Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Don't they do spotchecks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

LingcodKilla posted:

Stupid E5 test for IT. Never even seen a radio in person.
Can't wait for results.

A lot of the IT people that see radios every day don't know what they are either. Don't sweat it.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Howard Phillips posted:

Underway is the only way.

Just don't crash into Japan.

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/cruiser-skipper-fired-after-tokyo-bay-grounding

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Godholio posted:

I still get multiple emails daily from NMCI telling me that poo poo doesn't work and there's no estimate on when service will be restored.

I am in class with people that work for NMCI and this isn't surprising. I am surprised that our network works at all.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

LingcodKilla posted:

Did the rest of you Reservists get your drill pushed back? Apparently we ran out of funding.

No reservists in my class. Just active duty and other civilians. All we had to do was setup an exchange server and 2 people (actual IT people) managed to somehow destroy their computers.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Sarkazm posted:

Had about a dozen or so people in the TGPS class I was teaching this week list that as a goal as well. Dogges are goal worthy.

Just got a doggo. The above is a true statement.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Oh I would love to see the NJP for this. If he was hiding... https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/breaking-news-missing-shiloh-sailor-found-alive-on-ship-1.473645#.WUKKOut95hE

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
TVS, I am just a former STG who always tried to take DC seriously. All I can think to say is BZ to you and the FTZ. I used to work on your ship quite a bit up until a year ago and I can't imagine what all this must be like.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
TVS, you did great. Because of you and the people you trained, you probably saved the ship.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

LogicalFallacy posted:

Well, I am saved, such as it were. My paperwork is not going to clear before I hit the point of too-drat-old-to-go-nuke. So instead my recruiter asked me how I feel about going secf. :v:

After reading the last 300 posts and knowing quite a few nukes that were dropped for various reasons while still in school, you don't know how lucky you are.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

McNally posted:

No, you see it's fine because he doesn't plan on being a statistic.

No matter how you look at it, we won't have to see him in a couple of months saying how bad being a nuke student is and how he should have listened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Bring back impressment.

Bring back rum.