would be able to walk you through all this stuff, considering it would all be going through them at some point. In my experience they're usually pretty happy to help sailors out when you have a specific question in mind about paperwork / admin / regulations and the like. This is also something you could potentially run by your LCPO or some poo poo?

I dunno how Seabees are organized and poo poo but ask whoever wrangles you or whoever wrangles them? Show some initiative and people will take notice!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah convince one of your stupider friends that they're losing money and support their decision to bring this problem to some khakis. Maybe have him buddyfuck that 2nd class that has failed your command.

But certainly don't ever leave money on the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

If you are in that boat you aren't passing the exam. Re BAS, we were told to go to admin, so we are hosed

Why? Its money youre entitled to? If they dont want to bother then drop a dime to the IG and start cooking with gas baby!