Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Laranzu posted:

They going to get the sunken Hawaii one for cheap

This is Canada, they're going to somehow get that one for way more than the cost of a brand new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
They let nukes off the ship on port calls? :raise:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
If a fighter shoots down a missile then it's a missile defense.
:goonsay:

I'm sure someone's got an alignment chart that will explain it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
What's the place on Pearl that has the good fried rice omelette? Bowling alley?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Well I don't know about "omelette", but that was a tasty pile of fried rice with a thin layer of egg draped over the top.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Laranzu posted:

Edit: I also have a real life working one way pager. No one under 35 knows what this is

Holy poo poo, I didn't know "1995" was an available duty station.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nick Soapdish posted:

Question for brown shoe types, I swear I saw an E-2C takeoff from Dover AFB today. It had the dish but was small and making quicker (then again everything is smaller and quicker compared to C5s and C17s), what's up with that being up in Delaware?

Probably doing a touch and go, that's a convenient range from Norfolk for a ~2 hour training flight.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Crab Dad posted:

So I was delivering some Girl Scout cookies and when I got out of my car I noticed a fire alarm and very heavy smoke coming from an apartment. The person I was delivering cookies to ran with me to the apartment and while I went in to check for people he grabbed an extinguisher and put out the active fire on the stove. There was a woman and child and they were fine. The smoke drove us out but the fire was apparently dead when the FD showed up.
I want to bring his actions up with his chain of command since he’s just an E5 and things can matter. What’s the best way to bring his actions to light for them?
I’ve never considered this for anyone before but I was pretty impressed with his actions (and stamina, I’m coughing up a goddamn lung).

Write up a summary of what happened and email it to his LPO/chief set every printer in the command to print it nonstop until they give him a NAM.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I've become the victim of a master-level troll. The classic "left my NIPR account unattended" e-mail, but with a genius twist. The recipient of the email is a GM1 that was on the Champlain with me for a deployment and decommissioning.

Here's the email:

He only found out it was a prank email when he told me how much it made his day, and I had no idea wtf he was talking about. Incredible troll.

All that stuff is true, too. Except for me performing more. I think that was the only thing that gave him pause.

Hah. The most wholesome prank email.

Best one I've seen was back when you could email NMCI helpdesk to change your GAL title. One guy was listed as "Command Morale Officer" for a few weeks before he noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Congrats Crabchief! Good luck with the board.