Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Does the Army get as sandy vagina over being called a POG as the marines? Everyone I ever worked with basically had to marry a rifle or M9.

No, because we half rear end everything in the Army, including being jealous of other MOS'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah but infantry likes to jerk off about how they aren't pogs. Our PL was a reclass and would tell us how scared pogs were of infantry. "And I know, because I used to be a pog."

Also why isn't it spelled pogue? I know it's an acronym but when I see pog I immediately think of the greatest schoolbus game of all time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

No, because we half rear end everything in the Army, including being jealous of other MOS'.

Tangentially related, I poorly remember an anecdote about how the services breakdown when you talk poo poo about their service.

Air Force just chuckle and laugh, because poo poo, life is pretty sweet.

Sailors have heard every gay joke and wrote half of them, but will defend their ship.

Marines get the most uppity about their flavor of koolaid. They all "wanted to be infantry" anyway.

Someone talks poo poo about the army? That's not even the dumbest loving story any soldier has witnessed, so we're likely to one up you.

E: :laffo: @being scared of infantry. I find more reasons I'm glad I didn't do that poo poo everyday. No one is scared of infantry unless they're either the enemy or a rape victim.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 6, 2017

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Genocide Tendency posted:

Does the Army get as sandy vagina over being called a POG as the marines? Everyone I ever worked with basically had to marry a rifle or M9.

gently caress no. I'm the POGiest rear end POG that ever POGed and I'm fine with that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress me, I thought everyone made fun of infantry for going infantry, because there is nothing dumber than going infantry beside getting waivers to go infantry

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

TBeats posted:

Yeah but infantry likes to jerk off about how they aren't pogs. Our PL was a reclass and would tell us how scared pogs were of infantry. "And I know, because I used to be a pog."

That's the strangest pep talk I've ever heard of.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aranan posted:

gently caress no. I'm the POGiest rear end POG that ever POGed and I'm fine with that.

Some of the Pogiest POGs I knew were prior shooters.

Unrelated.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

That's a weird inverse of the person who reclassed from infantry years ago, but can't shut the gently caress up about how they were infantry back in the day.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was really shocked when I saw my first infantry unit in Korea. They were all really small kids, but play gay chicken like lives depended on it.

Then when I was at Benning had occasion to wander down to infantry osut land and it was the same thing, just a bunch of little kids.

Had the unfortunate circumstance of having to deal with RTB and regiment because those dickheads were always ruining vehicles and equipment and had to beg for humvees and various other poo poo. Which just meant we were soon to have ruined vehicles, but those guys were just slightly older little kids, but with a few obviously juiced up monsters scattered amongst them.

The only reason I'd ever be concerned about infantry is that they are usually doing something that is going to attract some very bad attention, or poo poo was about to get really, really stupid. Or rape. The staggeringly high incident of dude on dude rape.

As for pogues, whatever, really. I was a tanker and a scout and all my job was for the 4ish years I was in was to make some cocksucker much higher rank than me feel important, which I'd wager is what 95% of the entire military's job is.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Korea is not representative of the army as a whole. 8th army is a joke. NCOs don't care to correct or take care of soldiers because they just want to do their year and get back to the states (for example I was suicidal and told my section leader that I was getting more and more angry and depressed every single day and his response was "it's Korea, we are all angry and depressed.") . It's the biggest shithole of an army unit I've ever seen.

Not sure how it is now since I guess they are doing unit rotations instead of just randomly sending people there.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TBeats posted:

I was suicidal and told my section leader that I was getting more and more angry and depressed every single day and his response was "it's Korea, we are all angry and depressed."

He was right though. :colbert:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A Korea tour is an absolutely perfect blend of everything that is wrong with peacetime Army and deployed wartime Army at the exact same time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the only group gayer than medics are infantry

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the only group gayer than medics are infantry

Medics at least have the potential of doing something related to their job while in. Cav scouts are about on par with infantry in terms of gayness

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cav is just infantry with helicopters and horse fantasies

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

And a rich history of slaughtering native Americans

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

And a rich history of slaughtering native Americans

We get it. You like the Cav. Quit being so obvious.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

We get it. You like the Cav. Quit being so obvious.

Welp, time to kill myself I guess

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

cav is just infantry with gay hats and boots

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Medics at least have the potential of doing something related to their job while in. Cav scouts are about on par with infantry in terms of gayness

I've literally put my finder in other dudes buttholes as a medic

Infantry is still gayer

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

At least we're not all raping each other. It's consensual here. :colbert:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
WHY IS THE SKY BLUE BECAUSE GODSATAN LOVES THE INFANTRY KILL KILL KILL WITH THE COLD BLUE STEEL HOOOAHH SUCKMYINFANTRYDICKFROMTHEBACK *gargles cum*

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
new idea for avatar, feels good meme guy in class A's with a blue cord and cum all over his face with a dick slightly off-picture

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

new idea for avatar, feels good meme guy in class A's with a blue cord and cum all over his face with a dick slightly off-picture

Requesting this as an av please

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

if i could draw on the computer machine i'd make it for myself but oh well :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

WHY IS THE SKY BLUE BECAUSE GODSATAN LOVES THE INFANTRY KILL KILL KILL WITH THE COLD BLUE STEEL HOOOAHH SUCKMYINFANTRYDICKFROMTHEBACK *gargles cum*

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Pesticide20 posted:

Can you upload a selfie

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Can you upload a selfie

The only one I've got in my ASUs is your mom going down on me though? :shrug:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

The only one I've got in my ASUs is your mom going down on me though? :shrug:

:mediocre: my son :mediocre:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I thought she was too

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I was infantry and the only people who even utter the phrase "pogue" in earnest are the same guys proud of lettering in football in high school because they know its the only thing they'll ever be proud of and that's the high-point of their life

Same guys who look at you quizzically when you say "I wanna leave the army and study in college with the GI bill :) " as if there's literally nothing better to do than being king of poo poo mountain. Also "its a warzone out there! there's no jobs and unemployment is rampant!" all the way in 2013.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, I haven't been assigned a unit yet when I checked my AKO and we got a dumb brief on how we select preferences in AKO if we haven't gotten an assignment yet.

My wife wants Italy. I have Airborne in mu contract, so that leads me to believe that my only end-points with UNAB-contract is basically Bragg, Viscenza, or some Alaskan shithole.

There is no Italy on the OCONUS preference list. I sure as gently caress don't want Alaska, so I tried getting Bragg on the CONUS list, but since there are no other airborne options, I left two other boxes "no preference." Then the system told me that I have to select something.

Out of assignmebt checkboxes, "airborne volunteer" was prechecked, but "airborne duty preferred" was not. Should I check that box?

I am now dumber.

Is there a way to somehow prefer Italy over other options, and should I bother with this stuff, and if so, how?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Airborne school does not guarantee an airborne unit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Unless you've got some rank on you, then I'm pretty sure those things don't matter poo poo.

HRC does what HRC wants, and that's whatever is easiest for them.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

So, I haven't been assigned a unit yet when I checked my AKO and we got a dumb brief on how we select preferences in AKO if we haven't gotten an assignment yet.

My wife wants Italy. I have Airborne in mu contract, so that leads me to believe that my only end-points with UNAB-contract is basically Bragg, Viscenza, or some Alaskan shithole.

There is no Italy on the OCONUS preference list. I sure as gently caress don't want Alaska, so I tried getting Bragg on the CONUS list, but since there are no other airborne options, I left two other boxes "no preference." Then the system told me that I have to select something.

Out of assignmebt checkboxes, "airborne volunteer" was prechecked, but "airborne duty preferred" was not. Should I check that box?

I am now dumber.

Is there a way to somehow prefer Italy over other options, and should I bother with this stuff, and if so, how?

PVT Vähäkylä,

Welcome to Army sponsorship. All soldiers must have a sponsor before orders will be issued for them to proceed. Lack of sponsorship requires either an exception to policy signed by the commanding general of the base or else you will be placed in a hold status by your AIT unit until you have a sponsor from your gaining unit. The way your AIT unit gets sponsors is by calling your gaining unit repeatedly and yelling at them until they sponsor you or your AIT unit finally sends up a 4187 to your commanding general and says your gaining unit is a bunch of fucks.

Airborne in your contract doesn't mean airborne in your assignment. It might mean that, but if there's a lack of need, it can mean it was a neat-o thing in your contract to get you to enlist.

You can try calling your branch manager. Most of the time this will not help, but sometimes it does. Roll of the dice.

I look forward to your stories of using medic skills to cure/treat/assess the dumbest of injuries and illnesses.

V/R,

Forums User mlmp08
Poster, SA
Posting

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So my first unit of assignment says "UNAB", I thought that meant that you'd end up in an AB unit, and school of airborne meant having Option 4 in your contract.

I was silly to assume that them giving us a briefing on it would mean it mattered. I am
hilariously naíve and not cynical enough about the US Army yet but we are getting there.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I got my assignment like the day I graduated AIT.

Also MAYBE check your ERB to see if it showed up in assignments yet. It's weird but loving who understands S1 anyways?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

So my first unit of assignment says "UNAB", I thought that meant that you'd end up in an AB unit, and school of airborne meant having Option 4 in your contract.

I was silly to assume that them giving us a briefing on it would mean it mattered. I am
hilariously naíve and not cynical enough about the US Army yet but we are getting there.

Let the record show I told you not to enlist.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I checked ERB, there is an empty space above my Medic AIT unit.

So basically I have no real way to prefer Italy in any meaningful way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

Let the record show I told you not to enlist.

I am allowed to be an idiot, I am US Citizen nowadays.