Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
it's kind of sad how crypto currency miners have more processing power than multi million dollar war ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
There is a really good feeling: after you get out and want to take a long weekend out to Vegas or something. And you don't have to ask permission for going "out of area."

Also not shaving.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
What if we fired all the chiefs? Would that help?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
LOL. I just got a mailer trying to recruit me as a cyber warefare engineer. I haven't even been out 3 months and they want me back?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

buttplug posted:

Lucius: pass. The community is going away, anyways.

Nah, I wouldn't go back. Life on the outside is too awesome.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

A Bible instead of a tech manual? That's cruel and unusual.

I suppose you could use the pages to make paper airplanes or something.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Hi guys, I got IDW qualified. Worst experience of my navy career.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
You should join the army before going nuke.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
at least he's not enlisting with a degree I guess

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

SeismicTriangle posted:

Hi yall, I've been lurking for a bit and probably going to continue with that just wanted to chime in that your pleads to not go nuke are heard by some. I decided against nuke when I started reading thru this thread a few months back and some other idiot asked about it. Lucked out and ended up getting CTN and now i'm at Corry and life is a whole lot better than what i'm hearing about Charleston from nukes I met in boot camp.

Your deck still stands, unfortunately holding doesn't do anything as interesting or useful as that now, half of the people in holding just arrange rock gardens in hooyah navy ways. Its chill but would of been nice to have spent 2 months with something to show for it instead of just wasting time looking busy.

I was a CTN for 6 years. It was a comfortable rate with minimal stress. I'm now a govt contractor and life is great.

One of the other CTN goons is/was an instructor down there when I went through jcac.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
hey, if you get a 99 on your asvab you'd think you'd be smart enough to go CTN instead if nuke, but oh well.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
guys, im in vegas, on a Wednesday night, drinking martinis in a cocktail lounge, and I didn't need to get permission from my chief to go out of area. my advice:

1) get out.

2) never go nuke.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
cryptologic technician networks.

We are hackers (wannabe script kiddies) :)

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

SeismicTriangle posted:

my classmates 10k bonus for enlisting as reserve ctn begs to differ

Or get a 10k signing bonus at your new job when you get out. Getting out owns by the way. Life is so great right now.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
been out for 8 months now. Buying a house. Not giving a gently caress. If you're in you should get out. If you've been in for 14 years and figure you can stick it out you should still probably get out. Life is so much better on the outside, you should join us.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Ah yes, the reserves. Good idea, give up my weekends and vacation hours so I can shave and do computer based training. I don't know why anyone would ever actually want to do this.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
My pqs signatures were forged by the sea too.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
10 month anniversary of getting out. Got another reserves recruitment solicitation. I think im going to have to pass, I don't ever plan on shaving two days in a row ever again.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
The navy is full of dead weight that's not exclusive to the seabees. We had plenty of CTs that came to work and did nothing until quitting time 4 hours later.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Whatever happened to just using the word "shipmate" to insult each other?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I get 10% discount at home depot. Rather have my health than have been hosed up while in. I rode a desk tho, but still makes you a vet in the eyes of the hardware store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I was in the Navy